Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Raire » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 am

He is friend shaped. <3

Today I got to finally film a short video of two buns binkying around. It was so cute watching them practically dance around each other. :3c
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Adonice Update:
A wonderful family with a young boy adopted spunky little D. Maybe my fastest foster yet, so proud of the little guy <3

@Raire
why would anyone waste time on cat videos when you could watch rabbits binkying :)

On a side note.. I've been thinking about re-opening my rabbitry. I miss it as my hobby and passion and my life is much more mellow than it was a few year ago. I can also embarrassingly put out that I've been non-stop rabbit surfing the past few days looking for a doe to start back up with (My blue girl is retired young c: ) and holy cow is it hard to walk away with just one :'D
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 am

drift. wrote:
@Raire
why would anyone waste time on cat videos when you could watch rabbits binkying :)

On a side note.. I've been thinking about re-opening my rabbitry. I miss it as my hobby and passion and my life is much more mellow than it was a few year ago. I can also embarrassingly put out that I've been non-stop rabbit surfing the past few days looking for a doe to start back up with (My blue girl is retired young c: ) and holy cow is it hard to walk away with just one :'D

Right!?
Cats are old by now, bunnies binkying is still new. And cuter. And they even jumped over each other, I felt so blessed. <3

:') If I could, I'd have bought a thousand buns.
_________ Image

Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaiserbakura » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 am

Is Costal Hay (BermudaGrass Hay) OK for a bunny to eat/bed with? I can get it fairly cheap where I live and I was wondering if it was safe for bunnies?

We have a dwarf lopped eared
Find what you're looking for. Always Trading PFQ stuff for CS stuff.
Kaiserbakura's Trade Shop

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

The Liepard

Custom sprite made for me by The_Ashen_Arrow on PFQ
kaiserbakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 am

Raire wrote:
drift. wrote:
@Raire

Right!?
Cats are old by now, bunnies binkying is still new. And cuter. And they even jumped over each other, I felt so blessed. <3

:') If I could, I'd have bought a thousand buns.

haha, yeah!
they're such great little buns hh
kaiserbakura wrote:Is Costal Hay (BermudaGrass Hay) OK for a bunny to eat/bed with? I can get it fairly cheap where I live and I was wondering if it was safe for bunnies?

I'm pretty sure it's okay, the only problem is rabbits might not like the taste that much?? I'm not fully sure though so you might want to get some more answers from more people as I might not be the best source for your question ^^
Last edited by acadicus on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby violent herbivore. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am

kaiserbakura wrote:Is Costal Hay (BermudaGrass Hay)  OK for a bunny to eat/bed with?  I can get it fairly cheap where I live and I was wondering if it was safe for bunnies?

Any grass hay is safe for rabbits. There aren't really any toxic grasses, at least not any that are commonly made into hay, so I wouldn't personally worry about it. Your rabbit will likely take to it just fine as well. Timothy may be one of the more common hays for small pets, but that seems to be more because that's just what happens to be marketed to city dwellers/pet store goers, not because it's the best or only choice.

violent herbivore.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 pm

violent herbivore. wrote:
kaiserbakura wrote:Is Costal Hay (BermudaGrass Hay)  OK for a bunny to eat/bed with?  I can get it fairly cheap where I live and I was wondering if it was safe for bunnies?

Any grass hay is safe for rabbits. There aren't really any toxic grasses, at least not any that are commonly made into hay, so I wouldn't personally worry about it. Your rabbit will likely take to it just fine as well. Timothy may be one of the more common hays for small pets, but that seems to be more because that's just what happens to be marketed to city dwellers/pet store goers, not because it's the best or only choice.

Meanwhile in Germany: almost no timothy. XD

Mixed hay is still the best for any rabbit to have diversity, I buy mine directly from farmers who offer mixed packs. All of mine definitely prefer this to store bought hay.
Have to feed them store bought hay right now, because the farmer sent my order a bit later than usual, so I'm still waiting for it. They are not amused about it and gave me the stink eye.

@bunnyish
So cute!! Mine don't hold still, so it's not possible to do that for me. The only thing I did was put one treat on the forehead, but the look I got was priceless. Have to search for that pic again :'D
_________ Image

Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 am

@raire
yeah they can be a little squirmy x'D but i'd love to see the pic if you can find it!

does anyone else love dwarf hotots?? i think the black patches around their eyes make
them suuuper darn cute though personally not as cute as my bunnies tbh
much chub
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pebbles3338 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 am

I own 3 bunnies they are outdoor (I wish they were Indoor) but I'll answer any questions about them!
Pebbles3338

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Just adopted a little boy and drove 8 hours to take him home. He was going to be raised for meat and he was housed in a poorly sheltered run exposed to rain and wind with no hay. He’s so cute though I’m so glad I could save him ^w^
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me