Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby oddball1234 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:33 am

need some help. What type of brush do I need for Killian to brush him? couldn't really get a direct answer from google...

╔═════════════════════════╗

“All I can see is my life
flashing before my eyes.
But that’s okay: I always skip
the boring bits.”

╚═════════════════════════╝

oddball1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Merry Christmas to all!!! :D It's been a treat to see everyone posting Christmas photos of their dogs.

We've had a nice Christmas today. Chloe let me snuggle her in my arms this morning which was the best Christmas present ever. I hated to get out of bed, lol. Chloe made out like a bandit come present time. She got a bolster that goes on the couch, two collars, some paw butter, a keychain for her baby bag, four things of treats, two chewies, two coats, a tag that says "Yep, I ate Santa's cookies", a pair of pajamas that say "Santa's Little Yelper" , a new puzzle toy and a toy dog that sings and dances. She wasn't impressed with the toy dog, but I thought it was adorable, it wiggles it's butt just like she does! :) I also made a donation in her honor of a puzzle toy to Best Friends.

The thing she liked best is the bully balloon she got. She likes it plain but in the future if I got more it had a hole I could've stuffed something in it, which is an added bonus. She was a good sport about playing dress up but after awhile she'd had enough of Christmas, took her chewy and went back to my room to relax. It was surprising as she doesn't like to be away from me. I think all the excitement wore her out. It was a fun day though, I love seeing her root through her stocking looking for her chewies and treats.

Here's Chloe pictures with Santa from this year...
ImageDSC_0291.chloe_3 by Gumireland, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0290.chloe_2 by Gumireland, on Flickr

What did everyone else's dog get/like for Christmas?
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Wow, Chloe sure got a lot for Christmas aha! My dogs got a bag of gluten and egg-free treats to share. They loved them!
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm

^Mary got three chew toys and a new collar xD It took her ages to get to playing, too, but we had woken her up so..
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:25 am

oddball1234 wrote:need some help. What type of brush do I need for Killian to brush him? couldn't really get a direct answer from google...

i would look into good terrier or poodle brush, good slicker brush, 2good steel comb

but dont just brush once over...
you first need to use the steel comb (carefully with all brushes and combs, try them first on your arm or head, so you knw how they work and can hurt when pushing to much...^^), then a hard slicker brush, a normal bristle brush (mabe boar or mix) and to finish it of use a slicker brush with long or even short pin to fluff up the fur :D
and when you want to make it easy to groom you can use silky coating spray for terrier

found this today while looking for new brush, dont know this brush, but it could work with a small dog
(Eco Friendly Bamboo Best Slicker Brush Professional Deshedding Grooming Tool For Long and Short Hair Pets Dogs and Cats by AtEase Accents
Chris Christensen Oval Pin Brush, 27mm
Mars Professional Advanced Maxipin Dog Brush, Solid Wood Handle and Stainless Steel Pins - amzon)

but you can also find some nice brushes and other things in a good groomer shop or Terrier groomer shop, we got most of our in such shop

the bether would be whe you look for a good groomer for Terrier or poodle or such, they can Show and teach you how to groom his fur, how to wash him and with what shampoo and conditioner.

ot sure if this did help, when questions ,just ask^^

Is he a trimm dog or cut ?

@
what our dogs got for christmas

a new toy, some treats, something to chew, a self made dog coat...who i think looks really nice and i even think she likes it...atleast she did look happy with it on:D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:07 am

^ Aw, do you have a picture of her in it?
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:25 am

does anyone have second-hand or first-hand experience with the raw dog food poppy's picnic? it has 5 stars on all the sites ive been on. my dog's become incredibly fussy and quickly dislikes all of her food (nutriment, nature's instinct and more) except junk (royal canin, pedigree). a few have noted their fussy dogs have taken to it so putting a bit of hope into it, just wondered if anyone on here has heard about it it.
leg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:19 am

Took my lamp to the vet for her post-op checkup. It was insanely busy, so I had her sit on my lap and eventually took her to wait outside. We were there for an hour just for a guy to tell us "yep, looks good", lol. He said the cone can come off in 3 days.

Had a bunch of people say "aww, she just wants to be friendly". No, she's not growling out of friendliness, she's growling because your dog is running all over the place and she hates dogs. This is why I have to muzzle her. I have such a hatred for retractable leashes. She was laying under my chair, but dogs kept trying to get to her so on the lap she went. Also had someone try to tell me she's a "rednose" like it's a breed lol.
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:27 am

Merry Christmas from this dork! She’s getting a bit spoiled, just waiting for everything to arrive. I got her and Chewie a gift basket with toys and a bandana and some treats which they have enjoyed. Kes also got a lotus ball which she’s excited for!

Then sometime this week ‘my’ gift from my friend will arrive. Kes is getting a new prong collar, and some rabbit treats. Then her and Chew will share two stuffless toys!

Kes will also probably be getting a fancy collar, because she’s spoiled. Thinking a nice white and purple biothane martingale to match her leash.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:30 pm

@maninkari - Glad your lamp is doing better ;)

@.Middy. - Kes looks adorable.
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me