The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby Missy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:39 pm

I have my ferrets on a holistic diet because we don't really have marketed ferret foods here, and I've never in my life seen ferrets until I started working at a shelter (abandoned) so people who own ferrets usually get them from a breeder and feed raw balanced, or they have them for hunting purposes and most likely feed cat food...

My girl is called Gracie - she loves her raw and I'm thinking of going whole prey soon :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm

I absolutely love ferrets! Sadly I don't have one. I got a dog for my 7th birthday, fish for the 9th, but no more pets for a long time. And I also calculated I can take care of a mouse for it's whole life in two years! A ferret... how much do they cost a year?
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Found this, I thought it should keep going.
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 am

Username;;
Nok McCunning

Own a ferret?;;
Yes

Your ferret photo;;
1 2 3

I know this thread isn't very active, but I'd love to chat with others about ferrets :) I haven't had Reginald, my silver panda gib, very long, but I love him to pieces! He's great, so playful and sweet natured. We're working on introducing him to my puppy, and it's going pretty well. He loves chasing our cats and our feet XD
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Username;;
Transkitty

Own a ferret?;;
I do! I am the proud owner of a little dook named Echo!

Your ferret photo;;
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Transkitty is more roommate and I went with her to get Echo. He is insanely cute! Very curious, active and playful!
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Unfortunately, we had to put Echo down today. After he's brief surge of energy when we first got him, he became very lethargic, was not eating or pooping and all signs just generally pointed to a blockage. The vet Transkitty consulted with thought it was a blockage as well. Due to Echo's age (at LEAST 4 years which is old for a ferret), the vet thought an exam would be too stressful on him and he wasn't a good candidate for surgery.

Even though we only had him for a week, this was still hard on us. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them towards me (messaging me would be best due to my no longer being very active in the forums) so Transkitty can have the time to grieve and recover.
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 am

Sable Ferret.
Genesis
Not his best side
Chaos
after having his nails trimmed

The two rescue babie's who we have had about a week know they were worm riddled and small for there size.
Hinako
Not the best pic but you cant keep a squirmy kit still the pot belly is know gone after being wormed and getting good food. Need to get a better pic as he color is far lighter than that.

Sugetsu
Again not the best pic the little monster nipped me a few a minutes after that ( such and effort at savagery I had far worce ) A very dark sable he looks nearly black apart from the under coat.

Sadly my Jill ether aborted the litter or it was a phantom but im not to bothered as its far less stress for her as it would have been her first litter.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Guess I should introduce my ferrets here, on the thread that's actually here for us to talk about them!
The first one is Sega. He's very sweet and loves to give kisses. He loves to sleep in a large hammock, and his favorite toys are the ones that make crackling or crinkling noises.

And then his brother, Sony. Sony is also sweet, but he doesn't like to give kisses. He also doesn't like to be held still and he prefers toys that jingle or squeak.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tipsy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:39 am

Does anyone know how to feed a ferret raw? I don't own a ferret but one day I would like to, and I would only like to feed it raw. I checked out website but they're not really clear on everything...
Wub.

Tipsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me