Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby maninkari » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:35 pm

You can't deny that Kes is rocking the corn. She has the country girl look down.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:26 pm

The shelter is trying to foster Charlie but the manager gets an offer and the people come to take him home and always say something like "Oh, we've never had a dog like him before..he might be a little too much for us." Then she talks them back into it but they leave saying they'll keep in touch and they never do. She wants to foster him herself but isn't sure how he'd do with her Pyrenees. She has an older guy coming tomorrow to look at him and she seems really positive he'll do it.

The second time Justin got out of the house today but it was my little brother's fault and sorta mine. He went outside to get the mail and opened the front gate. I had been playing with Justin and one of his toys, he was super excited and really hyper when he saw the front door was open. He raced outside and my brother said the neighbors cat was patrolling the sidewalk in front of their house. Justin and this cat are rivals, they've hated each other ever since we brought Justin home. He chased the cat up the street and that's the last time we saw him.
This happened at around 4:32 PM, nobody in the neighborhood has seen Justin but the cat came back a few hours ago. Almost everyone around here knows Justin, or at least their kids do. My brother (who just turned 6) has made posters with a few other kids and hung them up on our street.
The last time he got out, he came back pretty quickly but this is longer.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowwrowell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:01 pm

LizzytheWolf wrote:The shelter is trying to foster Charlie but the manager gets an offer and the people come to take him home and always say something like "Oh, we've never had a dog like him before..he might be a little too much for us." Then she talks them back into it but they leave saying they'll keep in touch and they never do. She wants to foster him herself but isn't sure how he'd do with her Pyrenees. She has an older guy coming tomorrow to look at him and she seems really positive he'll do it.

The second time Justin got out of the house today but it was my little brother's fault and sorta mine. He went outside to get the mail and opened the front gate. I had been playing with Justin and one of his toys, he was super excited and really hyper when he saw the front door was open. He raced outside and my brother said the neighbors cat was patrolling the sidewalk in front of their house. Justin and this cat are rivals, they've hated each other ever since we brought Justin home. He chased the cat up the street and that's the last time we saw him.
This happened at around 4:32 PM, nobody in the neighborhood has seen Justin but the cat came back a few hours ago. Almost everyone around here knows Justin, or at least their kids do. My brother (who just turned 6) has made posters with a few other kids and hung them up on our street.
The last time he got out, he came back pretty quickly but this is longer.

Good luck on finding him!!
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:47 am

sorry I've been neglecting the thread cx

- I'm working on Logan's instagram account.

I am starting to teach him how to skateboard cx - I'll try get a photo or two up but our main achievement for this week is the fact that Logan is now learning colours [well however a dog sees colours] he can identify red, green and blue [lord knows what colours he actually sees them as] from eachother on a verbal command - I think I'm going to start a YouTube channel for dog tutorials so if I post it on there I'll send the link to you guys <3
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roman'sGirl75 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:32 am

I came to the conclusion yesterday that people are not used to seeing fit GSDs. I took Cash and Rose to the park yesterday afternoon to walk and and to get some energy burned off. I put Cash on a long leash and had dropped the leash just letting him run kind of off leash but I had peace of mind that I could reach down and grab his leash if needed. People were driving buy and would slow down and look like we were starving the dogs. Cash is a little slimmer than Rose but still looks tons better than he did in July. Then we had a lady tell us that we should give the dogs over to her because we obviously aren't feeding them enough. I told the lady that they are free fed in two big auto feeders, then told her that point one they are young 9 and 10 1/2 months old respectively and point two they are very active YOUNG dogs.
Roman'sGirl75

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 am

JJ's in heat and I have a bad case of the flu, so this week isn't going very smoothly. I took her on a short hike yesterday and felt like I was dying by the end of it. The fact that she's extra alert and spastic because of her heat does not help at all, she has to randomly stop and wander off because she smells things, and barks at everything.
At least this heat is waaay cleaner than her first one. I thought her next heat would be as bad as her first one, thank heck it's not.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:22 am

Lacey is a little model, haha.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:49 am

Roman'sGirl75 wrote:I came to the conclusion yesterday that people are not used to seeing fit GSDs. I took Cash and Rose to the park yesterday afternoon to walk and and to get some energy burned off. I put Cash on a long leash and had dropped the leash just letting him run kind of off leash but I had peace of mind that I could reach down and grab his leash if needed. People were driving buy and would slow down and look like we were starving the dogs. Cash is a little slimmer than Rose but still looks tons better than he did in July. Then we had a lady tell us that we should give the dogs over to her because we obviously aren't feeding them enough. I told the lady that they are free fed in two big auto feeders, then told her that point one they are young 9 and 10 1/2 months old respectively and point two they are very active YOUNG dogs.

ah, i'm sorry to hear that people are being so rude.

i don't think two fit dogs/skinnier than what most people see would cause drivers to slow down and stare at your dogs, though, so i'm not really sure why that happened.

and for a lady to walk up to you like that and say such awful things is beyond absurd.
      are their ribs perhaps showing? i'm not asking you to then shame you and tell you that you're starving them. just because you can see a dog's ribs, does not mean they are being deprived of nutrition. there are plenty of humans like that. it just means they're leaning on the skinny side, nothing bad.

but that's the only way i can see people stopping to glare at you and your dogs and demand you surrender them.
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:55 am

Flossie wrote:Lacey is a little model, haha.

Aww! What a pretty girl 💕

- - - - -
Still no sign of Justin. My mom posted on FB with a pic and our number, mentioning he's very friendly. Lots of false alarms...I'm getting anxious because we live on the outskirts of town, lots of mountains and wilderness a bike ride away.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 am

@Lizzy

Thank you! And I hope you find him soon. Have you tried calling the local shelters?
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me