Underrated Animals

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Underrated Animals

Postby eff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:07 am

Jagthund wrote:I find Pangolins very underrated
    I rarely see anyone talk abt them, but I love them sm and they're so adorable

My moms favourite animal is a Pangolin! She was really upset when she found out they were critically endangered (or at least 2 types). Regardless, it's a shame that they have early deaths in captivity so we wouldn't be able to keep endangered breeding pairs anyway.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goner » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:09 am

Kiwi birds.
goner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a very sleepy person » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:11 am

atty wrote:
    Jagthund wrote:I find Pangolins very underrated
    I rarely see anyone talk abt them, but I love them sm and they're so adorable

My moms favourite animal is a Pangolin! She was really upset when she found out they were critically endangered (or at least 2 types). Regardless, it's a shame that they have early deaths in captivity so we wouldn't be able to keep endangered breeding pairs anyway.

god pangolins are the cutest
thats so sad tho ;-; we must save the pangolins!!

spacecakecat wrote:Kiwi birds.

kiwi birds are also freakin adorable, how can someone not love them
im quitting cs and giving away everything.
send over a trade. c:
a very sleepy person

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honua » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:13 am

Caracals I feel are underrated.
honua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sorroh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:13 am

Okapis! You see them in basically any animal rescue, and I don't go to zoos but I'm sure they're there, too. Every time I say they're my favorite animal, I have to say something like "The horse looking thing with the zebra legs." Definitely deserve more attention!
π•·π–Žπ–‘π–Žπ–™π– | π•Ύπ–π–Š/π•³π–Šπ–— | π•¬π––π–šπ–†π–—π–Žπ–šπ–˜
sorroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honua » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 am

Marner wrote:Okapis! You see them in basically any animal rescue, and I don't go to zoos but I'm sure they're there, too. Every time I say they're my favorite animal, I have to say something like "The horse looking thing with the zebra legs." Definitely deserve more attention!

I totally agree! I love Okapis so much!
honua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Komasan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:27 pm

I would die for skunks!!!! They are like little cat ferret dogs??? Please watch videos on them here is a picture of a very very good western spotted skunk <3

Komasan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tjebb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Komasan wrote:I would die for skunks!!!! They are like little cat ferret dogs??? Please watch videos on them here is a picture of a very very good western spotted skunk <3

*dies

IT'S SO CUTE!!!! AH
Rats are also underrated animals. They are so cute!

My Kalons
I no longer actively draw using Oekaki, but I'll try my best to use the forums and talk via dms and such!
Looking for art!

Image Image Image
Tjebb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Geralt&Ciri<3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:57 am

[url]y[/url]always looking for trades

I really hope there is a bigger ratio of chickens over rabbits for this Easter!

[/b]Autistic,mad imagination, writer, Pro πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ+ Pro animal welfare, con animal rights. ban balloons/sky-lanterns ( https://balloonsblow.org/) [color=#0040FF]litter discussionπŸ’™ LOTR: Aragorn, Faramir, Eomer, Gandalf, Hobbit: Thorin Kili Bard and Beorn, Sherlock Holmes : (Robert Downy J.R.) Avatar: Jake, Tsu’tey, neytiri. Langdon(Dan Brown) most animals especially all birds, aquatic animals, cats & canines. Bones: Arastoo & Hodgins. Geralt. Ciri is fantastic! His Dark Matirials Lee, John, Will and Asriel Lyra is amazing, and daemons my newest real lifehero Zelensky<3
[b]Currently looking for pride month pets and items; pets for items.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2892043]Image Image Image Image Image Image

Credit:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2892043
Geralt&Ciri<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samtipsjack » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:48 pm

PepsiDragon wrote:
Juiceboxed wrote:Animals aren't overrated, they are just loved. We don't give other animals enough attention. A lot of people think that felines and canines are boss and the other animals are trash/disliked

Thanks Overrated Animals thread for the idea β€’^β€’
I personally think that cats are super underrated, they just bask in the shadows of doggos and they really deserve more love than they get.
Yes, i am a cat person. ;-;
And echidnas, they're the cutest thing ohmygosh, i only learnt about them from Sonic but they're legit my favorite animal and i flippin' love them-

I actually agree with you. From working at a cat shelter for 9 years, cats are very underrated for a lot of people.

Yes, there are lots more cats in pet homes- but a lot of that is because cat people don't just have one cat. They have several. A lot of people who have dogs, just have 1-2.

A lot of times, because people don't spay/neuter, there are so many cats out there that need homes that they are viewed of as a "dime a dozen" thing. You take rescues for instance- most people won't bat an eye spending $200-300 to adopt a dog/puppy, (heck the one rescue we were looking at was $350 for a NON FIXED puppy...) but when we put cats up for adoption at $100, people would scoff because "I can get a free kitten anywhere." not realizing, or not caring, that ours were already fixed, tested for Feluke/FIV, given flea prevention/treatment, given all their shots, including rabies if they were old enough, as well as taking care of any other diseases/infections that might have arisen.

Years ago we did a "home for the holidays" event, where we (the cat side) rented a building, cleaned it out, did some window painting on the window, set up all the crates/cages, brought the supplies and the cats and set it up. Took us days. The dog side came 10 minutes before we opened to the public for Christmas, put up a sign with their dogs up for adoption. A vast majority of people who came in either said "Where are your dogs?", "What you just have cats here?", "Oh.. cats.. do you have any dogs?" etc. A few people came in just to PET the cats. We were there for 3 days. .No adoptions. Came back with two EXTRA cats, 6 months old, one male, one female.. who was already pregnant.

So I definitely agree with your statement. They may not be as underrated as other animals, but for being such a hugely populated animal, they are extremely underrated and viewed of as cheap.

I am by far a cat person, though I am planning on getting a puppy in a few months. (We already have 4 cats). In the past we have had pet mice, hamster, guinea pig, ducks, chickens, rabbit, fish, frogs, horses and temporarily we took care of a wild baby skunk. We have no immediate plans for getting any other type of animal, especially since we have a 1 1/2 year old daughter and want to have more kids, and small kids aren't the best for a lot of the other underrated animals. I love all animals though!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
samtipsjack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me