Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Vintage{}Love » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:24 am

So listen to this!

I have a 14 year old toy golden doodle that ran ways New Year’s Eve. It was looking very grim as she has bad hips and we like in a very hilly ranch in the middle of no where. She was gone for 3 days and the temperature never got above 0. We were 100% positive that she wouldn’t make it home. She was found 13 miles away!!! Some how alive, exhausted and covers in snow!
Vintage{}Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:26 am

and heres a picture of my oldest dog, cinnamon. he has grown up with me for as long as i remember! he's such a mommas boy, and sticks right buy my mothers side! sadly he is getting so old he has alot of trouble getting up o beds, and it takes him like 5 minutes to lay down on the ground, its so sad to watch him some times. but he is super healthy besides him just aging!
Last edited by BananaBean on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dustnbones » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:28 am

-
Last edited by dustnbones on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
─ ─── ───────
toyhouse - listo - art shop - spotify - coding

─ 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 ─
┌───────────┐

└───────────┘
hi! im amira, i like art, 80s music,
cowboys & westerns, tarantino films,
and rdr. dm me anytime, i luv friends

████████████
dustnbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:06 am

Marking the new thread!

@Reewolf, my vet usually recommends waiting until after the puppy's core shots are done before taking them for walks where they walk themselves. You can still take them outside as long as you carry them though, since socialization is also important at a young age!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:18 am

@awakening souls
Thank you. And I'm inclined to agree lol. I follow so many other Dobie owners on IG cause I can't get enough of them. XD

@halogen.
Yes he does.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Museatron wrote:
What Breed(s) of dog(s) do you have?
Been a long time since I bothered posting my dogs on this site, so what the heck, new thread, might as well.
Accurate picture is accurate.
- pic was here -
Doakes (the chihuahua mutt) is still his usual slightly pudgey grumpy old man self.
Link (the doberman) is his usual nearly perfect self. Haven't had any major incidents of naughty behavior for a long time until the other day when he decided my new alpaca wool hat was a toy and ripped it up. My fault for leaving it in the living room knowing real animal product things are usual toys for him. >.<

oh goodness!! what a precious doberbaby.

this is my doberman, his name is rocky and he loves cuddles and is afraid of small dogs. he also likes to protect us from all dangers by barking and these dangers include slight knocking, pizza men and cats. hes a very brave boy.

juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plecostomus enjoyer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:35 pm

rosie's a really good dog, but she's very timid due to coming from a horribly abusive home before we got her. while she's so much better than when my family first got her, she doesnt like to be touched unless she comes to you first. if you try and touch her without her coming up to you to her she'll start growling. she's not a biter and she isnt vicious at all, she's just terrified. she'll growl and shrink down to try and get away from you and if you dont move your hand away fast enough she'll lunge at your hand like she's going to attack you but she'll just gently touch a tooth against your skin. it's just because she's scared and i want to help her, because she really a loving dog with bad fear problems. (she comes to check on me in my room and licks and nuzzles my hands when i pet her. she's really a sweetheart when she isnt reacting to things in fear) any tips or suggestions on how i can help her feel more comfortable and less afraid? i've been sitting on the floor and waiting for her to come to me and i try and soothe her by talking quietly to her and i give her lots of treats, but i'm not the one she's most afraid of. she's afraid of my brother and father and she hates when people wear shirts that look like janitor uniforms (the shirts with the name in the corner) and my mother and i think that it's because of her former owner and how she was abused. she's terrified of my father and brother and they expect her to be comfortable with them right away and it's causing her to growl. what are some things they can do to work with her to get her to get over her fear? we all love her so much.
hi im luce! im a disabled adult player. my pronouns are it/it/itself and hy/hym/hyr.
i love fish and i have two dogs, a border collie mix named rosie and a hound named chance!
all my pets, items and c$ can be traded in exchange for lorwolf and flight rising currency
plecostomus enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:42 pm

@fixation; you’re on the right track with patience. you need a ton of it. i had a dog from birth that was very very timid and skittish of people. it took me almost two years to get her to let others approach her and she wouldn’t strink back. irony is her name was also rosie. some dogs also do not like men for some reason. have the men in your family sit on the floor like you and let her come to them and they give treats. you cant push too much or she’ll back track. you’ll have to go at her pace and it may take years before she’s every comfortable around some people. little by little expose her to new things and the things she’s not fond of, don’t force anything on her and let her figure it out that it’s not a bad thing. that’s my advice from my experience.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:17 pm

He got a bath on the sink. He was not pleased. Maybe if he would stop peeing on himself we wouldnt have this problem.

Image I dont think I ever really get pictures that accurately show how weird he looks so here ya go. Stilt Boi.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:42 pm

@cardinal

oh my what breed is he? he is absolutely adorable!
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me