LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Sleipnir wrote:Yeah. Halsey's a pretty big name. Poor boy, but hey, no more car rides across country, right?

Nice well congrats on that win ^^ and haha yup
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Well, my hotot doe had 3 babies a little over a week ago! They're all alive and well still. <3 I'm so excited, they're adorable!

And I have a rabbit show both tomorrow and Sunday. I have a little polish doe the judges in the past have liked but she was too young at the time to really do well, now that she's a little older I'm hoping she'll do well! ;3
Last edited by The Mean Kitty on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:37 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:Well, my hotot doe had 3 babies a little over a week ago! They're all alive and well still. <3 I'm so excited, they're adorable!

And I have a rabbit show both tomorrow and Sunday. I have a little polish doe the judges in the past have liked but she was too young at the time to really do well, not that she's a little older I'm hoping she'll do well! ;3

Congrats on the kits! And good luck at the shows!
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:34 am

Bad news, I'm trying to find someone to take my rabbit. We're moving, and the homeowner's policy there doesn't let us keep cages outside. She will have to be kept in the garage, and that's no way to live. I hope someone would be willing to pay for the hutch and food, but I would give her away just to ne sure that she got a good home. :(

๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:16 am

^^^ As far as this goes, I'd have to say that "free to a good home" often results in animals not going to good homes. I don't know about rabbits but I KNOW that more often than not, people with unpleasant motives hunt out those ads for cats and dogs. Warning against that... Even $10 can deter those folks.

Have you considered seeing about an inside hutch or even house training? Do they allow pets? Because litter training is pretty easy with rabbits(I know that if my does didn't get bred and I put in a nest box, I soon find that they've magically converted it to a litter box xD), and a smaller hutch for when you aren't home to watch her/him might make it possible to have a house rabbit assuming your able to have house animals.
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:24 am

Sleipnir wrote:^^^ As far as this goes, I'd have to say that "free to a good home" often results in animals not going to good homes. I don't know about rabbits but I KNOW that more often than not, people with unpleasant motives hunt out those ads for cats and dogs. Warning against that... Even $10 can deter those folks.

Have you considered seeing about an inside hutch or even house training? Do they allow pets? Because litter training is pretty easy with rabbits(I know that if my does didn't get bred and I put in a nest box, I soon find that they've magically converted it to a litter box xD), and a smaller hutch for when you aren't home to watch her/him might make it possible to have a house rabbit assuming your able to have house animals.

My parents don't like the rabbit and think that she would tear up the house (which, undoubtedly, I think she would do because she tends to get bored).

๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:49 am

I agree that "Free to a good home" often ends badly for the animal. Free 'pet' rabbits often end up as snake food.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiderfish » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:51 am

PeachFuzz wrote:I agree that "Free to a good home" often ends badly for the animal. Free 'pet' rabbits often end up as snake food.

Or dog fight bait. Or used to train working ferrets.
Or other horrible scenarios that don't end well for the rabbit.
-wip-
-wip-
-wip-
spiderfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:24 am

redpanda wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:^^^ As far as this goes, I'd have to say that "free to a good home" often results in animals not going to good homes. I don't know about rabbits but I KNOW that more often than not, people with unpleasant motives hunt out those ads for cats and dogs. Warning against that... Even $10 can deter those folks.

My parents don't like the rabbit and think that she would tear up the house (which, undoubtedly, I think she would do because she tends to get bored).

I rehomed a rabbit and what I did was just advertise the rabbit as a package deal. Either the rabbit and cage for $30 or they could also have the pen (encouraging them to allow the bunny more space) for $50. Ended up giving the bunny to a really nice family whose ten year old son had been wanting a bunny for a while. The $50 was his birthday money. I also included a couple days' worth of food and a bit of Carefresh bedding to get them started, food bowl, water bottle, gave them some advice on diet, behavior, space, handling, etc, and sent them the link to the rabbit.org site.

When we had rabbits a good fifteen years ago who turned out to be male and female (rather than both female), I think maybe we just gave away the babies to people in our neighborhood (a pretty decently neighborhood of people who were cooing over the babies).

As for being destructive, there are some decently sized cages available. Mine has always had a pen or condo until I moved back in with my parents. My brother had also moved back in (with his yellow lab who wanted to eat bunny) so she had to live in my room. Because of this, I found a 2x4' cage for her that has the typical plastic bottom and wire top. She has a litterbox and food bowl inside, as well as toys, something to chew on, and sometimes a blankie. That way she's contained when needed, but I also let her out to run and explore my room and she has a pen outside in the grass with a hidey tunnel, the pen situated mostly in the shade (and I give her roses as treats sometimes when she's outside). Would such a cage be a possibility for you? By using one, I've been able to have my rabbit in my room for nearly six months now (she's actually nice and quiet at night, too), and she still gets some play time both inside and outside.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:32 am

CaptainMarvel wrote:
CaptainMarvel wrote:
My friend got another rabbit, she thinks she's young because she's acting out (purposely chewing things, doing things shes not supposed to, just being a little brat in general lol), and she's not used to it and doesn't know how to react.
Also, she has an older bunny that she was trying to get them to like each other but whenever the younger rabbit is around the older one, she will just pee everywhere to try to claim her territory or something. And they fight a lot. She's had to separate them now.
Is there any advice you can give her? About her misbehaving rabbit (a netherland dwarf) and about her older bunny not getting along?

I still don't really have a reply lol

I saw the one on putting food in the room...
My friend also said she saw something about spraying them with a water sprayer if they do something wrong?

With my bunny, he never bites us (unless we are in his "way" in which he nips us to get us out of his path), but he does bite the carpet. We say his name in a stern voice, he will hop away and act like hes done nothing wrong lol then five minutes later he's back to biting the carpet. He's a little bugger.

And another topic; can you train your rabbits to do tricks? My bunny doesn't really do much and we don't really interact with him (we let him out around the living room every night and we pet him occasionally and sometimes he hops up on the couch to see us but other than that we don't really interact) and he loves banana treats so much I think he would be willing to do something for them, and I think it would be a great way to bond with him! He's 9 years old and I should have started back when we first got him when he was 2.
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Stamps โ€ข

โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Credit โ€ข
NebulaWolf
โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Bio โ€ข
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ

โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘