The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby Puddles. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

XD Like he literally went up on his platform, and jumped into the bowl to fall asleep. 0-o If he shared the cage with MeltingSnow I would think it's because he's trying to guard the food, but he doesn't.......
ImageImage
Puddles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Methalis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Okay... that is a little odd... XD
I’m pretty much inactive these days.
Methalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:18 am

c: woop new cage came. Dash is a very scaredy pig and just sits in his house most of the time.
Jack is very interested in it though.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puddles. » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:12 pm

stargazerkitsune wrote:Okay... that is a little odd... XD

=P My guinea pigs are oddballs. I started communicating with Fiona. She started doing soft squeaks and I answered. XD

Fiona's belly is HUGE and HARD. :shock: I am expecting baby piggies soon.
ImageImage
Puddles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Methalis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:25 pm

You will have to give us pictures of the babies ^,^
I’m pretty much inactive these days.
Methalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puddles. » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:50 pm

XD Yup, of course! I will probably keep a female, but the other babies must go. 3= Oh well. At three weeks they will go to my males, their mentors. >=D They're gonna be so cute! *Freaks out.*
ImageImage
Puddles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkJayfeather » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:11 am

I own two boars about the same age, they are 2 years old , but they will be 3 in August. They come into my house in winter and when it warms up they will be going outside in their hutch. At the moment its still a bit frosty in the morning, so maybe next weekend I will let them outside. I don`t leave them outside all year round because its not good for them, they can`t go on the grass because it may have snow on and it wont be warm, so whats the point in putting them outside. Also apparently guinea pigs/rabbits that live outside perminately wont live as long. And I want my piggies to have a long and happy life. :D

This is Geddy, he is my Coronet. We bought him from a hobbie breeder, who shows cavies. I do have to bath him and attempt to brush his hair, but he dosn`t like that, so I just cut the knots out.
Last autum both of my pigs seemed to be eating fallen leaves off the floor. I don`t need a leaf blower or anything, just put a bunch of cavies on the lawn. lol. Obviously I stop them from eating loads. ;)
This is Geddy in his cavy cuddle cup, the first year we got him.

This is Harris, he is a ginger/red shorthair dark-eyed self. He came from a cavy rescue he gets along with Geddy like they were litter mates. Though Harris does tend to hog the food bowl. His coat is lovely and shiney and I think if I did take him to any shows, he might do well. :)

If you have any questions or comments, please do say. ;)
PinkJayfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Serenade~ » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:55 am

I highly recommend not showing. It's extremely stressful for the pig (So much noise, people, animals, ect.) Not to mention that it's a breeding ground for disease, tons of pigs equals the high chance of some of them being sick and passing it on, stressful environment equals lower immune system and a huge chance of catching anything.
~Serenade~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkJayfeather » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 am

I understand and I was just inquiring about it. My mum is alergic to their hair, so she would not be able to take me anyway. And now you have said that, I totally agree with you, I hadn`t thought about that before. ;)

Thanks for commenting. :)
PinkJayfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yukiine » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:01 am

I honestly have a huge love for guinea pigs; such adorable little creatures. ouo
Back around when I was around; maybe a baby(hehe, that rhymes X3) I got my first guinea pig at a meijers(which no longer sells guinea pigs nowadays) and he was really cheery; that's for sure! ^u^
It's been 1 year sense my baby boy died from old age; he was a really healthy guinea pig too.
I've heard that a guinea pigs lifespan lasts from 4-8 years but my boy was about 12 years old when he died.
I still miss him dearly; may his memories last forever in my heart. :'D
Yukiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me