Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Lady_Lycana » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:49 am

Skysong wrote:
Lady_Lycana wrote:My secuirty system is useless. Absolutely useless

Oh same 😂

Thor and Lilly watch the new person come in and don’t bark until the person is already inside. 😂

Three pits just layi g on the couch when their job is to gaurd the front door when everyone is sleeping by the time i get home
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:26 am

eleutheromania wrote:
LizzytheWolf wrote:@eleutheromania & @Gamora.

I know they don't like him because they will make subtle comments, as if addressing the other students. I sat in the front for the first four days of school and was unsurprised to see Justin was not fazed by anything going on. He very rarely loses focus.
I don't know what I would say to the principal as I have confronted her twice as well as my guidance counselor and the school psychologist.

You'll need to document and keep going up the chain until something is done unfortunately. Sit where you need to sit, let the teachers know you need to sit there and not be secluded to the back of the class. record the class if you have to do document them making you go to the back. be respectful and just continue to go up until something is done. if the prinicipal isn't taking action, go above them to the school board as this is an issue shouldn't be allowed. Keep adamant about the issue until someone does something.

I would go to the supervisor of the school system. If that doesn't work, find a place to file a complaint about not adhering to ADA laws and not being inclusive to students.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 am

M A P L E S H A D E wrote:
Keen wrote:
Keen wrote:Does anyone know of a no-chew spray that actually works? Tried a Bitter Cherry one by a brand that we really like for other products, but my dog is just licking it off of the objects XD

Maybe try the bitter lemon spray or natures miracle spray? What is your dog chewing on? if its the sides of furniture I recommend double sided pet tape on the corners or bottom.

She is tiny so we have her in a "fenced in" area in our living room while she is growing. She is small enough to fit under the sofa to get out of that area though, so I have a smaller 9" tall "fence" in front of the sofa so she can't get under it, but she can just move the little fence out of the way so we have three stones holding it in place. Figured she couldn't chew those as opposed to books or some other heavy thing, but she scrapes her teeth on them and I am worried shes going to hurt her teeth. She's a special one lol
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:11 am

@eleutheromania

Oh my, Kuma got more for his birthday than my one year old toddler did :lol:

-------

We've begun a weight loss program for Lucky because he has gotten quite overweight since we took him in. I've always told my husband he deserves to be HEALTHY, not fat. So we're feeding him less and taking him on walks now, which is good for all of us. Going at night until it's cooler outside (we're in Texas so it's still summer) We have a large acre+ yard, but that doesn't do a whole lot for a generally lazy dog. So, walks for him it is. Starting it slow with just going down the street and back (we have very long streets as the houses are far apart) and hopefully we can work it up to going around a block or two and eventually running the majority of the time.
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 am

-
Last edited by shadow~wolf on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:40 pm

hmm
the dog my family and i were looking to adopt got adopted before we could go get an interview to see if we are a good fit
a little upsetting, but im not discouraged!! ill keep looking
do you guys know if petfinder.com is reliable?

Don't loose heart, there are a lot of good dogs out there. You'll end up finding one you love even more.
I know a couple people here, and the general consensus seem to really like petfinder.
I haven't had such good experiences with it, but I think there were several other factors petfinder did the best they could.

Gizmo had a dog really go after him the other day at the dog park. The dog that went after him, is one that has been causing problemsfor a few weeks. I know it went after another puppy Gizmo plays with often with no provocation. It wasn't great. The owner takes absolutely no responsibility, and takes the dog to the park 3 times a day. Lots of people are not really happy about it.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:04 pm

I took the worst girl out to play some agility the other day and as you can see she had a fun time 😂 didn’t actually get any pics of her doing agility, just some of us playing because she’s a goof.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm

sodapop. wrote:hmm
the dog my family and i were looking to adopt got adopted before we could go get an interview to see if we are a good fit
a little upsetting, but im not discouraged!! ill keep looking
do you guys know if petfinder.com is reliable?

Aw I’m sorry, that happened to me quite a few times before we finally got Kahlua. I’d say don’t get discouraged! There are plenty of dogs who need homes out there, you’ll find the one. I can’t speak for everyone, but personally I’ve had excellent experiences with petfinder and know others who have as well. It’s where both Kahlua and Honey were found, as well as one of my cats. The rescue I volunteer at works through petfinder as well, so I’d say go for it! Of course once you find the pup you’d like it’s best to work with the rescue’s website directly from there if you can. Best of luck! Adopting a dog is such a rewarding experience, one of the best feelings in the world. Not only did you get a wonderful new dog, but you saved a life. How rad is that? I think it’s pretty cool.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Took Lucky and Wendy around the block tonight (a little over a mile)!! Lucky didn't like it but he got through it. It's good for me too because although I'm a healthy weight, I have scoliosis so walking is supposed to be good for my back.

Does anyone else have a dog that HATES wearing a harness? Wendy does. It's like her soul is sucked out of her when we put it on her and she runs from us when we are trying to put it on her. Been like this since she was around 9-ish months old. It's very weird because she has worn harnesses since she was a puppy and has always gone WAY more places she loves than places she dislikes (like the dog park vs. the vet). I'm hoping by taking her on more walks she will associate it better with happy feelings (though that really should already be the case)
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me