Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Marley.&.Me » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:59 pm

pills wrote:looking into investing a little in reelraw. the website says great stuff about it, but it's not exactly cheap so i'm a little hesitant. plus, my dog does have a sensitive stomach, so im not sure how he would react with eating a raw diet.
however, it looks much more convenient than i thought it would be, since all i would have to do is thaw it out and feed it haha.

has anyone tried reelraw? if not, any advice on feeding raw would be great!

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/forums/topic/reel-raw/

there’s not much besides comments to read upon but from what i’ve seen so far, seems like a good company!
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Took Sergio to Justin's agility classes and signed him up.
I mentioned in a previous post how Sergio was a K-9 partner for a few years and I just wanted to see how he did on the course. It's split into first and second half, he completed the entire course in 8 minutes and 13 seconds. That's one of their best ever on the course and Justin's instructor was amazed.
She wanted me to compete with him but with my school schedule and parent's work, it's not possible. I wouldn't anyway, he's not a show dog. He's a big mushy pup who thinks he's a lap dog to anyone who knows him.
Chess's paws are doing really well, I still haven't forgiven her for eating my camera though.
Pip is crazy as ever, she rules the house. The only one she sees as her equal is Justin, They slept together on my bed last night (my gosh, a bitter 34 degrees Fahrenheit last night)
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Man Saturday was a busy day for my potato! First we went hiking with Kota, K and a new person J plus her husky mix Alaska and her chi mix Sugar! There was also some other lady with a husky but it was not well trained and the owner didn’t see the problems, so she ended up leaving when me and K told her to stop her dog from going after the pups so roughly.

I hope J, Alaska and Sugar will be coming out with us in the future!

After that she had her first patio experience! She did really well staying in a sit or down while we ate and talked. Then we went walking through a store where she also did great!

Finally we finished off the day with K and Kota going to a dog friendly festival! I am beyond proud of how well my little 14 week old pup did! She stayed close, was calm and collected, sat nicely when I allowed people to pet her, etc! Basically she was better behaved than 99% of the other dogs there, and at such a young age too! I’m so proud! Got to meet some horses and mini cows which she basically had no interest in lol. Was very polite around them, more focused on me! Finally we watched a sheep herding demo and oh man she was dying to go join in! We talked to the shepherd after, and he does lessons a few hours from us, so we may take them out for a lesson sometime unless we can find closer!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 pm

@.Middy. Awe those photos are so cute <3
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 am

Any tips for biking with a dog? As soon as the snow melts and Blue is completely reliable on a leash I plan to start biking with her so she can run more. Any advice would be great!
vet assistant
bio-med major
pisces sun, aquarius moon, cancer rising
intj-t
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akuma <3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:11 am

Hey :)
Been almost a year since i've talked on chicken smoothie.

recently, i went out with charlotte and i went to petco and then the grocery store. i brought her in the grocery store with me (she's my ESA) and some kid came running up and squished her face and pulled her ears and i didnt know what to do cause i started having an anxiety attack, and of course his mother was about as dense as a doorknob and was like "aaaaa look at the cute puppy!!" while i was visibly uncomfortable. at least charlotte's training had paid off and she turned around and tried to help me calm down. I really don't understand people. she has a "Please don't touch me" leash and 2 badges on her harness that say "I'm working" and "service dog", just so that kind of thing won't happen yet it still happened. i'm so utterly disgusted at how rude some people can be in public.
Image 𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚖𝚊 ~ ♡ Image
she/her - adult -
x | x | x
akuma <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 am

avocadohno wrote:Hey :)

recently, i went out with charlotte and i went to petco and then the grocery store. i brought her in the grocery store with me (she's my ESA) and some kid came running up and squished her face and pulled her ears and i didnt know what to do cause i started having an anxiety attack, and of course his mother was about as dense as a doorknob and was like "aaaaa look at the cute puppy!!" while i was visibly uncomfortable. at least charlotte's training had paid off and she turned around and tried to help me calm down. I really don't understand people. she has a "Please don't touch me" leash and 2 badges on her harness that say "I'm working" and "service dog", just so that kind of thing won't happen yet it still happened. i'm so utterly disgusted at how rude some people can be in public.

ESA do not have public access rights and do not belong in non pet friendly stores.
Having patches on her that say Service Dog when she's an ESA is illegal depending on where you are, not to mention it hurts actual service dog teams to fake your own dog being a SD.
Granted, still doesn't give other people the right to just grab at your dog.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 am

Museatron wrote:
avocadohno wrote:Hey :)

ESA do not have public access rights and do not belong in non pet friendly stores.
Having patches on her that say Service Dog when she's an ESA is illegal depending on where you are, not to mention it hurts actual service dog teams to fake your own dog being a SD.
Granted, still doesn't give other people the right to just grab at your dog.

ESAs only have two "special rights". They are allowed to be in "no pet housing" or housing with breed restrictions and, depending on the circumstances, are allowed to travel with you as long as you have a doctor's note.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 am

Any recommendation on e-collars under $35? I found two that are decent but I would like others' recommendations as well.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 am

I highly suggest not buying a cheap e collar. They are known to give inconsistent corrections. If you are going to use a e collar, do right by the dog and get a nice known brand that e collar users recommend, learn how to train on it right, and how to find your dogs working level.

Mini educators are what several people I know use.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me