Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby RaineMichael » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 am

When people pick up or hold my cats wrong and people that want to give my cats or dog a bone or bones or food that has something in it I don't allow my pets to have I will throw a hissy fit on the food thing
RaineMichael

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:02 am

I hate when people hold a cat and don't support their paws and butt! The poor cats are like eek!
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ParaKitty » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Aruni4 wrote:I hate when people hold a cat and don't support their paws and butt! The poor cats are like eek!

Oh my gosh yeah! They just lift them by the stomach, or even worse, holding them by their scruff!

Hello there c:
Capricorn sun & moon
Physically & mentally tired
Have a good day ♥

ParaKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Only tiny kittens can do that AND it's reserved for the mom cats! Story time!

One time, my family fostered some kittens-that still suckled! Two, to be exact. So cute! But I never saw the mom carrying the kittens around by the scruff. Which means they only do that when nessacerary. Also, some people hold on to a cat when it wants to jump out of its hands. Even others scare the kitten behind the toilet (we keep them in a bathroom so they can be private) and hate it when they get scratched! Then they're like waah kitten scratched me so mean I was being so nice!

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snarfsnarf » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:15 am

Okay, so I have a border collie named Casper, he's my baaaaby. I love him so much.
He does NOT like change. Like, if a neighbor has a strange car in their driveway when I take him out to pee, he FLIPS OUT. He's terrified of strange things. I probably should have exposed him to more stuff as a puppy but I was really depressed and never left the house, that's why I got him, to make me less depressed...
So yeah a lot of times my friends come over to pick me up so we can go to Sonic or something. I'll tell my friends, "when you come over I'll probably be outside with Casper, I'll put him inside before we go. You can get out of the car if you want but don't expect to pet him 'cause he's still wary of strangers."
So they always get out of the car.
He, not knowing this stranger in his yard, will start barking and the hair on the back of his neck stands up. But you can tell it's a defensive position, on the verge of being aggressive but not quite there. He's not trying to hurt anybody, he's trying to intimidate them into leaving his property.
They always flip out like he's gonna attack them and rip their faces off. They tell me I need to control my dog and then when I talk about my dog any time from then on, they always mention "that one time when Casper attacked them"
and I'm like no... Casper's never attacked anyone. He's just scared and he doesn't understand, and he wants you to go away because he's scared. He won't hurt you. Like. Chill.
( check out my kennel w/ linked banner above! disclaimer: if you sign up with this banner-link I'll get a small reward~~ also, check out my dragons w/ linked images below! no incentive, i just love this game. )
ImageImageImageImage
snarfsnarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:53 am

another thing i forgot to mention that i absolutely hate is when people say i am insane for having a snake. they tell me he will kill me with his "poison" or that he will strangle me. he isn't even poisonous... or venomous! -_-
      and when someone tries to hold him, they treat him with no respect. flinging him around and holding him by the very end of his tail. i hate letting people hold him now!

and i'll be quoting this because i don't think many got to see it...

onyx` wrote:
      i absolutely HATE it when people put bettas and goldfish in small bowls and vases... i mean how would they like it if i threw them in a closet their whole life. they wouldn't like that. but i'd give them food, water, and all their other critical needs so what's the problem? -_-

some people say that they prefer small bowls but that is all myth! i've talked to people about my bettas and they say what they are living in is awful because "it's to large and that can stress them out" and that "the heater will make it too hot in there." there are so many myths on these fish, it's ridiculous! someone once said, "i think a bowl labeled 'betta' should be perfectly fine for a betta." NO! pet stores spread myths so people can buy that junk! so then they get money and can continue making and selling such awful products! no fish, or any animal actually, should live in a 1 gallon or smaller. bettas need a 2.5-10 gallon and ONE goldfish needs at least a 10 gallon. i am not too sure about the the minimal tank size for a goldfish but i know that it is definitely not smaller than ten gallons and i do know they do best in ponds. and bettas need a heater since they are tropical fish! if someone is believing these foolish myths, i direct them to this site here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i hate it when people tell me to bathe my cats. cats can clean themselves just fine and their skin is more sensitive than a dog's. the only time you should give a cat a bath is if they has feces or some harmful chemical on them. bathing cats shouldn't be a regular thing like dogs.

i also hate it when people declaw their cat. maybe people have suggested me to do so because i get scratched by them a lot. what if the cat got out somehow? it has no chance of survival. can't climb a tree, can't fight, can't hunt. my aunt had a declawed outside cat that got attacked by a coyote and died. i know that even with claws, she wouldn't have survived. but that is just sad that she had NO way of defending herself...

another thing... people call me a horrible cat owner for letting my cats outside! they say i don't care about them, but i let them outside because i DO care about them. i don't want them to live their life trapped in a house. if they get killed because of being outside, it'll make me happy knowing they had a good, free, and independent life.
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:54 am

You make a good point. Hey, where did all those betta links in your siggy go?

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blueh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am

another thing i forgot to mention that i absolutely hate is when people say i am insane for having a snake. they tell me he will kill me with his "poison" or that he will strangle me. he isn't even poisonous... or venomous! -_-
and when someone tries to hold him, they treat him with no respect. flinging him around and holding him by the very end of his tail. i hate letting people hold him now!

very much agree with this post ^^;
A lot of the times when I say I own two snakes, people are either like 'ewww it's slimy!" Or we get the 'Oh! Won't it strangle you/poison you if you handle it??'
Um, no. I have two corn snakes; they are not constrictors nor are they venomous. Plus, I trust them enough not to hurt me, anyways. I've had them for a long time and have only got bitten once, and even then it was my fault. They're great pets and amazing companions.

Another thing I hate is when people see my Uromastyx and see her tail and be like, 'it's going to hurt me!' No, she's not. She's very sweet and easy to handle. Just 'cause her tail has spikes on it, doesn't mean that she's going to hurt you with it. In fact, her tail is actually really good and she loves when someone will stroke it gently.

my reptiles (aka my personal pets)
1.1 Uromastyx geyri, 3.1 Uromastyx ornata, 1.0 Uromastyx acanthinurus nigriventris, 2.0 piebald ball pythons, 1.0 puma ball python

i study lizards & bugs and like animals

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
blueh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyjingle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:46 am

I really dislike it when I go to fairs with my alpaca and people try to pet her on the top of her head over and over, which no llama or alpaca likes. Also, we've had people
Be very disrespectful and rude to her older brother and a llama that lives with them because they have overgrown teeth that require floating every so often. :c it's just mean.
jellyjingle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animalluvr9 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:31 pm

My older cat doesn't like strangers, so my friends think she is evil when they're shoving their hands in her face! RAWR!
Animalluvr9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me