Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Flossie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 am

^^ good grief, the size of the last two heads, that is horrible. poor squished faces.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 am

Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cardboardteeth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 am

I've only posted here a couple times but I wanted to ask, would you say a 5 year old dog is a dog who should have very worn down teeth? my dog Rebel is a purebred australian cattle dog who we got when he was 1, with a rotten tooth [that was later removed, don't worry!!]. A couple weeks ago he and my other dog, Tommy [who is just over a year old], got into a fight and Rebel was clinging onto his leg very hard and I expected at least a tiny bleeding cut, but there was nothing. A week later I gave all the dogs these long, brown .. treat sticky things that my other dogs had no problem finishing. But Rebel took around 15 minutes to finish his. It got me thinking about how he wasn't that old, what was up with those teeth? They are all worn down and I'm actually a little worried. Like I said he's only five years old and that isn't a senior dog.
mokiemeekie is my sister
very very inactive
cardboardteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

I like that Pit Bulls and Am Staff's stayed essentially the same. Well bred dogs look like they come right outta a history book.
ImageImage

Can't say American Bullies are doing too well though. People in the community seem to be embracing exotics, even when they acknowledge its terrible breeding and they dont live very long. Poor pups.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 am

rhil wrote:
I've only posted here a couple times but I wanted to ask, would you say a 5 year old dog is a dog who should have very worn down teeth? my dog Rebel is a purebred australian cattle dog who we got when he was 1, with a rotten tooth [that was later removed, don't worry!!]. A couple weeks ago he and my other dog, Tommy [who is just over a year old], got into a fight and Rebel was clinging onto his leg very hard and I expected at least a tiny bleeding cut, but there was nothing. A week later I gave all the dogs these long, brown .. treat sticky things that my other dogs had no problem finishing. But Rebel took around 15 minutes to finish his. It got me thinking about how he wasn't that old, what was up with those teeth? They are all worn down and I'm actually a little worried. Like I said he's only five years old and that isn't a senior dog.

I wouldn't expect a dog to have worn down teeth at any age unless they're chewing on something very hard very often. When was the last time he was in for a dental? Do you brush? It sounds like you need to get him in asap to the vet or preferably a veternairy dentist.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 pm

#DogStackSaturday

I attempted to stack Kes today. Not totally happy with it, but not horrible considering the fact I don’t know how to stack lol. She had to be a turd and put that back leg back, but oh well. Atleast she doesn’t look as awkward as in her free stack from awhile back. (Her collar made her neck look really awkward in that one lol)
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 pm

i think he likes snow a little too much..
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 pm

.Middy. wrote:[img]h[/img]

#DogStackSaturday

I attempted to stack Kes today. Not totally happy with it, but not horrible considering the fact I don’t know how to stack lol. She had to be a turd and put that back leg back, but oh well. Atleast she doesn’t look as awkward as in her free stack from awhile back. (Her collar made her neck look really awkward in that one lol)

I think it looks good!
-

I did some muzzle training with JJ for the first time in a couple months. Her tolerance went from "this is fine" to mild annoyance, but she did good! I only had her wear it for half our walk since it was bothering her, I'm gonna get back to consistent muzzle training. I slacked off 'cause she's been doing really well listening to me and ignoring other dogs.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Image guess what i may or may not have gotten.
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oddball1234 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Got this of Killian earlier xD he looks so sad
Attachments