LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:04 am

DaniVik wrote:Hello!
Has anybody experiences with rabbit coat genetics?

A friend and me are planning to bred our rabbits and we just want to know which colours we could get.... can anybody help us? The rabbits are not purebreed, so they don't have to be homozygous...

DOE: Pina, black (solid)
mother: harlequin with dutch markings, blue eyes
father: blue (solid)

BUCK: Kovu, broken magpie with sallandar markings
mother: Nala, broken tort
father: "Lilly" (lol, the owners tought he is a doe), magpie (he carries the genetical information for "blue eyes", because he has a son with blue eyes)

So, can anybody help us?

Oh wow... sounds like you could get pretty much anything out of that. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 am

Update:

Waffles and the other animals did really well on the flight. On the plane there just so happened to be an empty seat next to me, so I put a blanket down and let Waffles sit on it. She did really well, and of course drew a lot of attention towards us. I thought she may feel safer inside of the kennel that I brought her in, but she preferred being out on the seat next to me. Basically I made sure she was hydrated and then whenever we had to put our seat belts on I basically just set her in the kennel and put it next to me so she could still see me and she wouldn't be scared. I thought it was going to be a lot harder, but Waffles is a trooper :) She did awesome!

โ„‚๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

๐”ธ๐•ž๐•“๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค

โ„๐•–๐•ค๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•—๐•ฆ๐•๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

๐”ป๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐••

"๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น. ๐น๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ธ๐“€๐“ˆ."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:37 am

I got my trio of Mini Lops today! I'm so excited! :D

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:42 am

Just a question, whenever you guys feed your rabbits do they act like they are starving like constantly?
Every morning I give 1/4 cup of pellets to both Simba and Waffles. As well as unlimited hay, and then fresh veggies to snack on through out the day. I only feed them pellets once a day. Simba is fine, he has never acted like he was starved before. But Waffles whenever I bring the pellets out she jumps around tries to take the food from me before I am able to pour it, tries shoving her face in the bag and everything. I feed them well, but I am not sure why she is acting like I don't feed her.... is that normal?

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

"๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น. ๐น๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ธ๐“€๐“ˆ."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:47 am

Ella Bear wrote:Just a question, whenever you guys feed your rabbits do they act like they are starving like constantly?
Every morning I give 1/4 cup of pellets to both Simba and Waffles. As well as unlimited hay, and then fresh veggies to snack on through out the day. I only feed them pellets once a day. Simba is fine, he has never acted like he was starved before. But Waffles whenever I bring the pellets out she jumps around tries to take the food from me before I am able to pour it, tries shoving her face in the bag and everything. I feed them well, but I am not sure why she is acting like I don't feed her.... is that normal?

Completely normal. At veggie time, all our bunnies go basically crazy. x3 Chewing on the pen bars, jumping up, etc. Honestly, that's normal for almost any animal. Same for our cats, hamster, and guinea pigs!
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:13 am

Ella Bear wrote:Just a question, whenever you guys feed your rabbits do they act like they are starving like constantly?

Sounds like Tennyson. He has yet to have bite me, but he's bitten my sister trying to dig into his food while she's filling his rack or dish.

It is SO hard to get a pic of this little guy! Got this one when he hopped back into his cage for a snack.
Image Image
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช
Image Image Image Image Image
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
โ–๏ผค๏ผฉ๏ผธ๏ผฉ๏ผฅ โ–๏ผฉ๏ผฎ๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผก โ–๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผด

โ•ญ ..........................โ•ฎ
ษช แด€แด แด›สœแด‡ แดแด€แด… แด‹แด‡แด‡แด˜แด‡ส€
Haru โ€ข Mako โ€ข Nagisa
Rei โ€ข Rin โ€ข Momo
Sousuke โ€ข Nitori

โ•ฐ ......................... โ•ฏ

CSCC โœฆ Iwatobi โœฆ Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 am

Waffles has bit my mom before when she tried feeding them. She even like knocked over the food bowl just to get to the food :p
For a while my mom was questioning whether I was feeding her enough or not, I told her I was but she didn't believe me. But yeah your right, my dogs act like they are starving whenever my mom pulls the treats out, so it's the same thing.

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:05 am

Kenna does this. E'ER DAY.
My family is always either telling me that Kenna must be starving and when did I feed her last OR that she's fat.
PICK ONE, PEOPLE.
Srsly.

But yes, Kenna has always been bonkers about food. Pellets are the bees knees to her but anything will do. She runs in circles when I get her food ready and charges the bowl before I can pour it. She has nipped me once maybe (I just distract her or smoosh her down gently for a moment) and I know she nipped my mom or friend once (whoever I had feeding her while I was gone), but she doesn't really purposefully or aggressively bite down.

Kenna also gets a limited amount of pellets, unlimited hay, and veggies. She's just food obsessed.

My friend's younger sister got a rabbit. He's over a year old she said, so I guess she's had him for a while and I just never heard about it (I hadn't seen her in a few years anyway). He's cute, but she lives in a different city and he's not neutered. I'm curious to see how she likes having a bunny! She is in culinary school so he probably has a decent diet; she's a pretty sensible girl (she's like 22).
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby todayistheday12 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 am

I have two male lion head, mini lops, both three years old and neutered, but they have started fighting, most the time for no reason. They live in the same hutch, but they are fine in the hutch, it's just when we put them in the playpen when the slightly submissive rabbit (Timmy) goes crazy at my other one (Simba). But when we take them away from each other then put them back, they seem to love each other again. Can someone please explain? I know it has nothing to do with the noises going on around them because it is noisier in their hutch then in the playpen due to the hutch being closer to my neighbours house who have two dogs who bark for most of the night and what feels like half the day.
Please help
Last edited by todayistheday12 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ใ‚ชใ‚ชใ‚ซใƒŸ๋Š‘๋Œ€

ๆฐ—ใ‚’ใคใ‘๏ผ็งใฏKPOPใฎใ‚ขใƒ‹ใƒกใซใฏใพใฃใฆ

์ฃผ์˜! ๋‚˜๋Š” ์ผ€์ดํŒ๊ณผ ์• ๋‹ˆ๋ฉ”์ด์…˜์— ์ค‘๋…๋˜์–ด ์žˆ์–ด์š”
todayistheday12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:48 pm

My first feed store rabbit. lol I just couldn't leave her... too cute!! She is a Harlequin/Californian/Flemish Giant. :lol: Her body type is leaning towards Flemish at the moment. She is super cute and sweet though. I was surprised at how calm she was. I named her Gyda. :mrgreen:
Attachments
gyda.jpg
gyda.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 37 times

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items