Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Obsessed » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:13 am

Girlycard wrote:I have two Rabbits. Arya & Jon and I love them! :D

Oh my goodness, they are so cute. I love my Netherlands to pieces, but I gotta admit, my one true love is my Holland lop, Rune ♥
      rune (scaled image).jpg
      rune (scaled image).jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 93 times

baby boy
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:58 am

I took my rabbits, Echo and Romeo, outside this morning to play (obviously in a safe enclosed space) and they were so cute running around and nibbling on grass. I got some cute shots but idk how to post lol!

Id really like to get another rabbit but the 2 other rabbits that Echo has met besides Romeo, he has fought with.. He isn't neutered yet though so maybe that'd help. He's just a little over a year right now.
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:50 pm

I can't believe I've been on this site so long and never found this page! :lol:
I have a velveteen lop name Bugs 'Moran' Bunny, he legit looks like Bugs Bunny lol gray with a white belly. He just turned 5 last week too. ^_^ He's my favorite baby boy. We also have a lab mix puppy and they are somewhat socialized, Bugs just gets nervous since Jameson is so much bigger than him (which I totally appreciate because this dog bruises me easily lol).

I saw y'all were talking about veges, Bugs' favorite is still regular old letture lol. He will eat anything though as a rule. I don't think there's anything we've put in his bowl he hasn't eventually eaten. Collard greens are one of his other favorites and he likes parsley but I won't feed more than a couple pieces to him in a week because it makes his litter box smell terrible. There's a really good vege list I've used to help me decide what to buy for him, I'll see if I can find it again. I haven't used it in a while since I remember what we usually buy.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:33 am

That's funny that your rabbit likes collard greens !! My rabbit is actually pretty picky and won't even touch collars greens, mustard greens, or strawberries !!
He likes bok choy and other greens . I haven't been able to notice if he favors any greens over others- although his favorite treat is banana ! It's the only thing he eats that'll make his butt twitch while he is eating it lol !
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:53 pm

My rabbit's favorite was kale until I gave them some fresh parsley and kale from my garden that I grew for them... now they don't seem to like the store bought kale anymore. I think I've spoiled them... What happens in the winter?! XD

I've only tried kale, parsley, and green leaf lettuce so far for their salads. Any suggestions for new greens to introduce?
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:53 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:My rabbit's favorite was kale until I gave them some fresh parsley and kale from my garden that I grew for them... now they don't seem to like the store bought kale anymore. I think I've spoiled them... What happens in the winter?! XDI've only tried kale, parsley, and green leaf lettuce so far for their salads. Any suggestions for new greens to introduce?

I do small amounts of herbs and they love it! Mine don't care for dill (and neither do I, so that's awesome), but they love things like fresh mint, fennel, and basil every other day or couple of days in addition to their normal veggies and greens, and best of all for me these are pretty easy to get since I don't have much of a green thumb.
      Dandelion greens are also fantastic, though that's pretty seasonal as well lol. I pick the greens and flowers throughout the season, but some groceries stores sell the greens, so I look for that sometimes in the winter to add variety.
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:My rabbit's favorite was kale until I gave them some fresh parsley and kale from my garden that I grew for them... now they don't seem to like the store bought kale anymore. I think I've spoiled them... What happens in the winter?! XD

I've only tried kale, parsley, and green leaf lettuce so far for their salads. Any suggestions for new greens to introduce?

I found the link I've used: rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

You do have to pay attention to certain types of veges vs others and not feed too much of certain ones, the site explains it all. It's a page on the House Rabbit Society website. ^_^

"Every day" greens we've done have included: Arugula, kale, romaine, dandelion greens, mint, cilantro, bok choy and dill. Bugs isn't huge into most herbs, he'll eat them but if you give him any large leafy green and an herb at the same time he'll eat everything else first lol. Spinach is a minimize the amount vege but Bugs definitely loves it. We'll do carrots and broccoli as treats periodically though a small amount daily is considered okay. The link above has more options for non-leafy veges too we just haven't really tried the others since we don't usually eat the rest ourselves.

We do berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries) as our treats primarily since they are easily freezable and I've found Bugs seems to like them frozen more than fresh :lol:. We've also done dried papaya, apple, and banana. Bugs really likes the Oxbow biscuit treats! They come in a few different varieties we have bell pepper ones right now.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:09 am

^Thank you both so much! I do herbs in their hay as a treat. c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:22 am

Just popping in to say hello! I have a lovely boy named Marshmallow, he's incredibly friendly and outgoing. I've had him for just about a year now, and he was born in late June I believe. He loves his treats and loves to binky and zoom around me whenever I go into his room c: He's a good boy.

Here's a slightly terrible quality photo of him ^^

Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm