Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby SnowStar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 am

So I have a curious question: How long did it take you to name your buns? Where they already named or did you name them?

I got my rescue bun, and I got her Mom as well! Both don't have names yet (I've been calling them Momma Bun and Baby Bun until I can find something better. xD) and it is driving me nuts trying to find names that actually fit them. I'm so bad at finding names for pets it took me over a week to name my guinea pigs. Mom is 4 years old, and Baby is 4 months old. Both are New Zealand black buns and they are huuuge.

I'll try to post a pic or two of them soon. My camera died as soon as I decided to take pictures of them so I only have two really crappy quality pictures at the moment (I still need to resize them for cs). :3
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gowonnie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 am

SnowStar wrote:So I have a curious question: How long did it take you to name your buns? Where they already named or did you name them?

I got my rescue bun, and I got her Mom as well! Both don't have names yet (I've been calling them Momma Bun and Baby Bun until I can find something better. xD) and it is driving me nuts trying to find names that actually fit them. I'm so bad at finding names for pets it took me over a week to name my guinea pigs. Mom is 4 years old, and Baby is 4 months old. Both are New Zealand black buns and they are huuuge.

I'll try to post a pic or two of them soon. My camera died as soon as I decided to take pictures of them so I only have two really crappy quality pictures at the moment (I still need to resize them for cs). :3

I own three rabbits. I bought 2 of them from a breeder and named them in advance. They are named Luna (female) and Thumper (male). Luna recently had a litter of 6 kittens. We kept one and named her Lily. Everyone in the family put a name in the hat and the name Lily was picked out. I hope this helps <3
🍎 ORBIT , MOA , ONCE 🍎
eng + kor - student and kpop collector
they/them pronouns please ! virgo <3

gowonnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:25 am

SnowStar wrote:So I have a curious question: How long did it take you to name your buns? Where they already named or did you name them?

It took me about 2 weeks I guess?
Don't remember the exact time, but I let them settle for a few days and watched them closely until I could see their different characters.

My thoughts may sound a bit strange, but it was a bit like this:
Papa bun behaved like everything is his -> "MINE MINE MINE" -> like a selfish king -> googling German kings -> choosing a nice name.
So papa bun is now officially named King Philipp, Flip for short. :3
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm the hungriest person you'll meet. 3 out of 4 of my bunnies were named after food (Oreo, Cheese, Cream) and now my new bunny, Mochi.

I don't put much thought into my names, which seems kind of bad now that I say it.
From my experience, names don't really matter since all my bunnies react to just kissy noises or me clapping my hands or me shaking their food box. :P

Really, just study their personality and see what name fits them!

EDIT: I'm hoping I can be more active on this forum :0 I rarely talk here...
ଘ(ΰ©­*ΛŠα΅•Λ‹)ΰ©­* ΰ©ˆβ™‘β€§β‚ŠΛš potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm

All three of mine are rescue buns and I kept their original names! I've always renamed my pets but for my buns, well, my first I just never found something to fit him better (plus he already knew and responded to his name). My newest addition used to be my friend's rabbit so I never had the heart to change it even if I'd wanted to (but I didn't really - it's cute). My middle kid just has a very pretty name!

George, Jasmine, and Peaches, in the order I got them c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Easterrabbit2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Honestly, I named my bun the second I got him XD. My rabbit was a gift from my aunt, who owns buns and had waaaayy too many. I usually go based on the colors of the pet, the gender (If you know it for sure), or the first impression I get of them. Hence, my rabbit named Oreo, because he's black and white, with his back being black and belly white. Kind of like an Oreo cookie! That's sort of basically how I name pets in general! (Also, hi. I'm Easterrabbit2 and I've been stalking this thread but never posting for months...)
Hello, I'm Easterrabbit2! I'm a mobile user. I've been a member since 2016! I don't log in as often anymore but I'll never miss an event, especially Easter :3
Former artist/moderator of Pixel Pups (you will be missed o7)
I drew my own pfp!!

Easterrabbit2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Honestly I'm no pro at naming...Boonz was originally named rocky because I couldn't think of anything else (I was expecting a female bun!). So I was calling him Rocky but idk it wasn't really a great bunny name, and I could tell my mom didn't like it. She had taken to calling him Boonz because through the process of getting him I always said, "oh i cant wait to get a bunny!" which turned to "oh i cant wait to get a bun bun!" which turned to boon boon which turned to boonz xD it fits him perfectly tho...my little mister boonz!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jade, » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:46 am

ahh I can't believe im posting on this thread! I used to stalk this thread for your cute bunbuns but ah! I have my own loved bun bun now ^^ sooo.. I need name suggestions! I cant thinl of a name lol.. sad. Welp, Here are some pictures of her below:
β˜… β˜… β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
πŽπ… 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β˜…
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

jay | she/her | sep. 2
hihi im jade/jay, im n
ot very active on this
site anymore but still
feel free to pm me <3

β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

β˜… ────── πŒπ”π‘π€π‹π’ 𝐎𝐍
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
──────────
coding shop
art shop
coding cred

──────────
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
────────┐
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
───────
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β˜…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ππ”π“
β˜…
jade,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:49 am

^ aaah jade she's so precious! ^
Do you know much about her personality yet?? That could be a big help!
buuut ;)

Pippa
Guinevere
Minky
Miss Hopkins(this one is just a funny nickname I call Smokie when she's in one of her moods)
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:56 am

Quite a few of ours came with names, or have had only minor changes - the original pair were Tee and Jazz, which we kept (not least because I worked with their previous owner, so couldn't really change them), Bramble and Ronni also kept their names, Fidget was originally Figgit, and Saffy (Saffron for best) was originally Sophie.

The two we did rename took about an afternoon each I would think, of fairly sustained effort and staring at the animal.

Arly (Arlecchino) was originally Snipper, we really didn't like that. He is a very bad Dutch, with one front quarter white, so we wanted something along the Harlequin line, but didn't like Harley for him. Arlecchino is the Italian version of Harlequin, just because.

Hattie - she was originally called Glamour (why?!), when she was rescued from a life in a packing case the rescue didn't like that and renamed her Flopsy. Over my dead body was I having a rabbit called Flopsy. After a lot of thought and suggestions (for the space of half an hour she was Hermione) we decided that Hattie suited her. Also in honour of Hattie Jacques who had just died that week (if you know who she was then you are a) probably British, b) showing your age :) )
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me