Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:14 am

^ Sounds fun! I just made my Netherlands’s dwarf a new cage with Linoleum as the flooring. I had the foam mats but i found that it was hard sweeping and washing them.

Romeo, my lion head, has been shedding really bad for the past week! Anyone else’s bunnies shedding yet? Also, does anyone know of a harness brand for rabbits? I had bought one but because both of my rabbits are dwarf, it’s too big... thanks!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:03 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:^ Sounds fun! I just made my Netherlands’s dwarf a new cage with Linoleum as the flooring. I had the foam mats but i found that it was hard sweeping and washing them.

Romeo, my lion head, has been shedding really bad for the past week! Anyone else’s bunnies shedding yet? Also, does anyone know of a harness brand for rabbits? I had bought one but because both of my rabbits are dwarf, it’s too big... thanks!

Honestly for a harness,, go on Etsy or see if someone will make one for you !
Volkswagen used to have a step in dog harness that fit just fine, but he could escape from if he truly wanted to . I went to my local flea market and someone there made dog harnesses, so she designed and made one that would work for Volkswagen !! All with his specific measurements too . Only cost us about 20$ ! Lost of people on Etsy make them too, so if you don't have anything local ( especially with the virus ) you might be able to find something there !
I use an "H shaped" harness, or I believe that's what it's call . It has an adjustable loop around his neck and belly, along with a strap under him and one that rests on his back .
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:02 am

nervousdog wrote:
Blue_Aussie wrote:^ Sounds fun! I just made my Netherlands’s dwarf a new cage with Linoleum as the flooring. I had the foam mats but i found that it was hard sweeping and washing them.

Honestly for a harness,, go on Etsy or see if someone will make one for you !
Volkswagen used to have a step in dog harness that fit just fine, but he could escape from if he truly wanted to . I went to my local flea market and someone there made dog harnesses, so she designed and made one that would work for Volkswagen !! All with his specific measurements too . Only cost us about 20$ ! Lost of people on Etsy make them too, so if you don't have anything local ( especially with the virus ) you might be able to find something there !
I use an "H shaped" harness, or I believe that's what it's call . It has an adjustable loop around his neck and belly, along with a strap under him and one that rests on his back .

Oh I didn't even think about a custom harness! Thanks c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ancient Frost » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 am

@_breezy_star can you update the rabbits I have? I got rid of Alfredo because she wasn't breeding to a pet home. Her replacement is named Meatball
Ancient Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 am

Ancient Frost wrote:@_breezy_star can you update the rabbits I have? I got rid of Alfredo because she wasn't breeding to a pet home. Her replacement is named Meatball

Meatball, I love it. lol sure :)

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am

(accidentally posted member list here, not sure how. lol)
Last edited by _breezy_star_ on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:49 pm

thanks to all of you who told me about single-mane lionheads honestly I had no
idea that was a thing ahaha!

i'm pretty excited because my family has found a rex mix at a local shelter we will be adopting
once corona is over and the shelter has reopened. not much news besides that/about that because
we can't start the process until the shelter reopens but i am excited nonetheless!

i am hoping i will be able to bond my rabbits so they can live together (the girl we would
be adopting is spayed and my male is neutered) but if not we have a separate housing option but it would
just be great to see them get along and have a friend for my boyyy.

(so if anyone has bonding tips let me know ahahahha)

anyways thats basically it, but yah :)
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ancient Frost » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 am

A couple of months ago my neighbor wanted to breed her doe. I told her she could use my bucks if I got some of the kits. The breeding was a success and yesterday they were old enough to leave their mom so I went over to my neighbor's house to collect the kits(i ended up with all of them because no one else wanted them). The problem was that she free ranges her rabbit. So I spent 2.5 hours in the rain chasing the kits around the yard. But it was worth it because now I have 6 new baby bunnies to the rabbitry.
Ancient Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 am

Aww!!! Congrats!
Blue_Aussie