Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Ancient Frost » Wed May 29, 2019 7:43 am

I'M FREAKING OUT!!

I said I wouldn't breed my rabbits until after summer but the weather has been weird and it continues to rain so I decided to breed them on Sunday. It was actually kind of funny to watch. Anyway, but this is my first time and so even though I've done my research, I don't know if what I learn is right and just overall am nervous.

But, I'm really excited too. In a month, if all goes well, I will have a few baby bunnies. I know I've done everything I can for them and so it should be fine, at least to kindle. Alfredo, my doe, has been nicer since Sunday so that is nice. If anyone wants to give me advice, feel free to PM me or reply here. Thank you!
Ancient Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:14 am

Ancient Frost wrote:I'M FREAKING OUT!!

I said I wouldn't breed my rabbits until after summer but the weather has been weird and it continues to rain so I decided to breed them on Sunday. It was actually kind of funny to watch. Anyway, but this is my first time and so even though I've done my research, I don't know if what I learn is right and just overall am nervous.

But, I'm really excited too. In a month, if all goes well, I will have a few baby bunnies. I know I've done everything I can for them and so it should be fine, at least to kindle. Alfredo, my doe, has been nicer since Sunday so that is nice. If anyone wants to give me advice, feel free to PM me or reply here. Thank you!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I've seen just about everything. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐢 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:37 pm

@ancient frost
good luck with alfredo and the possible future kits!

yesterday as i was making dinner, my lop was watching the birds as usual. we have a few floor to ceiling windows, which allows him to sit and look outside. suddenly the raccoon that hangs out in the woods waddled past the window. the little boy sprinted back to his room and thumped a couple times. i felt bad for him, he looked scared out of his fur! thankfully after some parsley and back scratches he calmed down and was back to his old self. poor little guy, raccoons must be so scary when you're that small :')
Last edited by acadicus on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star_Bun » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 am

Hi I’d like to jump into the chat so I can find it later but I recently got a rabbit. I’ve owned rabbits before but had to give them away because I had an unstable living situation(the whole thing was quite complicated and still upsets me but alas) I’ve very excited and plan to free roam them when they get big enough. I don’t have a name set for them yet as I don’t know the gender and don’t want to check as they are still very shy and don’t like me yet, I spend time with them everyday(2nd day is today lol) and just let them come up and sniff when they’re ready. I got them from a pet store and am a bit disappointed in myself for it but I’ve been searching the shelters in my area for months and they just never get rabbits in but I love my new little friend and can’t wait to see them grow.
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

Hi ! I'm star_bun, but call me star < 3
I'm always open to PM's and making
new friends !
avi and signature art by
nervousdog

Star_Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 am

@star_bun
congrats on your new member of the family!! they're such a cutie ;0
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star_Bun » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 am

cinnabunny wrote:@star_bun
congrats on your new member of the family!! they're such a cutie ;0

Thank you!!! I find it’s silly your rabbit watches the birds, such a cool thing!!!
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

new friends !
avi and signature art by
nervousdog

Star_Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dio_brando » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 am

thought id join! i've got two dutch rabbits both female and both grey! (not blue, grey) their names are Lilly and Lucky! i show both of them in 4h but lilly is a retired show rabbit. im happy to give any advice y'all have.
My names Dio (He/Him)
I'm autistic! please be patient!
I'm collecting every chicken!
Always looking to trade! <3

Dio_brando

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star_Bun » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:34 am

Dutch bunnies??? I’m jealous! My second favorite breed next to polish!

edit: I made a facebook group for rabbits if anyones interested, it's for actual discussion of them and stuff like here and not just cute images like most pages. The name is "Rabbit Owners United" look it up on fb if interested!
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

new friends !
avi and signature art by
nervousdog

Star_Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyeris » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:19 am

waddles in
hello!! i’m todd, and just today i found a (presumably) abandoned brown holland lop wandering around in my backyard! we live quite a ways away from town, so i’m guessing someone just dumped him out here for some cruel reason.

regardless, i’ve put up a few found posters, but if no one claims him, i’ve decided to keep him. now - is anyone here experienced with free-roaming? i’d love some tips on it!
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
WE ARE RATS AND WE LIVE IN A SEWER; THE SEWER RATS!
beer rat; smoking rat; shoe rat; musical rat; taco rat; invalid rat; soft rat; dagger rat; ninja rat; princess rat
Eyeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am

@eyeris

my rabbit isn't 100% free roam but his fenced-off room is always open when i'm at home, so i can give you a couple tips!

--first of all, never have anything that could harm your rabbit accessible to him. for example, electrical wires can give your rabbit a shock. rabbits have a natural tendency to tidy up their home by chewing vines, and house to wire is pretty much burrow to vine. cord protectors are a good option! another thing to keep away from the floor would be poisonous things, such as avocados, or just food in general. you wouldn't want your little guy to start digging into your cereal when you aren't looking!
--another thing to keep in mind is to get to know your rabbit. my rabbit doesn't chew chair legs, so i never felt the need to "bunny-proof" those. if your rabbit chews random things, chew toys like willow balls can give them something else to gnaw on. but make sure they are safe to bunnies before you buy them! sometimes companies don't do their research on rabbits before making "rabbit toys," and they may end up harming your bunny. just things like chewing and your rabbit's other habits are good to know!
--keeping everything tidy might be a pain, but it's something you need to learn to do! litter-training your rabbit would definitely be a giant help before you allow them to run all around your house all day. hay can also get scattered everywhere, so getting some kind of container to keep it all contained is a good idea! i personally have a wooden box with rabbit-head sized holes at the bottom, with litter boxes under the holes. that way my rabbit can sit in the litter boxes and eat hay at the same time without getting it too scattered around.

those are probably the main things, and feel free to add on if i missed something! thank you so much for considering free-roaming your bunny! it may have some issues you'll have to deal with, but it's great for your rabbit once you figure it out. it helps keep their digestive tract healthy, allows them to get the exercise they need, and just allows them to live a happy life in general! <3
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me