Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby Bluesky213 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

Spearow wrote:Well I haven't posted about this yet. My darling boy Atticus has passed away. It has been some time now, but I never posted an update on here. I'm sad to not have any fish right now but I think I need a break from the heartache after my fish previous to Atticus had a tumor and various other upsetting problems.

So, right now I'm fishless. I continued to care for my tank while my little golden inca snail was still alive and well. She was one of my favorite little critters to have, and I was worried about choosing another betta to house with her in the event it was aggressive. So I let her keep the whole tank to herself in her remaining days. She was such a joy to have. I loved her, she was my little sea monster. She and Atticus were so cool together and would often check each other out.

Ah I miss my crew, but I think for now I need a break from the aquarium life. </3

Sorry for your loss, was Atticus a Betta?

Sea monster is what I called our blue mystery snail too, mostly because I was scared of him. He died last week, but I think a year is a decent life for a mystery. Went out and got a tiny baby zebra snail yesterday to keep our betta from getting lonely.

Anyway, good luck on your break from aquariums. :)

Edit: oops did I have to fill this out, I'm sorry I just love fish

Username: Bluesky213
How many fish tanks do you have: 2, 5 gallon and 33 gallon
Types of fish that you have: Betta, angel, mollies, tetras
Your fishs' names:
How long have you had fish: couple years
Bluesky213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am

I've finally decided to get my betta a (non fish) friend!! I'm purchasing a snail this weekend while getting filter refills to help keep the tank a bit cleaner. Orchid has been fairing rather well, and only had a minor swim bladder problem. I caught it early and dealt with it, so he's doing a lot better now. It's my first time caring for a betta so I want the best for him. <3
Hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Tue May 14, 2019 5:37 am

Jun. wrote:Hi its me again
So I've decided not to go with blackwater since I'm just starting out with the fish keeping hobby and want to start simple so I know how much I can handle for future plans.

If I want to it to be simple (simple as in 'easy' to manage rather than simple looking) but still be able to create a nice aquascape, how many plants could I get away with having in the tank? Since it's a 20gal, I have a fair amount of space to work with.
Also, I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I plan on getting a snail or 2 along with the betta to help with cleaning and to give my future betta some company.

Depending on what 'style' of scape you are going for even only 2-3 different plants might cut it and even for more complex ones I wouldn't get more than 5-10 different ones. Take it from someone with 30-something gal tank, when you actually start to get the plant groups to the size you want you will realise there actually isn't that much space if you want your fish to still have space to swim around and all the plants get enough light instead of shading each other.
I would recommend starting with few species you absolutely want and think will survive in your set up, and then expand from there. And don't buy several pots of same species before you are sure it's going to be okay in your tank.

One of my endlers is giving birth (baby count so far around 10) and my apisto female has also randomly decided today that she would like to spawn... :roll: Male apisto is still not quite on board with the plan, but lets the female use his cave, so I guess it's going to be matter of time. The female is still quite small, like I think she's half as big as the male, so we shall see if anything actually happens.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Tue May 14, 2019 10:11 am

Bluesky213 wrote:
Spearow wrote:-snip-

Sorry for your loss, was Atticus a Betta?

Sea monster is what I called our blue mystery snail too, mostly because I was scared of him. He died last week, but I think a year is a decent life for a mystery. Went out and got a tiny baby zebra snail yesterday to keep our betta from getting lonely.

Anyway, good luck on your break from aquariums. :)

Thank you. <3 He was a gold/yellow crowntail betta. My snail's name was The Tempest but I liked calling her a little sea monster xD she was so cute like a little nessie. I'll try to get some pictures off my other phone. c:
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:33 pm

I BEG OF YOU ALL FOR HELP

I GOT A L O V E L Y RED CROWNTAIL W BLACK FIN TIPS AND HES SO GORGEOUS
BUT I DO NOT HAVE A NAME

PLS NAME MY FISH FOR ME IDK HOW TO POST PICTURES ON MOBILE BUT I WANT SOMETHING MIDEVIL SOUNDING OR LIKE SOMETHING A DRAGON WOUKD BE NAMED
MANY BLESS

Also I have 11 apple snail babies im freakin out they're all named collectively Alfred
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plus Ultra » Wed May 15, 2019 1:07 pm

I kinda need some help, i have three angel fish and four guppies.
I read some where that guppy are peaceful fish and when angelfish are growing the will become more on the aggressive side. I already had to burry two other fishes cause of this black angel fish i have(it was bullying them in a way i guess) And at the moment its causing stress to the other fish in my tank (mainly the guppies) and the seem to be losing their tails in chunks. Would it be better for me to get the Black Angelfish out of the tank and let the more peaceful ones stay?
(Im very sorry if this isnt the place to ask and if there is a better place to ask please direct me towards it)
Plus Ultra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice. » Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Username: .Tyree.
How many fish tanks do you have: 1 (with 4 fish in it)
Types of fish that you have: 3 cloud-fish and 1 female beta
Your fishs' names: The cloud-fish are Storm, Dew and Mist and the beta's name is Bubbles
How long have you had fish: (do not share your age!) Currently these have been in my tank for 2ish months. Many years ago I had goldfish and we finally got the tank up and running again!

You can see my beta here. The tank that I have is a 2 gallon tank. I have been wondering about getting some sort of pleco for the tank. Does anyone have any experience with them?
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Plus Ultra wrote:I kinda need some help, i have three angel fish and four guppies.
I read some where that guppy are peaceful fish and when angelfish are growing the will become more on the aggressive side. I already had to burry two other fishes cause of this black angel fish i have(it was bullying them in a way i guess) And at the moment its causing stress to the other fish in my tank (mainly the guppies) and the seem to be losing their tails in chunks. Would it be better for me to get the Black Angelfish out of the tank and let the more peaceful ones stay?
(Im very sorry if this isnt the place to ask and if there is a better place to ask please direct me towards it)

If the angelfish is very nippy towards the guppies and territorial, to the point of the guppies getting injured, then yes the easy solution is to remove the angelfish. Tank size and decoration might also have effect to the behavior. So large enough tank that the guppies aren't always at angel's face and plenty of hiding places/things that break the line of sight for the fish.

.Tyree. wrote:Username: .Tyree.
How many fish tanks do you have: 1 (with 4 fish in it)
Types of fish that you have: 3 cloud-fish and 1 female beta
Your fishs' names: The cloud-fish are Storm, Dew and Mist and the beta's name is Bubbles
How long have you had fish: (do not share your age!) Currently these have been in my tank for 2ish months. Many years ago I had goldfish and we finally got the tank up and running again!

You can see my beta here. The tank that I have is a 2 gallon tank. I have been wondering about getting some sort of pleco for the tank. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Please don't get a pleco. Your tank is too small for any sort of pleco. Even smallest plecos tend to grow to 10cm and many grow much larger, and they are also quite messy fish with high bioload.
Also if the cloud-fish are white clouds, preferably they would need to be in a bigger tank and in larger group.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice. » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Hime wrote:
.Tyree. wrote:snip

Please don't get a pleco. Your tank is too small for any sort of pleco. Even smallest plecos tend to grow to 10cm and many grow much larger, and they are also quite messy fish with high bioload.
Also if the cloud-fish are white clouds, preferably they would need to be in a bigger tank and in larger group.

We have orange clouds. Would you recommend for us to get some more and if so how many? Thank you for the information on the plecos.

Edit: I just asked my dad and he said the tank that we have is a 10 gallon not a 2 gallon. Sorry for that mistake. But yes, it is a 10 gallon not a 2 gallon.

Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

.Earl Gray. wrote:PLS NAME MY FISH FOR ME IDK HOW TO POST PICTURES ON MOBILE BUT I WANT SOMETHING MIDEVIL SOUNDING OR LIKE SOMETHING A DRAGON WOUKD BE NAMED
MANY BLESS

Aldrich
Caldwell (means cold well in old english)
Wymer
Woodruff
yeah idk those are some medieval kind of names.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes