Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:40 am

darkvoodoo: What kind of message are you trying to convey, I guess.... Lost Creek sounds like a mysterious place to explore, that's hidden away. Kind of fun! New Hope sounds like a nice little refuge/ lovely place to seek shelter. :mrgreen:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm getting a new bunny today hopefully! :D I saw an ad online for flemish giant babies last night :D Brokens are fairly new on the scene for flemish. lol And they had a litter of mostly brokens available. :D The owner says the parents are both around 13 pounds. So that's exciting. lol I love big rabbits! I am hoping that her and Gyda will get along. She is about 10-12 pounds right now. She's had babies in the past, so I am hoping she ends up just being motherly to the new one. I want to be able to let them run free with each other outside in the run that I am going to make for them. So glad the weather is finally warming up and melting the snow!!

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FweepTheTurtle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:42 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:darkvoodoo: What kind of message are you trying to convey, I guess.... Lost Creek sounds like a mysterious place to explore, that's hidden away. Kind of fun! New Hope sounds like a nice little refuge/ lovely place to seek shelter. :mrgreen:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm getting a new bunny today hopefully! :D I saw an ad online for flemish giant babies last night :D Brokens are fairly new on the scene for flemish. lol And they had a litter of mostly brokens available. :D The owner says the parents are both around 13 pounds. So that's exciting. lol I love big rabbits! I am hoping that her and Gyda will get along. She is about 10-12 pounds right now. She's had babies in the past, so I am hoping she ends up just being motherly to the new one. I want to be able to let them run free with each other outside in the run that I am going to make for them. So glad the weather is finally warming up and melting the snow!!

Nice! Flemish are like dogs if you treat them well. I had one that would roll over like a dog.
FweepTheTurtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neighbourhooding » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:44 am

We're babysitting a small rabbit, but when we move I'm getting an English lop, MAYBE. And it'll be one from a cull. I own guinea pigs (Around 40-50) So a rabbit will be a big change for me. Lol
I trade duplicates for art!

Certified guinea pig hoarder! I want any and all possible guinea pig pets, including duplicates!
Neighbourhooding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRES

Postby bark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 am

I've basically had rabbits all my life! They're such wonderful creatures~
My first one named Thumper, grew up with me and helped me with my anxiety and Autism. She also had baby bunnies when I got a male Lionhead named Honey Bun. (that I thought it was a girl, whoops!) which earned her name; Mama. She had 5 baby bun buns, and we kept all of them!
Sadly, two of them didn't make it so we had 2 baby girls and one boy. The girls names were Harriet and Daisy; and the boy was Snickers. Snickers passed first due to natural causes, Honey Bun had cancer but passed away peacefully. Harriet had heart problems and passed from that. Thumper and Daisy were the last two ones, and they got along so beautifully.

Thumper passed away due to old age, but before she passed; she gave me small kisses on my hand to say "thank you for being a great parent along giving me a great life."
She was basically 10 years old, and it broke my heart when she passed. I had her cremated, so that way she's still with me. Daisy passed in 9 months after Thumpers death from old age. After that, I had no bunnies left. I felt really lonely and empty; due to spending almost my whole life with bunnies and they helped me so much with my mental disabilities.

That was until summer of 2016, and I met Roxy. Roxy is a black and white Lionhead rabbit, and boy; she has a colourful personality. After all these years of raising grey bunnies, I was never expecting this bun bun. XD
Even though she's still training, but our goal is to get her registered as a service animal for my anxiety and autism. She already got house trained, doesn't get mad when you pet her anywhere, but as for her destruction habits: still trying to curb her on that a little. But she LOVES giving kisses, being petted and cuddled!

Sorry if I spiller my life story there. XD I really love bun buns and I'd thought I'd tell it :D
Last edited by Rick on Fri May 31, 2024 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Why did you turn me into a furry.

[He/him] [Adult] [Furry]
hi I'm the crazy apple guy who hoards
the UR apples lol [Have one UFT? Send a suggestion!]
ImageImage
Image - Trades - Art TOS
(tos is if you've gotten stuff from me in the past)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:44 am

FweepTheTurtle: I used to breed flemish giants about 10 years ago. It's been a long time! lol I had some NEw Zealands that were pretty big and sweet though. :D

The Golden Retriever: English Lops are fun! My friend used to breed them. The ears are great. lol Just watch out for them stepping on their own ears and dragging them through their food and water. lol

K-9-Dog: Rabbits can be great for that! I've sold a few that were going to be used as therapy animals. I thought that was super cool. I have had bad anxiety and depression basically my whole life... nothing quite calms me down and cheers me like the soft coat of a rabbit. lol If I was having a bad day, I would just go home and sit out with the rabbits. Even just watching them sit around would do the trick. I have 7 guinea pigs and I will just go and lay on the floor and watch them go about their day. lol It's very peaceful.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Picked her up tonight. :D Very scared of her new home so far. lol Poor thing. First day away from her 4 sisters.
I decided to name her Dandelion. I honestly can't wait until she reaches the 10+ pounds.... I love big bunnies.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkvoodoo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm selling out of Flemish giants,lol. Not a fan of them
darkvoodoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:17 pm

darkvoodoo wrote:I'm selling out of Flemish giants,lol. Not a fan of them

I only sold out of them because they ate like pigs. lol Big food bill. But now that I only have 4 rabbits compared to 40, I don't mind. :lol: Mine were like dogs.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkvoodoo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Food bill is a part of it! I have 1 buck I like and may keep, but the rest can go. I need the space for my rex,etc
darkvoodoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me