Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby .Middy. » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Main reason I’m doing IGP (I’m still not use to the switch lol) over anything else is it’s the closest to me. His breeder is also currently training with that club, so since he’s my first dog to start in this sort of sport, I want to have her there to help me along lol. I’m hoping I can convince her to take him soon and get him started in it, I unfortunately have had to put a lot of OB on him to be able to come to work with me, so I’m really excited to let her kinda break all his rules and get a little psycho again.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:21 am

.Middy. wrote:I do sports with mine! Kestrel the Aussie is my first agility dog, and we are turning into a pretty awesome team now that she’s more mature. Hoping to debut her in the next few months. I also want to try Rally with her.

Octavia is my almost two year old border collie. She is competing in Dock diving already, and just had her first conformation show where she took Best of Breed twice! She’s training in agility, rally, disc, nosework and herding as well. Hope to debut her in all of them this winter/next spring!

Bones is my 17 week old Malinois puppy. He also competed in his first confo show this weekend. He took herding puppy group 2 for both of his shows this weekend! I will also be doing agility, rally, nosework, Dock, disc, hopefully herding, and I want to try bitework too (IPO to be exact)

The two on the right also compete/train in a variety of sports but aren’t mine lol

wait he is now yours? :o ....when did this happened? :shock: i did think i read he was with you for some time for training?
and do you already know, when you will do x-ray and that, to see if he can do this sports? So you maybe do want to breed him when he is healthy and done all test in show and sport?

good luck with your two girl :D

Had a look into why IGP and not IPO now.... as i did not know this did happened this year....

and you cant really start into first part of ipo bevor 18month... you need to start into health and temperament test by a judge bevor this too, atleast from what i still know.^^

And are you already a member of them, this can take some month till it gone through, and if he got right tattoo-microship, hip elbow evalution and is accepted by club

.....but you know...bitework is only a tiny part in IPO or IGP or Schutzhund and not all they do^^? if not you may need to lok a bit more into this....absolute control and obedience then tracking are big parts, then protection and then bite ^^

The sport IGP "international gebrauchshund prufung" international working dog test) no longer known as IPO "international prufung Ordnund" and formerly known as schutzhund, IGP can now include many non-german sheperd breeds. Both are a three-part training and sport that inclues tracking, obedience and protection. The schutzhund standards for the third part, protection work, are similar to those for dogs in police work. ....
https://www.gsdtotal.com/site/schutzhund.html

---
Very simple overview of the significant changes:
1. The name will now be “IGP” - –“International Gebrauchshund Prufung” (International Working Dog Test), no longer IPO –“International Prufung Ordnund”
2. BH- the heeling pattern will be slightly shorter but will still include on and off leash heeling.
3. IGP1-2-3 levels of track will have 3 articles, each worth 7 points for a total of 21 points for articles.
4. The FH, FH2, and IPO FH will remain basically unchanged.
5. In all Obedience the distance the handler will throw the dumbbell is more clearly defined as approximately 10 meters, the height of the hurtle and wall remain the same. The jump will have to have a top board that allows it to pivot if touched and then return to its starting position.The minimum distance from the jump or wall is defined as 4 meters (no longer 5 paces). The scoring for the send-out exercise scoring is more clearly defined.
6. The IGP Obedience will change slightly in the IGP1 to exclude the retrieve over the wall and instead have a recall over the wall without the retrieve. In both IGP2-3 there are no significant changes proposed.
7. The IGP protection will still include pressure and stick contact (padded stick hits) and an “Attack on the Dog Out of Motion” (long bite/courage test) at all levels but done slightly different from current for level 1 -2. There are some changes in all levels most significantly in the IGP1.
8. The IGP1 will no longer require a blind search of the # 5 blind, the dog will instead be sent directly into the #6 blind (find blind). The handler will be allowed in IGP1 to leash the dog during pickup and transport exercises.
9. The IGP2 will no longer have an “Attack Out of Back Transport”, but will have an additional Reattack (defense) exercise with no stick contact after the “Attack on Dog Out of Motion” (long bite/courage test) like the IGP3.
10. The Attack on the Dog Out of Motion (long bite / courage test) for the IGP1 and 2 will not require the helper to return to the blind and then run out to the mid-line and towards the dog/handler instead the helper will remain mid field after the last defense exercise and the handler will pick up the dog and heel away down the mid-line of the field to a distance of approximately 30 meters away for the IGP1, 40 meters away for the IGP2 then the handler will stop and turn towards the helper where the judge will signal the exercise to begin.
11. The IGP3 does not change from our current IPO3 in any phase.
12. Additional sporting titles are slightly changed or added, examples are the IPO V no longer has protection it will only be tracking and obedience, countries will be allowed to offer FPr (TR) 1-2-3, UPr (OB) 1-2-3, BgH 1-2-3 (obedience with additional exercises like retrieves, send out etc), APR 1-2-3 (obedience and protection), and a ZTP for organizations using this as a breed test.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:59 am

@Luzien; Middy was first watching bones for her friend and then it was decided she would keep him.
also his parents are fully health tested and OFA tested, Middy has know Malady( bone’s mother ) for
quite some time. his breeder also does bite work, as does his mother so I’m sure Middy knows all this
and that his breeders plan to help her along the way with getting into the sport and introducing the sleeve etc.
also, in the usa, not many people tattoo microchip numbers, it isn’t a standard practice here.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 am

Yeah Bones has been mine since like a week after I got him as a trial run. He fit in perfectly with my girls and is turning into a fantastic puppy.

As Eleutheromania said, that’s not really how any of that works here. His siblings have all been in training for whichever bitework sport they are doing since like 8 weeks old. Bones I had to put a lot of obedience on in order to come to work with me, but we are now starting to encourage him to let his crazy out more.

He will be OFA’d once older, but I doubt he will be bred. That would be up to his breeder entirely, doesn’t matter to me either way lol.

Right now his main focus will be conformation and dock diving, but we will hopefully start joining his breeder at her IGP club soon.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 am

-
Last edited by shadow~wolf on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pangolin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Guys, guys, guys, I bought my dogs Halloween costumes/hoodies and I'm obsessed.
Honey, Dexter, and Sadie.

No one else was as excited as I was so I had to come here so you guys could "AWWWW" with me.
Last edited by Pangolin on Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
{ Pangolin - Call Me Pan }
| Dexter | Honey | Sadie | Athena&Rhea | Rusty | Parker |
Pangolin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Pangolin wrote:Guys, guys, guys, I bought my dogs Halloween costumes/hoodies and I'm obsessed.
Honey, Dexter, and Sadie.

No one else was as excited as I was so I had to come here so you guys could "AWWWW" with me.

I want to aww but your pictures aren’t showing when I click them. D:
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pangolin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Human Rayla wrote:I want to aww but your pictures aren’t showing when I click them. D:

Sorry, I'm dumb and grabbed the wrong links, lol, the work now!
{ Pangolin - Call Me Pan }
| Dexter | Honey | Sadie | Athena&Rhea | Rusty | Parker |
Pangolin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Thank you, I love seeing dogs in Halloween costumes. I’m not sure which my favorite is, they’re all so cute! It’s getting me excited to pick one out for my dog Wick. :D

Anyone else plan on dressing their dogs up?
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:33 pm

Human Rayla wrote:Thank you, I love seeing dogs in Halloween costumes. I’m not sure which my favorite is, they’re all so cute! It’s getting me excited to pick one out for my dog Wick. :D

Anyone else plan on dressing their dogs up?

I am! (also, those pictures are adorable). Kahlua is going out as a banana, Honey is going as a bunny (because of her nickname "Honey Bunny", and Gidget will also be going as a bunny because she's 17 years old and the non-costumiest costume for a 17 year old pup was a bunny. Outside of my pups, I may as well mention the other critters too. Mia is dressing as a sailor, Marilyn a dragon, Roo is wearing a top hat made of construction paper, and the foster kittens will be wearing whatever guinea pig costumes we can find, because they're just so gosh darn tiny. I'm excited to see what you end up doing for Wick c:
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes