Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Kainé » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:44 pm

rose.bloom wrote:
Any other bunnies out there shedding a ton? Petting little Boonz lately has been like petting a german shepherd!
also this is a random question, but I thought it'd be fun to here your guys answers!
favorite coloring and/or bunny breed? mine would have to be magpie holland lop or harlequin holland lop! I
just love those colorations! and adore the little hollands. was originally planning on buying
a holland lop, but even though i didn't get a holland, now im so glad i ending up adopting
instead! couldnt have asked for a better bun. did you guys choose to get your rabbit from
a breeder or to adopt?

My boy honey has been molting like crazy, fur everywhere!

as for favorite breeds/colors, I love holland lops and other dwarf breeds, harlequins and blue eyed whites are just gorgeous.
    I have two show buns i bought from a breeder 5 years ago, a holland and a havana. The rest of my buns i rescued myself. One is a mini lop and the rest happen to be mixed.
    I also had an accidental litter last year, and i kept one of the babies, so seven in all!
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:09 pm

fluffy bun bun wrote:
    My boy honey has been molting like crazy, fur everywhere!

as for favorite breeds/colors, I love holland lops and other dwarf breeds, harlequins and blue eyed whites are just gorgeous.
    I have two show buns i bought from a breeder 5 years ago, a holland and a havana. The rest of my buns i rescued myself. One is a mini lop and the rest happen to be mixed.
    I also had an accidental litter last year, and i kept one of the babies, so seven in all!

lucky you! so many buns to love <3 i'd love to get another in the near future but
we'll see if it works out. though long term, once i've settled down myself, i'd love to start
a small breeding program! but at least for the moment i've got my hands
full with rocky!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 pm

rose.bloom wrote:
Any other bunnies out there shedding a ton? Petting little Boonz lately has been like petting a german shepherd!
also this is a random question, but I thought it'd be fun to here your guys answers!
favorite coloring and/or bunny breed? mine would have to be magpie holland lop or harlequin holland lop! I
just love those colorations! and adore the little hollands. was originally planning on buying
a holland lop, but even though i didn't get a holland, now im so glad i ending up adopting
instead! couldnt have asked for a better bun. did you guys choose to get your rabbit from
a breeder or to adopt?

Beau is molting like no tomorrow. He has a big fuzzy skirt right now. lol

My faaaaaavorite breed is the jersey wooly, hands down. But I also love mini lops <3 I like a lot of breeds. :lol: I showed for 12 years, so I've seen em' all in just about every color imaginable. I love anything sable point and I also love harlequins. :mrgreen:

Since I've sold out of all my show and breeding rabbits, I have a broken black jersey wooly named Beau and a japanese harlequin holland lop named Goose. lol There aren't too many places to "adopt" where I live... the rescues are hours away. So I bought from show breeders when I showed, but hey, we sold unshowable rabbits as pets too. I kept quite a few that I got attached to. :lol: Goose came from a nice guy who bred a bunch of different things. He had a big barn with like 75 rabbits. It was sooooooo clean. I was impressed. He was just a hobby breeder. Sold stuff to 4-H and FFA kids and as pets. Wool, meat and all that too. Whatever people needed, he had a breed for it. xD

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 am

I adopted Banjo my mini rex and Alfie, who is a chubby mutt. Smokey is a pure grey holland lop I got from a breeder. I have since had to rehome her. She became extremely aggressive to my two other rabbits(males) and had no way to keep them apart. She went to a wonderful little girl who had other Hollands and participated in 4-H.

Big news though!
I've finished building an outdoor shed/hutch for my rabbits with heating and cooling so they can be outside during all elements if they want to be and still live comfortably. I may also use it as a future breeding hutch for does and kits. I've already got two breeders with litters I could be choosing from. Using for both show and meat; since I feed majority of my carnivorous animals raw based diets. I've got Belgian Hares and Checkered Giant as my show breed, (choosing one or the other) and some good sized mixes for meat breeders. Before anyone gets all butt hurt that I eat quote on quote 'pets'- I raise them humanely and they are all very well taken care of. Treated like any pet would be until their time comes.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalPaws » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm

I have a Holland Lop that lives with me in my room. I really do love her to pieces but shes a devil. I was young when I got her so I didn't know that I should get her spayed, and she came from someone who didn't pick her up right. I would get her spayed now but she's over 5 years old and I work at a vet where we don't like to chance it with older rabbits. Because of this she's aggressive most of the time and doesn't interact with me much. I've pretty much accepted that I just live with a mean lil' bun that only loves me when I have fresh veggies :lol:
ElementalPaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Atlas~ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 am

Hey guys! I’m new here and I have a little Lionhead names Morrison c: I think he’s about 6 or 7 months now. We got him from a family friend’s daughter after she realized how much work bunnies are. So they gave him to me and I’ve absolutely fallen in love <3 I’ve had the little guy since March and it’s time for him to be neutered. He’s been a little overexcited around me and I’m very ready for his behaviors to stop lol. Does anyone have neutering advice? I’m a little hesitant to put him under, but I have a vet who specializes in exotics and i know that neutering is the best for rabbits in the end! I’m just an overly concerned bunny mom lol, but your advice and sprites will def help ease my worries!
..Image
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thosethosethose
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♥ who..pale ♥
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
inyourinyour
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔═════════════════╗
Hey, I'm Atlas, a
girl who wishes
that she lived in
the 60's. I love
music, Fleetwood
Mac, Stevie Nicks,
and anything hippie.
If you wanna rp,
lmk! Stay groovy!
made by kitty cakes
╚═════════════════╝
~Atlas~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 am

~Atlas~ wrote:Hey guys! I’m new here and I have a little Lionhead names Morrison c: I think he’s about 6 or 7 months now. We got him from a family friend’s daughter after she realized how much work bunnies are. So they gave him to me and I’ve absolutely fallen in love <3 I’ve had the little guy since March and it’s time for him to be neutered. He’s been a little overexcited around me and I’m very ready for his behaviors to stop lol. Does anyone have neutering advice? I’m a little hesitant to put him under, but I have a vet who specializes in exotics and i know that neutering is the best for rabbits in the end! I’m just an overly concerned bunny mom lol, but your advice and sprites will def help ease my worries!

Neutering is a great thing for rabbits ! I'm glad your choosing to go that route : )
I recently neutered my rabbit, Volkswagen, earlier this year ( around April, I believe ) and it has helped so much honestly . I had never had behavioral problems with him, but I did have a spraying problem with him . That was completely solved when he got chopped . What I cannot stress enough is cage arrest, cage arrest, cage arrest . Or at least put them in a small area for a couple days . This will allow you to keep a close eye on them so they don't pull out their stitches . ALSO ! Make sure to bring their favorite treat to the vet with you so after they wake up they can bring their blood sugars back up .
That's all I can think about rn, anyone feel free to add to this or correct me : )
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 am

@MultipleDinosaurs
VOLKSWAGEN! XD

My first bunny never got fixed and he humped my leg/arm quite a few times, but he was never too 'excited' or had any issues, he was perfect. When I got my three now, I made sure that the boy was fixed, because I don't want any offsprings. But when I got him, it was already done, so I can't share any experiences.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Atlas~ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:15 am

MultipleDinosaurs wrote:
~Atlas~ wrote:Hey guys! I’m new here and I have a little Lionhead names Morrison c: I think he’s about 6 or 7 months now. We got him from a family friend’s daughter after she realized how much work bunnies are. So they gave him to me and I’ve absolutely fallen in love <3 I’ve had the little guy since March and it’s time for him to be neutered. He’s been a little overexcited around me and I’m very ready for his behaviors to stop lol. Does anyone have neutering advice? I’m a little hesitant to put him under, but I have a vet who specializes in exotics and i know that neutering is the best for rabbits in the end! I’m just an overly concerned bunny mom lol, but your advice and sprites will def help ease my worries!

Neutering is a great thing for rabbits ! I'm glad your choosing to go that route : )
I recently neutered my rabbit, Volkswagen, earlier this year ( around April, I believe ) and it has helped so much honestly . I had never had behavioral problems with him, but I did have a spraying problem with him . That was completely solved when he got chopped . What I cannot stress enough is cage arrest, cage arrest, cage arrest . Or at least put them in a small area for a couple days . This will allow you to keep a close eye on them so they don't pull out their stitches . ALSO ! Make sure to bring their favorite treat to the vet with you so after they wake up they can bring their blood sugars back up .
That's all I can think about rn, anyone feel free to add to this or correct me : )

Thank you! Yeah, the little beast has humped my arm a few times lmao. He bit my mom and humped hers so badly the other day he drew blood Dx He's normally a good boy lol so I'm very eager to get his over-excitedness lol. I'm moving into a new apartment in August so I wanna get this problem nipped in the bud before he gets worse and might start spraying. Ah cage arrest sounds like a good idea I'm paranoid of him pulling out his stitches haha XD Oh and I'm sure he'll love a chance to eat some pineapple after his surgery! When I called, the receptionist said not to give him food or water before surgery. Isn't that wrong though, since bunnies can't throw up and no food for 8 hours could put them in major trouble?

And by the way Volkswagen is the cutest bunny name I've ever heard c:

@Raire his humping is driving me crazy lol. I don't even trust him licking me/coming near me because I know he's gonna try
..Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thosethosethose
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♥ who..pale ♥
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
inyourinyour
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔═════════════════╗
Hey, I'm Atlas, a
girl who wishes
that she lived in
the 60's. I love
music, Fleetwood
Mac, Stevie Nicks,
and anything hippie.
If you wanna rp,
lmk! Stay groovy!
made by kitty cakes
╚═════════════════╝
~Atlas~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:51 am

No food is very wrong . Definitely make sure he has a good supply of hay to eat at all times . My rabbit had the option of eating food all the way up until his surgery . The receptionist might not know as much about rabbits as some others do, and as long as the vet says it's fine your good to go . If your vet agrees with them though, I would worry a bit . However, things should be fine !
Pineapple is an interesting favorite food for a bunny ! My bun LOVES bananas . It's basically a drug to him lmao .
And thank you <3 He is named partially after the Rabbit and the Beetle, both made by Volkswagen ! ( rabbit because he is a bunny and beetle because it's my favorite car, such a cute little vehicle )
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me