Dinosaur Enthusiasts - Dinosaur/Jurassic Chat

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dinosaur Enthusiasts - Dinosaur/Jurassic Chat

Postby abandondacc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am

Gamora. wrote:
    librarycat wrote:You might be able to bring back some stuff from the oceans but i doubt it.
      agreed, but even that would be pushing it. i think there is a reason the dinosaurs dont exist with us and it should remain that way, no matter how much i love them and how much i would love to see them. if only herbivors could be brought back, that would be safer, but still they are huge and would be a lot to contain. there wouldnt be really any place for them to survive and prosper.

I agree
FR:ZombieTigerLife doesn’t come with instructions socially awkward Image mess-Christian -crazy animal lover-Libra-Sheep-high anxietyThe dream is to keep surprising yourself, never mind the audience. -Tom HiddlestonBest friend on cs I wont be online very often since im super busy. Rip me I’m on mobile most of the time
abandondacc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 am

This is topic related, but figured it would be an interesting question to bring up.

What do you think about reports of dinosaurs in cryptoozoology, or other supposed still living prehistoric life?
The Mokole-Mbembe which is basically described as resembling a sauropod, to the Kongomato which fits the description of a Pterosaur. Even the Burrunjor in Australia that's reported to resemble a Tyrannosaurus.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandondacc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 am

Cruxich wrote:
This is topic related, but figured it would be an interesting question to bring up.

What do you think about reports of dinosaurs in cryptoozoology, or other supposed still living prehistoric life?
The Mokole-Mbembe which is basically described as resembling a sauropod, to the Kongomato which fits the description of a Pterosaur. Even the Burrunjor in Australia that's reported to resemble a Tyrannosaurus.

I slightly believe that it’s possibly humans have spotted Dinosaurs or dinosaur like creatures. If they end up being real I think it would be cool to at least research them a bit.
FR:ZombieTigerLife doesn’t come with instructions socially awkward Image mess-Christian -crazy animal lover-Libra-Sheep-high anxietyThe dream is to keep surprising yourself, never mind the audience. -Tom HiddlestonBest friend on cs I wont be online very often since im super busy. Rip me I’m on mobile most of the time
abandondacc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby librarycat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:40 am

i doubt that enough of a population would've been able to sustain itself through 65 million years of climate change without us finding it now, or fossils of it. not to mention that whilst they sound like dinosaurs, they only sound like pop culture dinosaurs.

Mokele-mbembe - "lurks in swaps and rivers" "only one tooth but a very long one; some say it is a horn" "footprint has three claws instead of five" - sauropods were not designed for forest life, and certainly not swamps. they cleared out forest to eat the ferns beneath the trees. they would have been too heavy to support themselves in swampland. they most certainly had teeth, small, peg-like teeth, and no horns. most cretaceous sauropods had no toes on their feet.

Kongomato - "devoid of feathers" "teeth in its huge beak" "long and flexible tail" "coloured with yellowish scales" - pterosaurs were toothless, and covered in downy protofeathers. the later ones had short tails, and the early ones had long, inflexible tails.

Burrunjor - surprisingly the most accurate, but that is only because we don't know what type of therapod it is, or what a lot of large therapod skin was like. aslo, there are very few actual descriptions of the Burrunjor so i can't give an accurate reading.
he/him or mew/meow pronouns; autistic
I'm always happy to trade or talk about stuff with people :) I can't read the small text well, so if you PM me, please use normal or larger sizes.
librarycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MozarteanChaos » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 am

librarycat wrote:Kongomato - "devoid of feathers" "teeth in its huge beak" "long and flexible tail" "coloured with yellowish scales" - pterosaurs were toothless, and covered in downy protofeathers. the later ones had short tails, and the early ones had long, inflexible tails.

is it okay if we nitpick slightly? bc some pterosaurs did have teeth (or at least structures that superficially resemble teeth, depending on the group - not all pterosaurs were beaked lads like quetzalcoatlus and pteranodon)
we don't mean to sound rude, though!! it's totally understandable that u mightve forgotten for a sec or something and we don't want you to feel like we're blaming you for that owo; just wanted to make sure the right information is being spread around
MozarteanChaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby librarycat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:21 am

oh yeah that's a good point. nitpicking is absolutely allowed lol, how else would i know if a minor detail was correct? there aren't very many of them, especially in the cretaceous, but they were there. Rare even at that time though, and the other points still stand.
he/him or mew/meow pronouns; autistic
I'm always happy to trade or talk about stuff with people :) I can't read the small text well, so if you PM me, please use normal or larger sizes.
librarycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MozarteanChaos » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:35 am

good to know, haha. thanks for being tolerant about that. and yeah the rest of the points are absolutely valid

edit: why did this just repost??
MozarteanChaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Cruxich wrote:

This post alone got me on an hour long cryptid-wiki rabbit trail lol.
I think the Burrunjor is the most likely to be possible as there is believed to have been a huge quadrapedal lizard alive long enough that native people in Australia told stories of it. Burrunjor hasn't been seen since the 80's or longer so I think theres a possibility something like it was alive, but has died now.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm

ethium wrote:[size=75][center]
why and how did you pick your favorite dinosaur? Is it their supposed appearance? The name?

Like all of them are my fave but I would really like a stegosaurus because I imagine they are like tractor sized versions of cows/horses.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandondacc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:55 am

Not sure if this relates to this topic but

what’s your favorite prehistoric creature that’s not a dinosaur?
abandondacc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me