Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

So I Was Looking Through.

Postby Silent Serenity » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:06 am

So I Was Looking Through Some Old Pictures. When I Found a Few Of My Cat: Pippi.

Now....

I Can't Remember When She Was a Kitten. So I Went To My Mum And Said;

"Who Is This Kitten?"

She Started Laughing At Me And Told Me.

"That Is Pippi"

I Said 'Oh' And She Started Laughing Even More....

Good Job Me :clap: :roll:

(Here Is The Picture vv)

Toyhou.se | Paper Planes#3337
Silent Serenity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cat Chat 2 (open)

Postby Cardinal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:52 am

I swear these cats are the worst. :P Every time I pull raw meat out in the kitchen Im onstantly mobbed by these three. They know at the end I'll put the tray down for them to clean up the raw scraps.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:21 am

DoubleONothing wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your replies! I hope I didn't sound stupid, or like a bad owner.

I do try to keep her inside as much as I can, and she doesn't mind staying in my room at night, and when I'm sick she'll stay with me. But the problem is that she was an spca cat who lived on the street for a while, and it's quite hard to keep her inside for long periods of time. She doesn't like being made to stay inside, and gets quite feisty if we try to keep her in. Do you have any tips for keeping her inside?

(She has a cat bed and lots of toys to play with, and in case you were wondering, we live in New Zealand, in a quiet street with not many cars and basically no predators. She's also up to date with all her shots)

Also I'm sorry if this sounds bad and I don't want to start a fight c:

You could look into harness training her to take her outside safely?
When my girlfriend first adopted her cat Templeton, he was always trying to get outside. He'd scratch at the door and meow all night, rush the door whenever it was opened. Just all around be a little furry terror. So one day we picked up a harness and leash for him and started getting him used to it. When we got to the point where we could take him outside, we did every day that it wasn't too hot to do so. On the days when it was too hot, he got to go on car rides, so he was still outside.

The door rushing and scratching stopped, and he started to meow only when he saw his harness come out. My two cats were also outdoor cats for six months, so when I moved to my apartment and brought them back inside, I prepared. They have plenty of toys (they have a ridiculous amount of toys lol), multiple cat trees placed in front of windows, and they get play time with myself or my roommate daily. They also get to play with the ferrets, which helps to keep them entertained. You'll want to get a variety of toys that she can play with in different ways. For example, my cats have a ton of little mice that they can throw around, a feather wand to chase, and a couple of poles to stalk and 'hunt'. Because of this, I don't panic whenever I accidentally leave my door open when we're bringing in groceries or something since I know the cats wont run away.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoubleONothing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 am

Εschaton wrote:Do you play with her often or otherwise engage with her? If she wants to leave, she likely gets bored so you should find a way to entertain her. There are some special entertaining toys for cats that aren't as simple as just chasing a ball, and you could even try teaching her a trick or two (there are many guides out there, just gotta google them).

Yes, I do play with her a lot, but she just gets bored with toys after a while. But I'll look up guides c:

Transkitty wrote:You could look into harness training her to take her outside safely?
When my girlfriend first adopted her cat Templeton, he was always trying to get outside. He'd scratch at the door and meow all night, rush the door whenever it was opened. Just all around be a little furry terror. So one day we picked up a harness and leash for him and started getting him used to it. When we got to the point where we could take him outside, we did every day that it wasn't too hot to do so. On the days when it was too hot, he got to go on car rides, so he was still outside.

The door rushing and scratching stopped, and he started to meow only when he saw his harness come out. My two cats were also outdoor cats for six months, so when I moved to my apartment and brought them back inside, I prepared. They have plenty of toys (they have a ridiculous amount of toys lol), multiple cat trees placed in front of windows, and they get play time with myself or my roommate daily. They also get to play with the ferrets, which helps to keep them entertained. You'll want to get a variety of toys that she can play with in different ways. For example, my cats have a ton of little mice that they can throw around, a feather wand to chase, and a couple of poles to stalk and 'hunt'. Because of this, I don't panic whenever I accidentally leave my door open when we're bringing in groceries or something since I know the cats wont run away.

Thats helpful! I will ask the vet about that next time we go see her c: Thank you everyone for your replies :)
DoubleONothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:39 am

Ok what is wrong with my cat,at 1;22 this morning she woke me up by scareing my dog out of my room by me-rowing at her and Iam just like why. My cats like half my dogs size why did she chase her out. And when my dogs was out of my room she's still ocationaly maked the noise. Iam confused and worryed. Lily has never done this before,she's kinda scaring me,I've never had her act this way. She's de-sexed so she can't be in heat and about 2-4 years old I think(can't remember when we got her exsactly.)
Does anyone know what might of happened? Why she's suddenly acted that way towards my dog? Who's done nothing to deserve this? Could my cat be sick or in pain? (she doesn't look that way )
Check out this awsome streamer
Adorable pokemon gif's, click to go to the makers deviantart profile.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 am

So I'm looking at getting a kitten fairly soon, I've really been missing Jezebel and Ivan recently and I think I am ready for a new cat.

What do y'all consider the 'basic' supplies that I need to pick up? (Litter box, food/water bowls are of course a given lol)

For some reason I am blanking on what else I need to get before I start seriously looking for the perfect kitten to join the family.

I will be feeding the kitten raw, and plan on harness training it. I'm also going to be building a fully secure outdoor pen that the kitten will get to play in sometimes.

So what all should I pick up? And does anyone have any tricks for harness training?
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:57 am

.Middy. wrote:So I'm looking at getting a kitten fairly soon, I've really been missing Jezebel and Ivan recently and I think I am ready for a new cat.

What do y'all consider the 'basic' supplies that I need to pick up? (Litter box, food/water bowls are of course a given lol)

For some reason I am blanking on what else I need to get before I start seriously looking for the perfect kitten to join the family.

I will be feeding the kitten raw, and plan on harness training it. I'm also going to be building a fully secure outdoor pen that the kitten will get to play in sometimes.

So what all should I pick up? And does anyone have any tricks for harness training?

toys would be another basic one to get, unless you plan to use your hands to play with it and its claws.
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:58 am

What type of toys specifically? None of my previous cats enjoyed toys, so I'm not sure exactly what I should get.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:02 am

.Middy. wrote:What type of toys specifically? None of my previous cats enjoyed toys, so I'm not sure exactly what I should get.

well my cats love things that dangle(including my hair) so try one of those? also we have this circle thing with a ball in it, mums cat loves it, and shes a ragdoll, whos never been very playful.

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:59 am

Scratching posts are definitely necessary! It's good to establish a designated scratching post early on.
Bell toys are popular as well, as are pole toys. if you're gonna harness train, definitely get a few different kinds of treats, and a carrier or crate is something that can be essential even with harness training.

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups