Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:^^ Looks fine to me, but if you’re worried about it just keep the water clean.

Thank you, will do c:
I asked the person where I got the fish from about it, he says that the breeders keep them all together sometime before packaging, so it could have been bitten off. That, or he was born that way and it just makes him "distinguished".
𝓦𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝓘𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖉 ... 𝓘 𝓒𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊

╔~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~╗
☽°。 ゚xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ゚。°☾

╚~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~╝
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan.skies » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:17 am

I have a quick question for any axolotl owners!

It's pretty hot where I live at the moment, and my room gets a lot of sun, so my axolotl tank has been quite warm recently. I've removed the lid and left all the windows open, and that seems to have cooled it by a few degrees, it's just below 20 degrees at the moment. If it's just as hot tomorrow, I'll leave a frozen bottle of water in the tank whilst I'm out during the day.

Are there any signs I should look out for that will indicate that my axolotl is being affected by the heat, and any tips on how I can call her down?
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 pm

I took a picture of my betta today and compared it to the picture that I took of him when I first got him. Look at the transformation. o:

Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 pm

I've been wanting fish for years now, but I don't have the money to invest in a proper tank and set up, nor do I have the time at the moment. So I am going to live vicariously through all of you xD

Can anybody show me your tank/aquarium set ups? I'd love to see them!

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 am

@Kat,
He's definitely healthier and you've done a great job raising him! Happy healthy fish c:

@King Kakashi,
I'm glad you're waiting for the right time to get a fish for the proper care and time! What kind of fish are you looking forward to having (or multiple)? ^^
ImageImage

Here's my two tanks, I switch their items around so they don't get bored. I used to have a lot more items for the larger tank, but he didn't like the bonsai plant/bush because the leaves were too sharp for him (though nylons I ran across it told me otherwise, BUT I took it out so he wouldn't be stressed. I also had a soft tall purple decoration I thought would work out better, but he got caught in it and I saved him from it, so i'll just not get anymore decorations, just swap with the ones I have. Eventually I will switch their tanks once my baby betta is old enough to have a 5 gal.
He's in a 2.5 with a heater keeping him at 82F and a gently filter. I change the water 50% daily and will wash the tank every 5 days. I have lots of decorations, but he knows when to come up to eat. (I use a toothpick to mimic a fly on the water for both my bettas, it works great!) Today I tried to feed him frozen brine shrimp... He pecked once at it then darted straight to the bottom corner of his tank and wouldn't eat. So, since you HAVE to feed your baby betta 2-3 times a day I fished him out and put him next to my adult in his little bowl I got him in (seeing him makes him calm down and my adult betta doesn't pay much attention to the little guy). I tried again but with a smaller one and he put it in his mouth, breaking it into 2 pieces, but wouldn't have it. So, I fed him his 'Betta Starter Food' and he loves these flakes. Guess he's still too small for the brine shrimp? I'll try again in a week or 2.
𝓦𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝓘𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖉 ... 𝓘 𝓒𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊

╔~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~╗

╚~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~╝
Ƈಎ႑ಎෆiႵƴ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am

How many gallons is your tank?: 3.5
Number and Type of fish in tank: 1 male butterfly betta
How long has it been running?: less than a month
Did you cycle it?: yes
Does it have a heater? no but the water is warm (by a house heater but not too close)
If it has a thermometer, what is the water temperature? n/a
What is the issue or question?: so a few days ago, i saw some blotchy white spots on him. Now, they have either disapeared or turned into a big one under neath his head. Some videos i watched said it was because of water temp changes and that i needed to use this blue pellet called clout but its for 10 or more gallons?
Any other information?:

If you have any photos, please post them. Photos help a lot for diagnosis.
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elizae » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:46 pm

deadroses. wrote:How many gallons is your tank?: 3.5
Does it have a heater? no but the water is warm (by a house heater but not too close)
What is the issue or question?: so a few days ago, i saw some blotchy white spots on him. Now, they have either disapeared or turned into a big one under neath his head. Some videos i watched said it was because of water temp changes and that i needed to use this blue pellet called clout but its for 10 or more gallons?
Any other information?:

is he a new fish? can you post a picture of him? I normally assume white spots as ich if they're coming and going really quickly, but without a photo, i can't really recommend anything.

what's your water change routine? is he showing any visible signs of discomfort? does he still have an appetite?
elizae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Some sad news and a new fish friend.

So, three years ago I rescued two female Cambodian Crowtail bettas (Petra and Priscilla). They both came from I’m assuming the same breeder, since they both had injuries/defects. Petra was missing half her left fin and Priscilla had a kink in her back. She was either pinched in a tank divider or born that way. Miss Petra passed away two months ago, and Priscilla is on her way. I medicated her water and did a partial change to see if it helps her any. She is moving more than she was, but its hard to tell. Victims of poor breeding,,

I got a new rescue last night, my first male betta fish. I’ve always gotten females because they are often overlooked, but I decided on an adolescent. He is very tiny, less than an inch long. And he cost less than the others, I’m assuming because baby fish don’t do well developing in pint cups. ~_~ Anyway, he is super fiesty and looks to be settling in well. His water was filthy, so I’m sure he is a lot happier now. I named him Atticus.

He likes chilling in the open a lot and around the middle of the tank, but he did investigate his betta log and went through it. xD He was eating his poop and filth on the way home. Who even knows when they decide ‘oh fish like to eat too’. He got bloodworms tonight, he was very skeptical it took him a few minutes to eat and then he decided he loved them.

The last picture was taken at 5am. I was sitting next to his tank and when he saw me he flared up. xD He thinks he is a little shark. I’ve noticed he likes that part of the tank by the purple plants and log (all his plants are soft). Really curious if his fins will get longer when he is fullgrown. Also they marked him as a ‘community egg layer’, but he has no egg spot because he’s a he so I don’t know why they’re selling bettas. Idk where they think eggs are going to be popping out x3
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:19 am

Someone asked pictures of tank set ups, so here's mine back in January (now it's probably over grown jungle with algae and possibly malnutrition issues :roll: )
128 liters (80x40x40cm dimensions). Live plants, plain sand substrate. At that time housed 30-ish green neons, 3 (or 2 I honestly can't remember) elegans corydoras and 2 otos. Currently only has x amount of trumpet snails and hopefully 1 nerite as well. Running with two internal filters: Fluval U3 and Eheim PickUp 160. Eheim heater, can't remember how 'big'. Lights are 2x 18W T8 (Sylvania Aquastar), which I desperately need to upgrade if I want some variety in my plant selection (T5 or LED, that's the question as prices are running at same level for T5 set up and cheaper LED). Newest addition is half-DIY CO2 system, with DIY sugar gelatin+yeast mix as CO2 source and JBL Taifun S as spreader in the tank.
I call it a planted mess, which I will try re-arrange/scape when I get home in June. I just need to figure out what fish I want to keep in the future or do I want to put emphasis on plants by investing in new light etc.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 am

elizae wrote:
deadroses. wrote:How many gallons is your tank?: 3.5
Any other information?:

is he a new fish? can you post a picture of him? I normally assume white spots as ich if they're coming and going really quickly, but without a photo, i can't really recommend anything.

what's your water change routine? is he showing any visible signs of discomfort? does he still have an appetite?

He is fairly new, abt a month. I cant post pictures for some reason sorry. But the spots went away so idk... he has an appetite and i change the water 30% every weekend. Also a quick question, what is ich and how does it affect the fish?
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me