The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What kinds of rodents do you own?

Chinchilla/s
5%
Degu/s
2%
Gerbil/s
6%
Guinea Pig/s
16%
Hamster/s
18%
Mouse/mice
8%
Rat/s
20%
None :c
20%
None, but I'm getting some soon!
6%

Total votes : 2028

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Postby Keriae » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 am

Seelie wrote:
Hey! I discovered this thread and actually do need advice asap,,

So this problem had caught my attention since a few weeks back, and I can't really tell what I'm doing wrong here and nor does the internet provide answers to my questions.

So, to start off this is my bab Signe (she has a really thick coat, hence the chubby look), and recently, I discovered that whenever I buy food from the store and place it in a container, in two weeks time the darn thing would be infested with mites! Which is really annoying as I'll need to dump the whole thing away and buy new food which costs nearly $10 per pack.
Is it a problem of high moisture level? Or is it due to temperature? (It's mostly humid out here.) I've read that you could kill all unwanted living insects by putting the food into the freezer but I don't think that that'll be the best way to rid the mites.

Any suggestions on what to do?
(Really sorry if this is not the thread to post this in,,)

The food really shouldn't be doing that! If I were you, I'd be mentioning/reporting it to the company, and until it was sorted I'd switch to another food.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heathersmoo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:53 am

I made a post requesting help choosing between two adorable baby rats to add to my existing mischief of two teenage cuties.

Enjoy the cute pictures in the post and please help me choose:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3756322

Thanks! Who doesn't like looking at baby rat pictures, am I right?
I COLLECT KEYCHAINS! Шлите мне брелки!

heathersmoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OnyxKiaraRose » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:02 am

Sadly you forgot to add rabbits to your list! Here is my complete list of rodents that I currently have right now; 1 bunny, 1 Guinea pig, 2 female rats, 2 male mice, 3 male hamsters and 3 female hamsters of my own and we are looking after my mom's female hamster. I am hoping soon to get some gerbils and I miss having my dwarf hamsters.

I have a mini zoo going on as I have more animals other than the rodents mentioned...lol
Dream pets are Black Advent and the UR's from Dec. 18th
Birthday is January 29th
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pet's name: Onyx Sapphire-Rose
OnyxKiaraRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryukrem » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 am

heathersmoo wrote:I made a post requesting help choosing between two adorable baby rats to add to my existing mischief of two teenage cuties.

Enjoy the cute pictures in the post and please help me choose:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3756322

Thanks! Who doesn't like looking at baby rat pictures, am I right?

TAKE THEM ALLLLLLL

ryukrem - lesbian - taken <3

prefer to roleplay off site. pm me.

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:49 am

OnyxKiaraRose wrote:Sadly you forgot to add rabbits to your list! Here is my complete list of rodents that I currently have right now; 1 bunny, 1 Guinea pig, 2 female rats, 2 male mice, 3 male hamsters and 3 female hamsters of my own and we are looking after my mom's female hamster. I am hoping soon to get some gerbils and I miss having my dwarf hamsters.

I have a mini zoo going on as I have more animals other than the rodents mentioned...lol

Rabbits aren't rodents, that's why they're not on the list c: they're lagomorphs!
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 am

Guys! The time has finally come! I brought home my very own male rats last night! *insert excited noise here* I’ve talked about wanting rats here for a while now and it’s finally come! I have two beige and white hooded fancy rats! And I love them already! Any tips on getting them more used to their new home? Or in other words, making them more comfortable? They are on edge a little. One of them took a treat out of hand today, so that’s a start! Thanks for any tips! <3 also, anyone have any name suggestions? I’ve thought about naming them Casper and Flick! ^-^. I’m waiting to see more of their personalities!

Eevee / Formerly Bleedingjay
looking to complete
my item collection. Any wl
items are greatly appreciated.
currently looking for dreamies:
pps malk dragon, td coontail, ba and bmd
I hoard B&W border collies and Grey Border Collies.
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Found Gordons Sweet spot, Right behind the ears and you must push his fur forward. He loves it!
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby September Rain » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:11 am

Hey all! This is my first time posting on this thread c:

So one of my friend's teachers has a lot of pets in her classroom, such as a bunny, two guinea pigs, a hamster, and a rat. She's currently taking care of the rat for her friend, who's in the process of moving. The only problem is that the rat seems to be kept in inadequate conditions. For example, it is kept alone, in a small cage with uncovered wire levels, and fed a bad brand of food. It also has very few accessories that will be too small for it once it is an adult (I'm pretty sure she's only a couple months old). I really want to help, but I don't know what to do, as the rat isn't really the teacher's. What should I do?
    If love's elastic, then were
    we born to test its reach?

Is it buried treasure, or
    just a single puzzle piece?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

September Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stag » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 pm

hello! i'm new to this thread and i'd love to post here!

so i have 4 rodents! i raise them all with my best friend!
one hamster, named pepper, shes very sweet! Image
another hamster named eggnog! also a very sweet girl. shes a bit more timid, though! Image
one mouse named cricket! shes very small and loud, she also can jump like a rabbit. Image
another mouse, named beasus! my friend named this one, but shes a real fun mouse. Image
xxxx S T A Gx/ L U X

xxrat and bone lover •ᴗ• he/they, nblw
xxcs rat collection complete 12.26.22 ♡
xxImage Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx

xxx3.9.21 ♡ | pixel | vermin#7777 | ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx
stag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:50 pm

So just over a week ago I finally managed to get some mice. Whilst I initially wanted a male, there weren't any so I took home a trio of girls. They're still very young and very small, far smaller than I was anticipating, so for now they're living in the nursery cage. I don't think the Alaska I have will ever be suitable for them so I'm thinking about making them a nice bin cage in the next month or two instead.

There's Nugget, who appears to be a mismarked banded cream (or gold?), Scallywag who is black with some white spots and a white belly, and Anna who appears to be a chocolate self and is the smallest. Nugget seems to have fur that's slightly longer than the others. No pictures yet as I can't get them to hold still for long, but soon!
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me