Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:06 pm

_breezy_star_ wrote:Picked her up tonight. :D Very scared of her new home so far. lol Poor thing. First day away from her 4 sisters.
I decided to name her Dandelion. I honestly can't wait until she reaches the 10+ pounds.... I love big bunnies.

Awwww! She's adorable! She reminds me of the bunny I was planning to get (a white/black butterfly pattern - mini lop x rex)
I didn't get that bunny because I was aiming for a smaller breed bunny, like a netherland dwarf or mini lop. I also wanted one that could live a long time.

I love big bunnies, but I've never had any experience with them, and tbh I don't think I'll actually be getting one any time soon.. They seem quite hard to look after xD
maybe when i get my own house I can breed ND's lol and keep some as pets <3 I'm really nervous about next month (or early June..?).
Aurora is getting spayed, and OH THE PRESSURE......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Johto » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:12 am

I have two rabbits, a buck named Honey and a doe named Vienna. Honey had a brother named Sprinkles but he passed away in October last year because of GI stasis Honey is a calico (his spots are very pale though) Holland lop, Vienna is a black and white French lop, and Sprinkles was a charlie Holland lop (he looked somewhat like the brown white and black rabbit stamp I have on my stamp collection)
Anna | She/her | Nonbinary
Fictional middle aged
man Enthusiast | I love
Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic,
FFXIV, No More Heroes,
MGR, Okami and Devil May Cry

I love animals in general, I
think marine life is really cool

Fandoms on my Carrd
Carrd | Toyhouse | Click if you dare
Funny video that I change sometimes

(I go by TwilightBard on most platforms)
Johto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:47 am

I forgot to mention that I put another rabbit on hold when I picked up Dandelion last night. :lol: It was an adorable little harlequin holland lop. lol If all goes well, I should be able to pick it up in a couple weeks! Then this morning my friend asked me to take one of her rabbits because he hasn't been getting any attention. I guess her poor cat is going into kidney failure and also something was up with her daughter's pony. She said she was losing her mind and if I could take the bunny, it would be one less thing to worry about...... looks like my numbers are climbing. xD As far as I know, the rabbit is a red mini rex named Ruby. lol

LeiaWolfe wrote:Awwww! She's adorable! She reminds me of the bunny I was planning to get (a white/black butterfly pattern - mini lop x rex)
I didn't get that bunny because I was aiming for a smaller breed bunny, like a netherland dwarf or mini lop. I also wanted one that could live a long time.

I love big bunnies, but I've never had any experience with them, and tbh I don't think I'll actually be getting one any time soon.. They seem quite hard to look after xD
maybe when i get my own house I can breed ND's lol and keep some as pets <3 I'm really nervous about next month (or early June..?).
Aurora is getting spayed, and OH THE PRESSURE......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

They can be a little extra work. lol I've had rabbits of all sizes in my 12 years of rabbit ownership. So it's nothing I'm not used to. Her parents look the same size as Gyda, so I should be able to handle her quite easily in the future. Thankfully Dandelions parents are on the smaller Flemish side.... I had a Flemish doe that was 20 pounds. :lol: She was very calm, thankfully. It was quite a bit of work just to pick her up! Never quite fit in my arms. hahaha

Good luck with the spay! I've never had to go through that before, so I am not sure what it all entails for her. <3

friendlily wrote:I have two rabbits, a buck named Honey and a doe named Vienna. Honey had a brother named Sprinkles but he passed away in October last year because of GI stasis Honey is a calico (his spots are very pale though) Holland lop, Vienna is a black and white French lop, and Sprinkles was a charlie Holland lop (he looked somewhat like the brown white and black rabbit stamp I have on my stamp collection)

They sound lovely. <3 Welcome to the chat!
Sorry to hear about poor Sprinkles.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:07 am

Both of my buns are average/smaller than average sized and I haven't had anything bigger than them xDD A rabbit club I go to though has this enormous rabbit, I'd guess a flemish giant. Those chins though xDD
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwalker123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:10 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:
I forgot to mention that I put another rabbit on hold when I picked up Dandelion last night. :lol: It was an adorable little harlequin holland lop. lol If all goes well, I should be able to pick it up in a couple weeks! Then this morning my friend asked me to take one of her rabbits because he hasn't been getting any attention. I guess her poor cat is going into kidney failure and also something was up with her daughter's pony. She said she was losing her mind and if I could take the bunny, it would be one less thing to worry about...... looks like my numbers are climbing. xD As far as I know, the rabbit is a red mini rex named Ruby. lol

es.

Rabbits are kind of that way.. Holland's are my favorite thing
Starwalker123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 am

Starwalker123 wrote:
_breezy_star_ wrote:

es.

Rabbits are kind of that way.. Holland's are my favorite thing

Now that I don't show rabbits anymore.... it's nice to just be able to take home the ones I think are cute and friendly and not have to worry about a winning body type and paying $100 for them. Ahhhh yesssss... <3

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwalker123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

I have really nice fancy granded Holland's I got given.The buck is anyway.The only fancy rabbit I paid for was my Polish buck. I was at a dog event and there was a rabbit show going on. Best money I've spent in ever.

Today's best buddy goes Nina,who's real name I can't remember right now..My grumpy but loveable heart Rabbit. She is a brat and she hates me Normally today through she wants me to love her. After just over a year of being my room Rabbit we have gotten the routine down.she likes floor time.. he has had one litter for me that truning out pretty nice. Her and her babies names are Ed Sheeran songs
Starwalker123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
_breezy_star_ wrote:Picked her up tonight. :D Very scared of her new home so far. lol Poor thing. First day away from her 4 sisters.
I decided to name her Dandelion. I honestly can't wait until she reaches the 10+ pounds.... I love big bunnies.

Awwww! She's adorable! She reminds me of the bunny I was planning to get (a white/black butterfly pattern - mini lop x rex)

Ah, 4 sisters? I forgot to mention. My 'gal was the only one out of 4 or 5 of them ;)
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:42 pm

@breezy

How long have you had each if your bunnies? (Gyda, Beau & Nori)? :3
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 am

@leia
All my elder buns have passed now, so these last few are pretty young. Lol Gyda is 2 years old, Nori is 5 years old, and Beau is from one of my last litters, so he is coming up on 1.5 years now. :)

Nori and Beau, I have had since birth. Nori was 3rd generation out of my rabbitry lines. :) I bought Gyda at thr feed store when she was about 8 weeks old.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes