LOCK

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? Fresh Thread

Postby tanner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 am

all I wear is ariats, mainly because the longest lasting part is the soles, they will last forever, and never wear down or break. I have never worn anything else. the leather is also very good.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 am

I have the Ariat Challenge Field Zip Boot II, and I love them! Just be prepared to spend some time breaking them in - I found that doing stairs (although it was painful at first) helped break 'em in.
I wouldn't use them for yard work, because they are made of delicate leather and you probably don't want to mess them up. I wear rainboots when I work at the barn.
Regular is for a regular sized calf, full is for a larger calf, and narrow is for a slim calf. There are also different heights, tall, normal, and short.
They should be slightly below the knee when they are new, and when they get broken in the leather will drop a little. If you want to break them in quickly, put some boot condition in the inside of the boots and ride in them (but only use BOOT conditioner for delicate leathers, saddle conditioner can be to rough).
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aberdeen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:28 am

Yay, I found a horse riding thread. ^.^

Hello guys, I'm Camisado (you can call me Cami, Cam, or whatever you want to.) I love horses. I've been riding for somthing like seven or eight years now. English for the majority I rode westren for the first year and wasn't a huge fan. I love jumping, lol.

I ride a quarter horse mare named Harmony. She's quite a interesring character so I'm sure you will hear me talking about her alot. Oh and we might be doing some jumper shows this year, maybe just the 2'6 -2'9 class the first time since she hasn't been to a show in along time. But i'm still really exited for that.
aberdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Never & Rush » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:38 am

^^^^ I love quarter horses, what color is Harmony?

Well we finally found someone interested in my mare Daisy. She likes her looks but wants a video of her trail riding. So we are taking her this weekend and trail riding all weekend. Maybe we can get some good video of her being her calm lazy self. XD

@Hanoverian

The paint horse in your signature reminds me of the horse I am going to borrow until we can find me a horse that will suit me and my skills. He is a chestnut overo. Very friendly. We walked right up to him in the pasture and he was welcoming us.

-Never
paying 5 C$ for ANY WL rare or 2 WL EUCs!
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sam sam » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 am

I have ariats! Love 'em to death. I do everything from mucking out stall to riding with ariats. Here is what they look like, of course they are faded, and scratched, and beat up, but they are perfectly fit in. Like Hano said, be ready to break them in, and they well get shorter. Oh you know the little loops that help you pull up the boots? Yeah, a teething puppy got a hold of them at a BFFs house and now it looks pretty brutal, but I think I like them a little better now, haha.
~Doc's Bluestreak

sam sam's updates wrote:~School is eating me alive. Thankfully, I'm passing with As though!

"No matter how bad the lesson was, always thank the horse because he could have killed you, but he chose not to. "

-Unknown
sam sam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tanner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 am

yeah, they are quite stiff new, but which do you like better, your old Justins, or your ariats?
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

Never: That is Uman, the love of my life, the horsey I lease. c: There is another picture of him in my riding profile. <33
He is a nutcase and spooker, but I love him. He really is a sweetheart. I'm the only one at my barn that likes him, though. xD
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sam sam » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 am

My. Ariats.

Have you noticed how my Justins, have started to like "peel" apart? Because they sort of are.
~Doc's Bluestreak

sam sam's updates wrote:~School is eating me alive. Thankfully, I'm passing with As though!

"No matter how bad the lesson was, always thank the horse because he could have killed you, but he chose not to. "

-Unknown
sam sam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aberdeen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 am

Never- She's a dun ^.^

Hano - lol, I'm the only one at my barn that likes Harmony, no one else wants to put up with her attitude. xD
aberdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 am

We are thinking of selling our mare and foal.We took all four of our horses down to board them until we get back.And the man is selling a horse named Demon,he's a barrel horse and trail rides and such.He's about 14.2 and is sorta owned by his daughter,and they have a very special bond,though she moved back with her mom and he is pretty upset with her about different things so he's selling him,and I don't think his daughter knows.Anyway We only have two horses we can ride with a family of four.I ride my neighbor's horse and I love him,but it's not the same when I don't own him.My sister doesn't want to sell the mare and foal but she doesn't have much say in it since she has a horse,it's like she has a horse and doesn't want us to sell the two for me to have my own.Therefore we are thinking of getting Demon.Yeah,if we do sale them it will be upsetting since we watched the birth,and she was born at our house,but it's better for them since they will have a lot of grass.We can't do anything with them so they just sit out there.The mare could/can kill you and it's just a waste of money.What do y'all think?
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me