Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Albino_ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:05 am

well, i took on a rescue horse, a 2 and a half year old standardbred cross who's a 2 and a half year old filly, she came from a kill pen in NJ, she is sickle hocked and will be my liberty horse and if i do ride her when she's older, she will be getting muscle on her,
and i will ride her english. She is in QT right now in Maryland and she was rescued February 20th from the kill pen, her strangles abscess is still draining, and she is 10 hours from me, so come spring break i will be going down to Maryland to see her! i will post pics from when she first arrived to QT to recent ones, i have a poem i made for her

They helped their mare birth you
They saw all your firsts
They watched you grow up
When you got older, they didn't feed you
Time went by
You got sold to the auction
You went through a couple auctions
Ended up in the kill pen
It was hell for you
You had strangles
You were bailed by an angel
You went into QT with another angel
But thanks to your old owners
I get to see all your other firsts
And your lasts
You will never end back up in an auction
Never again will you set foot in a kill pen
You will always be loved
Always be fed
You are an angel Belle
And we are so excited to have you
We love you Belle
Forever and always
Your my angel

Image - when she first got into QT

Image - a month after she got into QT

Image - taken about 4 days ago,
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lettuce. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:01 am

awe poor baby I would cryyy ^

But yes I do ride horses! I am an American saddlebred rider and am currently in suit at a 17 and younger division for equitation! I own a horse named Bravo who is a show horse and he is 9 years old. He is a bay and I ride in the double bridle and have lessons 1-3 times a week usually. I just got out of academy a year ago and love to ride! <3
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。
★♡Image♡★ 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
─▄█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄─▄█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄
▐█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▌
█▓▓▒▒░╔╗╔═╦═╦═╦═╗░▒▒▓▓█
█▓▓▒▒░║╠╣╬╠╗║╔╣╩╣░▒▒▓▓█
▐█▓▓▒▒╚═╩═╝╚═╝╚═╝▒▒▓▓█▌
─▀█▓▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓█▀
───▀█▓▓▒▒░░░░░▒▒▓▓█▀
─────▀█▓▓▒▒░▒▒▓▓█▀
──────▀█▓▓▒▓▓█▀
────────▀█▓█▀
──────────▀
lettuce.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 am

Howdy, everyone, I have decided to continue riding. My friend called me about a 9-year-old Arabian on craigslist for $800 he is technically broke but the owner says he is difficult and isn't the "best looking" Arabian some people have come to look at the handsome boy but turn back only because he's doesn't look like a top of the bloodline Arabian (I called her). The photo is him and this is also what the owner says in the ad.

"The Arabian is back up for sale. He is broke but most definitely a project horse and not for beginners. He is totally sound, a pretty small guy at 14 hands. In the pen with a person on the ground, he is kind of a kitty cat. He wants to be pet and loved on and in your pocket. However, while saddling, mounting, and at the beginning of the ride, he is a total jerk. All of that stops as soon as he understands that you know what you're doing and then he is high spirited but fun and not rotten. We really don't know hardly anything at all about him we were told that he is nine years old and had 7 months or so of training. We got four horses on a package deal with the intent of selling two of them so he has pretty much just been here eating. He is still a little underweight (all 4 were more than a little underweight when they got here). Hooves were done last week, and have been done every 8 weeks since they have been with us. They were wormed in early fall and I am about to go worm them again right now. He is mostly good with his feet a little wiggle at the beginning of his trim but nothing dangerous and no problem at all just picking his hooves out. I can get you in touch with my farrier for reference if you like. He was originally food aggressive when he first got here however, that stopped and has not happened since I kind of wonder if maybe he was only food aggressive because he thought the food was going to run out. If you're going to try to buy his site unseen and have someone else come pick him up, don't contact me. No kill buyers his price is negotiable. Please text and do not email the emails never seem to come through." (Owner.)

I also found a 2015 bay splash overo for $2000 but I know she'll sell fast and even though she reminds me of Wild colors I'm not getting another horse to replace her I'm getting a horse that she would want me to get. Wild Colors was a horse nobody wanted because she had a lot of trust issues with people she was abused in ways I hate talking about you see when I called the rescue they said I could fill out an application and come in see her however she is not 100% ready but will hopefully be in 3 months. Wild colors
was owned by a man who believed into old fashion if she was to ever lower her head a little than what he licked he would take leather reins or a belt and beat her in the face she had a lot of scars on her face from that and he barely did her hooves or cleaned her and rode her like that. He rode her and if she even when to fast or would spook he would again beat her. That's why I like buying the horses that come from bad past and that also have so many issues I am thinking about going to another rescue and looking at the horses their before I buy from an owner. Wild colors tough me so much about unconditional love because once I got her to trust me she let me pet her face and only me if anybody else tried to she would full out start rearing, bucking, and biting. I connect with horses that don't have the best of a past due to my past with a verbally abusive mother.

Last edited by Bruce Thomas Wayne on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vash ♡ » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 pm

alright, so here's a story for y'all:

my paternal adoptive grandmother ran a quarter horse ranch with 30+ head when i was younger. i was 6 years old when i met my heart horse 2 weeks after he was born. he was 5 when she trailered him to my house after he was green broke, lo and behold with his 6 year old half-brother that i helped raise as well. was 10 when the laminitis i fought on and off for years became chronic and eventually his coffin bone completely rotated. i laid him to rest before it punctured through. i could not BEAR to look at chester (his brother), and eventually gave him to my now ex girlfriend because he was still green broke, he had been alone for 2 years, i couldnt stomach spending time with him. they owned him for 2 years, and they trained him to do all sorts of things but his condition was deteriorating there because my trainer was spread completely thin trying to train numerous other clients' horses, and numerous students. she did not have the resources, the time, the extra money to put into easing this horse's anxiety so he worked himself skinny, he repeatedly hurt himself and they often brought him back before he completely recovered because he went nuts just sitting there. i got kicked out in november for breaking up with my trainer's younger sister. i haven't been able to work up the courage to track his progress after that line between professionalism and personal life got crossed. i was hurt, because i was on a roll with not only my career as a rider but my career as a trainer (i often took on her overflow project horses for experience and thoroughly enjoyed it). i get a message this morning from her, saying she wanted to downsize her herd with the new babies coming in, geldings were the first to go. i gave them chester, so they would give him back to me not only bc he was too much of a power house to be a lesson horse but because they knew we loved each other, were comfortable with each other. badger died 4 years ago. i'm more stable emotionally, but financially i will have to start all over when it comes to owning a horse. i have everything planned out, i have the space, i have the rehab and the new feeding regime to get him healthy again and recover from old injuries he still has not been able to. my trainer has offered aid with trailering whenever, with private lessons at my property so i don't have to see my ex, has offered even the slightest financial help. my grandparents, who own the property and had both badger and chester here for years before they both left, are fully on board with my decision to take him back under my wing. but i have to admit, as excited as i am to be getting my big fool back for my bday this saturday (convenient, i know), i am so STRESSED. i can make money work, but i've been spread SO THIN this past year i'm just thoroughly wigged out haha. not to mention this dude is 15, if i want him to recover and carry me through more show seasons in top shape i plan on supplementing!! i'm not sure if he'll ever be able to go past 3 foot jumping again, but if he has to stay on the flat period i can just do classical dressage with him. im excited, im nervous, im apprehensive, but im HAPPY to have a little piece of my badger back and this time i'll accept him with open arms and heart.

════════════════════════════════════
she • adult • audhd & chronically ill
struggling equine nutrition student, im barely on here.

════════════════════════════════════
fell in love with a pisces moon,
now i'll follow you wherever you go.
vash ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bruce Thomas Wayne » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 pm

@BlueRoan
What an amazing and beautiful story my best wishes to you and Chester.
I am more than sure you and he will do amazing things in the future best of luck!
Bruce Thomas Wayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TwentyØneSmølBeans » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:34 am

I like to ride them but its kind of scary when they run or jump
TwentyØneSmølBeans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huggles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 am

Decided to come back to this form, see whats going on, maybe get some opinions?
So I lease an arabian mare atm from my dads friend. This whole lease has been a mess, because the barn is a mess. When I first got there, I couldnt ride her for a month because the farrier wasnt trimming her. The owner off the bat hated me cause she got in a huge fight with my old trainer. She kept giving me advice that was really messing up my horse. Then I was told she had ringworm, and that they havent done anything about it. She got it from one of the barn owners assistants horses, and they were giving her medicine baths, but said they werent going to pay to do it anymore. I finally got rid of it about a month ago, then I had a fight, for lack of a better word, with the owner and skipped out on going for about two weeks, long story. When I went back after those two weeks, the sores were all over her neck again. Her owner threw out all her brushes, Ive bleached her saddle pads, my saddle pad, her bucket of gear, her bridle back, and everything else of mine. Literally everything this might still be living on. I convinced one lady to help me do her whole stall with me, and replace her buckets, but when I went back the next week to do it, I was informed she was kicked from the barn.
Ive been told it was ringworm, then they said it absolutely wasnt, its just a skin condition and not contagious, but her owner has told me it was ringworm. Im just kind of stuck on what to do. I swear I come home ranting for hours about this place :lol:
so idk, im losing motivation to keep my lease, its just insane. I really enjoy this horse, but the place shes boarded at is on something.
Im quitting and ISO art! Link to refs and cs thread
Huggles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 am

My friend has a really dangerous mare who has grabbed me with her teeth & attacked me before. No training method, slow or fast, works on her but he insists on keeping and continuing to ride her. She is an explosion waiting to happen, incredibly out of shape and is a constant argument when you're on her back asking her to do something. No amount of starting from the basic's with groundwork seems to matter. She does all the groundwork like a dream, is real chill, free lunges, joins up, etc then just attacks bared teeth and front hooves. Just not nice minded enough to be the leisurely trail horse that he's asking her to be. I have to go out there today with him, exercise and ride her yet again even though she's just going to be the same horse and lose all our progress by the next ride. Selling her & buying a GOOD horse would be the sound decision, there are too many willing ones to constantly deal w/ one who looks for opportunities to hurt you but he wont accept that lol. The only thing that's remotely made a difference was laying her down as a last resort, and even that didn't last a few days with consistent training after it. #hatemares lol!

edit; she has broken my finger and fractured my forearm as well in her freakouts.
Any horse i've ever touched finished out fine, I have a blind horse that i've trained from the ground up as well as an explosive abused gelding and they both do wonderful. I've tried (although I hate Clinton) The Clinton Anderson methods, Neil Davies, Tom McCutcheon and more but some horses just can't be helped I guess.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

may i ask, how do they keep the mare :?: stall, pasture with other horses or alone...
it can be many things why a horse does this,----fear-is in pain that you dont see- no respect, a happy character that run someone over just to say hello....bad training, a health problem..like when she is partly blind or deaf and then react to something that makes her unsure...and so on...but also one thing like she was brought up by human with a milk bottle and not a mare in the herd... or she is just way to intelligent for the work she is used for and the training or/and trainer...yes there are horses like this.. they can become real mean when brain is not worked well enough each day....and other just dont like some people (like one get mean or dangerous with an adult or teen but is like a big puppy with a kid...other like girls or boys and other women or men...it can be also color of clothing or smell of shampoo or such things...or hate to be touche at some parts of the body... even how you go near the horse can be the sign...do you move careful and slow with shoulder down or do you call her and go i there with straight back head up and sure strong calm stepps..... an so on...)

and where does she react like this...and how does she hold her body head and ears, the look in her eyes and the nose...when you try to get her out of her stall, or paddock or pasture? does she stomp the ground moves her ears and nose and head bevor an "attack"

and is it really an attack with deep bleeding bites and blue kicked legs? or looks like an attack as she is pushy and forward and mouthy..holding on arms or hand or clothing and running one over:?:

do you have a video from such an attack as you call it?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maplefire309 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am

I've recently started volunteering at a horse farm with my friend, plus I'm a beginner rider. I've been to the horse farm probably at least 3 or 4 times, and one of the horses there I really like to ride. The problem is, he's really stubborn, even after I used a crop on him lightly. He's not owned by anyone, so I think the best option would be for me to work with him, and possibly own him once I'm more experienced, the farm owners even suggested owning him. Does anyone know any good training methods? (Also, I think my friend said he was an Appy but she's not sure, he's also blind in his right eye and a smaller horse.) I'll add a picture of him once I can take one.
Maplefire309

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me