Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Geckos!!!♥☺ Any type!!!!!(we also talk about other lizar

Postby Ghost19 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 am

i have an awesome sunglow leoperd Gecko.
AuraFurry and I are good friends and sometimes share a computer.
Ghost19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:38 pm

How often would you suggest changing heating pads for a leo tank??? I feel like I need to put a new one of the bottom, not the side... but it is so stuck I dont want to wreck it...
-Also, do you think it is safe to put a leo in a tank with a crack running up the side of it? (my friend has one and we were wondering if it was safe... its seems fairly stable but could get worse...)
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bearcups » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:45 pm

@ghost19 : sounds pretty! :3

@Crum : no. I'd never risk it. What looks like a tiny shard of shattered glass / wood / plastic would be like a knife to the reptile. They aren't big.
    ┌────────────────────┐
    you took me into your arms
    you taught me to smile, be brave
    you were my teacher, my lover, my life
    but one day, you shot me down
    and i never got back up

└───────────────────────────┘
bearcups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

aeiou wrote:
    @Crum : no. I'd never risk it. What looks like a tiny shard of shattered glass / wood / plastic would be like a knife to the reptile. They aren't big.

Ok thanks, Ill tell her she should probably just throw it away. ;)
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 am

I made a new adoptable thing here where you can adopt lizards (and geckos ;))
Click the gecko to see it!!
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serena » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:25 am

I currently don't have any geckos, but I think they are quite adorable and I'd love to have a gecko one day. ^-^ I do have three bearded dragons, though because of circumstances I have to give one away. I can't really decide which one though, I love them all. :c

However, just a general question, I'd like to hear the opinion of other people who have geckos instead of talking to someone who's just eager to sell them and get rid of them. I have some experience in tending for reptiles, as I have bearded dragons (and have had them for about three years) and I wondered if the care is (somewhat) similar? Bearded dragons eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and are very curious. I'm just really being curious, really. I might think about getting a gecko when I'm older, and I'd like to know what they're like.

Of course, before I get one, I'm also going to get some advice from experts, but I just wanted to have some other opinions as well. ^-^
"We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!"
ImageImageImageImage
<3 Stray Dog is my Loyal Pet and my Scourge Sister <3

Want help but don't want to wait too long for a reply? There's a new Help System just for that! =]

"You're staying alive, staying alive."
Serena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 am

I would say that Leopard geckos are much easier to care for than beardies. ;)
One only requires a 10 gallon tank, and nothing more than a small heating pad, house and a water bowl. (you can still have more, but thats all you need) They cant climb so you dont need a lid. I feed mine about 6-10 mealworms every other day. For the floor all you need is reptile terrarium carpet (its washable, so when you clean, you just rinse it out)
They only use the bathroom in one corner so if you want you can put a towl there to lift it out when it gets messy! They dont smell or anything and are probably one of the easiest reptiles you can get.. ;)
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bearcups » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:40 am

Serena wrote:I currently don't have any geckos, but I think they are quite adorable and I'd love to have a gecko one day. ^-^ I do have three bearded dragons, though because of circumstances I have to give one away. I can't really decide which one though, I love them all. :c

However, just a general question, I'd like to hear the opinion of other people who have geckos instead of talking to someone who's just eager to sell them and get rid of them. I have some experience in tending for reptiles, as I have bearded dragons (and have had them for about three years) and I wondered if the care is (somewhat) similar? Bearded dragons eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and are very curious. I'm just really being curious, really. I might think about getting a gecko when I'm older, and I'd like to know what they're like.

Of course, before I get one, I'm also going to get some advice from experts, but I just wanted to have some other opinions as well. ^-^

All leopard geckos are different. My past girl was quite lazy and could care less about what you were doing, my albino girl was timid and curious and the girl I have now is very inquisitive, loves to explore and is a very happy girl.

Leopard geckos don't eat fruits or vegetables, though their food does. I feed my crickets apples and pears and stuff to gut load them, makes them better for my Leo.
    ┌────────────────────┐
    you took me into your arms
    you taught me to smile, be brave
    you were my teacher, my lover, my life
    but one day, you shot me down
    and i never got back up

└───────────────────────────┘
bearcups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 am

Im going to make a leopard gecko plush later today.. Ill post a picture of it when I am done!!! :)
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ash! » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 am

Crum, Dustin is sooooooooooooooo cute. Remember when he started doing the tail thing. I want a leo, but I don't have the money for one.
Ash!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me