Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0

Postby scuttlefish » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:47 am

Kinda late haha, but Goldie is pink and Rosie is green. ^^ We used to have another pink one but it passed away sometime back in May. :c

Now I'm stuck with Sparky. She's a bully. The fish I got from the lake also wants the top part of the tank, but pushy little Sparky chases him down to the bottom. At least the neon tetras are nice!

Any thought about Ghost shrimp, people? I'm thinking about getting a pair of ghost shrimp for the tank. Would they git with a few 1-2 inch fish? Thoughts about being eaten / eating others? Thanks in advance!
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am

Username: Perocore
How many fish tanks do you have: 7
Types of fish that you have: Bettas, guppies, fancy goldfish, koi, shrimp, lobster, and mystery snails.
Your fishs' names: I'll just do my personal fish XD
Betta: Axle
Koi: Gabriel, Zuko
Guppies: Da Vinci, Galileo, and Picasso
Lobster: Captain Albert Alexander
Snails: They have a lot of nicknames, but I mostly call them all my squishies.
How long have you had fish: Over 10 years

Axle (old) :: Gabe (very old) :: Al :: Guppies
No Zuko or snail photos, sorry!

To be honest, I don't know much about fish. I love mine dearly, especially my koi boys, though. The only "fish" I really have a knowledge on are bettas and mystery snails.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Kind of like this but a bit bigger. (Picture is not mine, I found it through a google search.)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (474.89 KiB) Viewed 84 times
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets Real life got hectic and I somehow missed the whole month of May on here. Looking for all May pets, will keep WL updated as I go

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koalanews [QUIT] » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 pm

**note: I have no fish currently, but I really want one. I'm just here cause I love fish**
Username: koalanews
How many fish tanks do you have: none actually xD
Types of fish that you have: I had guppies and a plecostomus (which are awesome xD)
Your fishs' names: I don't remember xD
How long have you had fish: I had them for quite a few years

Also if you have pictures of you fish we would love to put a link to them next to your name! If you have a tank with a lot of fish you are welcome to just put a picture of your tank. Please do not post the pictures on the actual forum since they do take up space; just the link will do (one or two small photos is okay) I don't have any right now, I just like fish :lol:
koalanews [QUIT]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deletedaccplsignore » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 pm

koalanews wrote:**note: I have no fish currently, but I really want one. I'm just here cause I love fish**
Types of fish that you have: I had guppies and a plecostomus (which are awesome xD)

Also if you have pictures of you fish we would love to put a link to them next to your name! If you have a tank with a lot of fish you are welcome to just put a picture of your tank. Please do not post the pictures on the actual forum since they do take up space; just the link will do (one or two small photos is okay) I don't have any right now, I just like fish :lol:

Hello ! I'm Hawkfeather22 ! Welcome to Fish Lovers. I recommend getting a 20 gal tank. They aren't to extremely big but aren't to small. You could fit 6 + guppies. (Since guppies usually only get to 2 inches. )
"Undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!"
deletedaccplsignore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruity99 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Aruni4 wrote:
Kinda late haha, but Goldie is pink and Rosie is green. ^^ We used to have another pink one but it passed away sometime back in May. :c

Now I'm stuck with Sparky. She's a bully. The fish I got from the lake also wants the top part of the tank, but pushy little Sparky chases him down to the bottom. At least the neon tetras are nice!

Any thought about Ghost shrimp, people? I'm thinking about getting a pair of ghost shrimp for the tank. Would they git with a few 1-2 inch fish? Thoughts about being eaten / eating others? Thanks in advance!

I had one, less than a week later it disappeared, and I have mostly tetras and mollys
Image__________________________

Hi! I'm Fruity99, my trading is open.
♚ I LOVE Polaroid!♚
If you like rabbits check here!
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4004250
fruity99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:50 pm

heyo! im not really a member here but i have a question if thats okay n w n
Im thinking of getting a Guppy (yes just one cx) and i was wondering, for a single guppy, what size tank do you recommend? thank you 8D
ImageImage
-----------

Hey there, I'm Pi!
Need any help? Send a help ticket!
Pi.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blood Storm » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Pieinator wrote:heyo! im not really a member here but i have a question if thats okay n w n
Im thinking of getting a Guppy (yes just one cx) and i was wondering, for a single guppy, what size tank do you recommend? thank you 8D

a single guppy is not a good idea as they need other of their kind to feel secure.

a 5 gallon can hold three(the minimum for amount for guppies In my opinion) male or female guppies(only have males or females if you don't want babies). a 10 gallon with 5 or six fish would be perfect.

guppies are quite social and need interaction with others of their kind to be healthy. if you only want ONE of a fish like a guppy I recommend a betta. bettas need 5 gallons or so minimum for a tank and do not need to see other fish ever. I hope this help you out some.
BloodStorm
Blood Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:57 pm

alrighty, i'll rethink the decision then^^
thank you so much 8D
ImageImage
-----------

Hey there, I'm Pi!
Need any help? Send a help ticket!
Pi.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koalanews [QUIT] » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Hawkfeather22 wrote:
koalanews wrote:**note: I have no fish currently, but I really want one. I'm just here cause I love fish**

Hello ! I'm Hawkfeather22 ! Welcome to Fish Lovers. I recommend getting a 20 gal tank. They aren't to extremely big but aren't to small. You could fit 6 + guppies. (Since guppies usually only get to 2 inches. )

Thanks! I really want to get fish again :lol: I had a betta too but I was really bad at taking care of it and it got sick and died :(
koalanews [QUIT]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me