Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Livid-Silver » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:15 am

@Hime; That makes sense, what you were saying about improving the tolt. It does look like it would be difficult to get a clean beat from, but I have never ridden a gaited horse (aside from the odd STB) so I am way uneducated in that respect lol. Lessons are always good, I can say that for a fact! Especially when you haven't had one in a while and everything seems to fall back into place. There are so many things you just don't even notice when you ride alone. Or maybe that's just me lol
Ah I knew she'd been turning 1 soon, but my timing is quite off lol She looks like she's maturing into a lovely little lady! And there's nothing wrong with tossing them in the paddock to grow up and be horses :) The young ones do seem to do a pretty good job of retaining what they were taught anyway. I'm sorry to hear the breeding show didn't go quite as planned, but like you said, she travelled and behaved well and by the sounds of it that is more than some of the other entries accomplished. Plus, it sounds like she had a nice quiet experience at a show so she'll be even better for the next one! Conformation is always tricky when they're so young, they go through such funky (and sometimes plain ol ugly) growth stages as I'm sure you know. Like I said before, she looks like she's growing really nicely and she was such a well balanced foal I'm sure she'll mature just fine. Perhaps that particular judge couldn't appreciate the star she is :P
I'm hoping to figure out a solution to your saddle woes soon! That must be such a pain >.< But its super exciting Beta will be moving closer to your school soon! Would be super handy to have her so close!

@Tenturo; If you're having all these issues with her, would you consider selling and buying something more suitable? Horses should be fun and by the sounds of it you're not having a lot of fun with her at all. My instructor and I have this discussion all the time, she would like me to get something 'bigger and more competitive' where as I'm having fun poking around on my little clydie x for the time being. Its become more of a teasing thing now, because Reggie isn't going to get nearly as tall as he was 'supposed' too, but the point is she doesn't insist more because she knows I'm having fun and that's what counts. Other potential option if you're really not wanting to sell, would be to find a passionate, competent trainer/instructor to help you work with Sassy and sort her issues out. You don't want to get stuck in a negative cycle, that's not fun for anyone. I guess the situation with Gus is similar, though he seems more 'steady' in temperament than Sassy from what you've written here. Have you tried restricting his grazing or strip grazing? With the boredom part, is there any particular disciple or area you want to ride? It can be very difficult to find the motivation to ride. If trail riding is the goal and you find him a bit spooky, is there someone else with a really steady trail horse who could go with you? Sometimes going with another quiet horse can help boost their confidence until they realise the trails aren't actually full of boggy monsters lol I would potentially look at what your goals with horses are and then asses whether it is reasonable to expect Sassy or Gus to achieve them, but like I said before, if your answer to 'Am I having fun and enjoying this?' is no, it might be time to reassess. No one is forcing you to sell one and its not wrong to consider it either, you can always change your mind :)

@Crow; I am assuming you are a novice owner looking for a first horse/school master? They always seem to be short supply as the good ones generally get passed around between friends lol Leasing could be an option or asking riding school if they have any ex-lesson horses for sale or willing to sell soon. All of my horses except one have been through a 'friend of a friend' type deal. My first horse was an OTTB we got off the meat truck. My uncle has STB racehorses and knew I was looking around so was keeping his eyes out. Well a friend of his who owns a transport company was hauling a group of TBs to auction as the owner had lost a contract (or something along those lines) and had to get rid of them. He saw that Donny had a really gentle and quiet temperament so let my uncle know in case we wanted him. We said sure, bring him round and we'll have a look. He was a bag of bones with a list of issues and no name, but we bought him then and there anyway. He was just so gentle and kind and I trusted my uncle's judgment. I could rabble on about Donny all day, he is a true diamond in the rough. He's currently with a friend lf mine and teaching him the ins and outs of horses and riding and its wonderful watching them progress together :) My second horse was my little clydie x Reggie! Donny has a few issues along his spine from racing and I know he wouldn't be able to carry on with high level dressage or jumping extensively and remain sound, so I went looking for a young horse to bring on and eventually have as a competitive mount. I was in yeaf 10(?) at the time, so I was looking around at yearlings so it would be ready to break in once I'd finished school. I also knew I would like a WB/wb x or clydie cross and something that was going to get a bit of height because I'm tall. So I went looking for breeders who produced the type of horse I was after and eventually settled on a Clydie cross stud on the other end of the state. The owner bred her horses as all-rounder and hunters which was what I was after and furthermore she had a spunky yearling colt who was 1/4 Clydie 1/4 percheron 1/2 tb with full siblings who had gone on and proved themselves in the competitive scene, so I brought him home. Never thought I'd own a chestnut and yet here I am lol My only grievance is he isn't going to make the 17hh+ height we expected him too when he was a yearling (he was a huge weaning/yearling) but I am very happy with my pocket rocket!!
My last and most recent horse is my WB x TB mare Cleo. My instructor put me onto her after she had been and tried her out, but found her a bit too hot for her liking. I went out and rode her a fair few times (even took her out to a comp which was SUPER) before I decided to buy her (though I'm pretty sure after the second ride I'd decided subconsciously lol). She is just so much fun to ride and has fabulous movement. Plus, I'm the finest bit partial to mares :P Geldings are great, but mares can be just as great! They get a bad rap <3
So the main point of all that rambling (sorry I love talking about my crew and tend to get carried away) would be to ask any and all horse friends! Get your instructor on it too, they should have lots of connections. A lot of horses are 'sold' before they are even advertised by word of mouth, so it does help to get your foot in the door :) Or if you were looking for a young prospect, go and research breeders and pedigrees until your eyes falls out lol Majority of breeders and studs are more than willing to help you out with selecting the right horse for your future endeavours. Second would be don't rush, the right horse will come along eventually so you might as well enjoy the 'horse shopping' process :)
Livid-Silver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am

@amy pond

i really appreciate your response - it honestly got me thinking a bit.
      i do have fun with my horses, i honestly do, and i love them to pieces, but it is stressful and just not as enjoyable to ride them as it was when i took my lessons on the competition horses i leased. gus spent his life doing rodeos and (thankfully) is familiar with the barrel pattern, which is what ive competed in. where he is getting old, i don't know if taking him back into competing in rodeos is the safest and best idea for him, so i was hoping to have an old seasoned horse to take trail riding (which obviously isnt the case). as for his grazing - his grazing isn't restricted right now, but their feeding we do is. it's difficult to restrict for one big reason which is i guess what would be considered stall anxiety? he's a big powerful horse whenever he's actually moving and enjoying himself but due to what his conditions were previously... he really doesn't like being locked in the stall. he goes in by himself and will let you put him in there, whatever, but once the stall door is closed he gets extremely anxious and pushes as hard as he can at the door - so hard one time that it almost completely broke off and we had to add extra reinforcements to it. with his old home after the man stopped riding him, Gus basically sat in a stall for a few years with nothing to do, when he had been used to being worked daily. i do know people with seasoned trail horses, and i'm going to try to have one or two come out here soon if theres a day that isnt too hot and humid to see if it'll help.

as for sassy ~ i have long considered hiring a trainer, and debated if i wanted to hire one to simply train her for me, or train her with me - meaning they'd show me what to do, and then let me do it, but i don't know if i can afford to pay them. i'm currently without a vehicle and still in school, so i'm trying to save up for a vehicle and am not sure if i would be able to put off getting one for a bit longer by putting my money towards her training. i should also mention that my horses do not live at my home - they live on my grandmothers farm, a 25 minute drive from my house, therefore during school i'm not there daily as nobody really wants to drive me there after they've worked, or are still at work.
      they get fed and groomed while i'm unable to be there, though i'm there on weekends, any days i dont have school, holidays, etc., but once i have my own vehicle i'll be able to prioritize my free-time after school to go there and work them myself. due to me not having a vehicle of my own, i'm currently not competing either, as nobody has a truck. we had to borrow someones to bring them home, which is why i'm saving up for my own.

i do believe it would be beneficial to me to sell Sassy and purchase a horse that i can already be able to ride and enjoy more, rather than one who's kind of a basket case. i also really don't want to screw up her training and develop bad habits to a potential seller, but i do believe i'll discuss it with my grandma since sassy lives there.

it just.. it stresses me out because i enjoy them when i'm not riding, because then i'm not bored on gus or concerned about getting seriously injured by sassy if she were to bolt, as there was an incident where she almost injured myself and my younger sister who was with me at the time, i do feel as though she is unsafe right now. i'm honestly not sure how i want to explain my thoughts to my grandmother but.. i'll find a way.

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 am

Tenturo wrote:
      @amy pond

i really appreciate your response - it honestly got me thinking a bit.
      i do have fun with my horses, i honestly do, and i love them to pieces, but it is stressful and just not as enjoyable to ride them as it was when i took my lessons on the competition horses i leased. gus spent his life doing rodeos and (thankfully) is familiar with the barrel pattern, which is what ive competed in. where he is getting old, i don't know if taking him back into competing in rodeos is the safest and best idea for him, so i was hoping to have an old seasoned horse to take trail riding (which obviously isnt the case). as for his grazing - his grazing isn't restricted right now, but their feeding we do is. it's difficult to restrict for one big reason which is i guess what would be considered stall anxiety? he's a big powerful horse whenever he's actually moving and enjoying himself but due to what his conditions were previously... he really doesn't like being locked in the stall. he goes in by himself and will let you put him in there, whatever, but once the stall door is closed he gets extremely anxious and pushes as hard as he can at the door - so hard one time that it almost completely broke off and we had to add extra reinforcements to it. with his old home after the man stopped riding him, Gus basically sat in a stall for a few years with nothing to do, when he had been used to being worked daily. i do know people with seasoned trail horses, and i'm going to try to have one or two come out here soon if theres a day that isnt too hot and humid to see if it'll help.

as for sassy ~ i have long considered hiring a trainer, and debated if i wanted to hire one to simply train her for me, or train her with me - meaning they'd show me what to do, and then let me do it, but i don't know if i can afford to pay them. i'm currently without a vehicle and still in school, so i'm trying to save up for a vehicle and am not sure if i would be able to put off getting one for a bit longer by putting my money towards her training. i should also mention that my horses do not live at my home - they live on my grandmothers farm, a 25 minute drive from my house, therefore during school i'm not there daily as nobody really wants to drive me there after they've worked, or are still at work.
      they get fed and groomed while i'm unable to be there, though i'm there on weekends, any days i dont have school, holidays, etc., but once i have my own vehicle i'll be able to prioritize my free-time after school to go there and work them myself. due to me not having a vehicle of my own, i'm currently not competing either, as nobody has a truck. we had to borrow someones to bring them home, which is why i'm saving up for my own.

i do believe it would be beneficial to me to sell Sassy and purchase a horse that i can already be able to ride and enjoy more, rather than one who's kind of a basket case. i also really don't want to screw up her training and develop bad habits to a potential seller, but i do believe i'll discuss it with my grandma since sassy lives there.

it just.. it stresses me out because i enjoy them when i'm not riding, because then i'm not bored on gus or concerned about getting seriously injured by sassy if she were to bolt, as there was an incident where she almost injured myself and my younger sister who was with me at the time, i do feel as though she is unsafe right now. i'm honestly not sure how i want to explain my thoughts to my grandmother but.. i'll find a way.

my apologies for the double post but i wanted to update on this since i just got off the phone with my grandmother.
      to sum up what happened during the phone call:

i began by saying i've been debating selling sassy to eventually purchase a new horse better suited for me. she said i have to explain why, to which i tried to explain my thoughts. she then cut me off, "well then i'll just sell them both. you aren't selling one and not the other," and then told me that there would be no new horses bought, despite the fact that i said i would be the one buying him/her.

she then went on and on about how i don't work with her much anyway - which is true, but i don't know what i'm doing, and i have tried. i've watched videos and read articles and consulted people to get advice and tips but i dont have the knowledge or location really to train a horse. i just don't. and due to her past she's just so anxious and unsafe, and whenever i even think about riding her, it makes me nervous.

i then got a big ramble about how i wont even have time for them anymore soon because i'll have a job (which isn't true - as mentioned, i'm without a vehicle, nor does my families work schedules allow me to apply for one to have definite transport to and from the potential workplace) and will have to keep up with my studies. i should mention here that i have managed my studies with my horses for years - ever since i was in 2nd grade. i should also mention that my number of classes is decreasing because im so far advanced that there just aren't any classes that i can take after this (for highschool).

so
      long story short
      i can just not really enjoy riding for the next few years, or sell them both and not ride at all.

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 am

@Tenturo: My thoughts were along Amy Pond's. If riding is no longer fun and enjoyable on most days something has to change.
Getting someone to at least assess the situation with Sassy would probably be a good start and get things rolling. Like having a trainer to come over and 'read' the situation with more experienced eye and tell their honest oppinion on what in their oppinion would be the best course of action. It shouldn't be too expensive and I think it would help you decide what to do. But I also think in your situation with the distance and all, it might really be better to save for a vehicle first before investing alot into training, as it would be likely easier if you could work with the horses little more often than just the weekends. I've noticed with Tý if he has more than one day off in a row he can be bit more hassle to ride. And I somehow think Sassy may be the same type...
(reading your double post) Wow... That's pretty harsh from your grandmother. I know old people can be pretty stubborn and sometimes fail to see beyond certain things, but that's just... Geez. Maybe you just caught her by surprise and she got upset for some reason, and after she has had time to think about it she'll see the more rational side of it. You could try explaining all of this to her again, like really explain why you aren't working with Sassy and how riding/working with her makes you currently feel. Or maybe if your parents are little more understanding and would listen to you better and then they could talk to your grandmother together with you and possibly find a solution. Main thing is that your grandmother needs to understand that you are struggling with Sassy, and you either need help with her or she's maybe best elsewhere.

@Crow: I first met Heta when I was at a riding camp one summer and I sort of clicked with her even though she wasn't anything fancy. Then next year the place had shut down and the horses sold. I went to the place where Heta had been sold to work as intern for the summer and early fall. I had talked with my parents about getting a horse after I graduate. Then the stableowner half joked that she'd sell Heta to me as she was going to sell her in fall if she didn't get pregnant (Heta was bit small as a trail/lesson horse). She had been bred once already that summer and we didn't know the results yet, but I ended up buying her anyway (we just made a deal that if she was pregnant she'd stay and be taken care off by the stableowner through the pregnancy and foaling and the foal would stay after weaning). But she wasn't pregnant then and I didn't want her bred then, so that's that and she came with me after the intern period ended. So I guess my story is bit of fate, dash of stupid and clingy(from my part, since the horses were the reason I picked that place to intern at), little luck and right timing.
What kind of horse are you looking for? Usually instructor is the best help when it comes to finding a riding horse. They know you and usually have a good idea what kind of horse would work for you. They also usually have more connections than the average rider and might know horses for sale before they are even put out to public. There are also certain type of horse sellers(usually trainers of some sort), who take in horses to sell as commision rather than actually buying horses and then selling them on. Like they test the horses themselves, keep them at their stable, do all the advertising, maybe train them on little further and give honest professional oppinion to the potential buyer with no emotions attached to the horse. These type of people might also know other horses for sale even if they aren't at their place to be sold.

@Luzien: I have honestly tried and ridden so many saddles in way too short time frame for me that I felt really overwhelmed earlier this week. Now I've ridden with just one couple times and I think we may have found our saddle. ^^ It's the Mustang one, even though I disliked it at first. Sure it's still bit difficult for me, but I'm adjusting to it better after some rides and both of my horses seem happy with it. The Sydney one I tried along it these last few days was seriously not bad and it was lovely short, which is great for Tý. But it just felt maybe tad too small in some situations (I mean it was 16") and I wasn't fan how hard the panels felt (and getting a brand new saddle totally re-flocked just sounds plain stupid to me) and I think neither of my horses were as happy with it as they were with the Mustang. I mean they were okay with it, but the feeling of how the saddle worked with them had these weird moments.
I sure hope they have some nice mares Heta can paddock with, since she can be bit picky about her friends... ^^; There's supposed to be around 20 horses at the stable when fall comes and the pasture season ends, so quite bit more people than I'm used to...

@Amy Pond: lol I honestly consider tolt as one of the hardest gaits to master. Not only can it be difficult to find right buttons to press to fix it, but I still have trouble even seeing the clean beat(well unless the horse is like super super pacy). I can hear the differance pretty well (even judges sometime rely on their hearing in some cases where the beat may be slightly off) and sometimes sort of feel it. Riding Heta has made me grow used to the wrong feel and beat, so it's difficult to correct now... L constantly tells me I'm too nice with Heta and I get too 'loose' with her(even though I feel like I'm pretty 'mean' sometimes with her), so I probably have ton of bad habbits from riding unsupervised for soo many years. :lol:
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New to this world... Kinda

Postby _Human_ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:12 am

So I am new to this... k i n d a. I have loved horses for years, ever since I was a little bab; h o w e v e r, I am new to this in the since I am getting my first horse in a few months, he's being broken right now and he is in need of a lot of care and love which he will be spoiled with me, I have been riding horses for a couple of months, every time I hang out with my friend we ride, but I am nervous because I don't really know exactly what I am doing, I know I want to show him, my friend is going to teach me some English riding more but I also am going to learn western. So are there any tips because I will honestly take what I can get.

Background: His real name is Chance, his original owner got him from a kill auction, I am in the process of changing his name to Taavi (it means adored) His show name is Give me more money, also in the process of changing that to Willow Tree March. He is slowly putting on weight, was once extremely under weight, I am talking with someone to see if we should put him on special feed since his owner right now feeds him enough to keep him moving pretty much, he's two years old and a sweet heart but a little skittish.

20747152_1086377168173620_371147335_o.jpg
20747152_1086377168173620_371147335_o.jpg (395.13 KiB) Viewed 32 times
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New to this world... Kinda

Postby Hime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am

MochiTheDoggo wrote:So I am new to this... k i n d a. I have loved horses for years, ever since I was a little bab; h o w e v e r, I am new to this in the since I am getting my first horse in a few months, he's being broken right now and he is in need of a lot of care and love which he will be spoiled with me, I have been riding horses for a couple of months, every time I hang out with my friend we ride, but I am nervous because I don't really know exactly what I am doing, I know I want to show him, my friend is going to teach me some English riding more but I also am going to learn western. So are there any tips because I will honestly take what I can get.

Background: His real name is Chance, his original owner got him from a kill auction, I am in the process of changing his name to Taavi (it means adored) His show name is Give me more money, also in the process of changing that to Willow Tree March. He is slowly putting on weight, was once extremely under weight, I am talking with someone to see if we should put him on special feed since his owner right now feeds him enough to keep him moving pretty much, he's two years old and a sweet heart but a little skittish.

I know you are new to horses and riding, but I'm going to be bluntly honest here.
Firstly. That horse should not be doing anything else but rest, eat and receive basic handling and maybe little ground work for good while. For two reasons: he's under weight and only 2 years old. Those two reasons make working and breaking him in physically unfair for him, and it will slow down his recovery process and possibly cause problems later in life. Being only two(to be honest I wonder if he's even that...), he's still going to be growing some and thus would generally need little more nutrients than adult horse would to have enough building blocks and energy to grow. Being under weight just adds even bigger need of nutrients, as to gain weight he needs to eat more than a healthy weight horse would eat.
Second. I'm little concerned you are getting more then you can handle with such young and very little trained horse when you also haven't been riding that much. I've been riding for 10+ years (owned horses for 7 years) and I'm still struggling a little bit with my 4 year old, who has been trained under saddle for 3 months by professional. Young green horses need quite lot of guidance from their riders compared to older more experienced horses that just go partly automatical in some situations. So usually unfortunately inexperienced rider+inexperienced horse=disaster...
So my tips if you are dead set on keeping that horse: I would not have that horse broken in yet, at least don't start to ride him until he's at healthy weight(and preferably year or two older) and to recover he's likely going to need some months of good feeding(don't change feeding too fast, horses need time for their guts to adjust to new type of feeds and also going from barely anything (at least based on how he looks) to normal). And finally you need to get as much riding experience as you can. Lessons usually teach you much more than just riding with a friend and that way you usually get to ride different horses.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Human_ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 am

Thanks Hime, I will definitely take all of that into mind, and I plan on starting true riding lessons very soon, I am just looking at some of the barns around here right now before I decide on which one to do, I don't want to drop all of my money into lessons and then later realize I had the wool pulled over my eyes so to speak.
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guilttripping » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 am

@mochie what Hime said is very true and important but if you're dead set on getting that horse just know that when he is back to full health and fit, he's going to be feeling himself a lot more and may not be as sweet and quiet as he acts now. I've seen too many people buy young or malnourished horses just for them to grow and then become too much for their owners. I'd be very cautious. Lessons will help you so much and I rode for 7 years before I got a horse of my own.
guilttripping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 am

MochiTheDoggo wrote:Thanks Hime, I will definitely take all of that into mind, and I plan on starting true riding lessons very soon, I am just looking at some of the barns around here right now before I decide on which one to do, I don't want to drop all of my money into lessons and then later realize I had the wool pulled over my eyes so to speak.

only jumping in fast ;)

what Hime did say, this is so true :)

dont think about it to much, each day more under saddle could be bad...
when you do in some weeks when he got some weight back and is more healthy, some light short time of groundwork, some calm walks on the trail an in the forest and such, with a trainer in the beginning and now and then again later too...to work on his muscle it is not bad, but nothing more.

but it is great that you want to get lessons!! ^^
when you have different barns in your area then ride in them, some weeks here some weeks there, try them out and see how they are and how they do there lessons, see how the different instructors are...... you learn a lot about different horses, about taking care of a horse, different riding and so on, any lesson and if it was still so ba was a bad lesson...as you will learn something, and like this you can find the perfect professional Trainer for your horse in a year or two for his training.

the best thing relly is Keep him on a big pasture with other horses and hay and grass that is not to short... feed him slowly more and more...but be careful with grains and such as he does not work and only Needs to get some weight on.., a vet can tell you more, like what mineral feed is good what vitamin and other things, is he been vaccinated and dewormed, hoof taken care of??
a horse rescue could maybe help you a bit as they know how to bring sick or hurt horses to health and strong body again....
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Human_ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:32 am

Most of the stables and barns around me require you pay for a month's worth of riding and not just go for a week or so, and he has been, I am not sure how regularly he has been though, My original plan for him was she was just going to get him saddle broken so he's used to having one on his back and wearing tack then let him start to get back to health, doing light ground work with him when she can, I wasn't planning on riding him for a while, until he was back to full health and had been boarded at the barn I chose for a couple of months so he could get used to his new surroundings and such.
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me