🕷 Invertebrate Enthusiasts 🕷

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: 🕷 Invertebrate Enthusiasts 🕷

Postby Neoncherry64 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 pm

I’m so glad a thread like this exists! I’m a huge fan of insects and other invertebrates, and would love to keep them someday! I used to have hermit crabs a while back, and I loved them so much.
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:24 pm

cswolf. wrote:
Fiwee wrote:Edit: it turns out there's a little baby millipede living in my pet frogs' terrarium (dont worry, the frogs are fine, its actually healthy for them to have bugs living with them) what should i name him?

Name him Milly c:

I'd be kinda careful, millipedes are poisonous. If your frog mistakes him as food it may not end well! Other small bugs like springtails are fine c:

♡ roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ saoirse don phalaistín
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phoca » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm

I absolutely adore nudibranchs (sea slugs)!

I go to the beach everyday and find sea lemons, leopard dorids, opalescent nudibranchs, red sponge nudibranchs, and once I even found a hooded nudibranch!

I will take pictures next time I find some to post here! (i am going on a nighttime low-tide adventure soon).
ImageImageImage
phoca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puppybreath » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm

I have a rose hair tarantula named Shelob and she’s great but nobody else except my dad likes her lol (he got her in secret for me for Christmas) they’re such easy animals though. Mine is so calm and I like to call her my pet rock, unless she’s attacking her water as I’m pouring it in or eating crickets
Puppybreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:54 am

Puppybreath wrote:I have a rose hair tarantula named Shelob and she’s great but nobody else except my dad likes her lol (he got her in secret for me for Christmas) they’re such easy animals though. Mine is so calm and I like to call her my pet rock, unless she’s attacking her water as I’m pouring it in or eating crickets

Can we swap dads? lol mine is terrified of T's, so much so that I can't keep mine at home. My zoology lecturer allows me to keep mine in his lab. But I'm finished uni in 2 months.. I'm gonna have to sneak her home fjdjsjdj

♡ roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ saoirse don phalaistín
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Puppybreath wrote:I have a rose hair tarantula named Shelob and she’s great but nobody else except my dad likes her lol (he got her in secret for me for Christmas) they’re such easy animals though. Mine is so calm and I like to call her my pet rock, unless she’s attacking her water as I’m pouring it in or eating crickets

My dad is also really supportive of my liking for spiders since he thinks they're cool. Sadly, my sister hates them so much :( Maybe I'll secretly get one someday.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:37 am

Glad I found this thread! In the last few months I’ve gotten into tarantulas and I absolutely love them. My boyfriend and I really want to own some one day. Unfortunately in my country we cannot own tarantulas from overseas, so technically there’s only one or two tarantulas we can legally own (and buy in a humane matter). It’s really unfortunate because I’m in love with Thailand Blacks and Chaco Golden Knees and a few others. I guess I’ll have to stick to watching videos about them on YouTube, haha. We CAN however own some huntsman spiders, so we might get one or two species along with a couple of tarantulas!

Also @above, I know for a fact that my mum would despise me if I ever got a tarantula in this house, so I can relate somewhat, haha. Oh well, I can wait a few years until I’m able to move out. :’)
♡
♡

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hapalopus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 am

Huntsman spiders are a lot of fun, but they are fast! I posted some of my favorites two pages ago if you wanna see just how pretty they can be (some of them, like Cupiennius sp., have a pretty nasty bite, so be warned, though)

| INFP-T | 4w5 | phlegmatic |
| yak dæmon | asatru | pan lesbian |
| ben 10 fictionkind | bison therian | gnollkind |
| genderfluid | xenogender | he/she |

photo taken by me
hapalopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Hostile Popcorn wrote:Huntsman spiders are a lot of fun, but they are fast! I posted some of my favorites two pages ago if you wanna see just how pretty they can be (some of them, like Cupiennius sp., have a pretty nasty bite, so be warned, though)

Just had a look! Those are some gorgeous huntsmans! Unfortunately, I don't believe any of them are native to my country and so, the same with my tarantula issue, I wouldn't be able to own them :c

I actually find it charming that they're fast, haha. They're so common where I live, especially D. cancerides, they're always sneaking into our cars, houses and classrooms! I've seen a few bites (we think my dad got bit by one a few years ago but we never went to a hospital or doctor) and they've been pretty bad. The key is to be careful, I guess!

I'm interested in getting a lichen huntsman, they're pretty cute!
♡
♡

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phoca » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

I collected some nudibranchs at low tide a few days ago! Does anyone know what they are?? (I know that the big yellow ones are monterey sea lemons).

pictures are here
Last edited by phoca on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
phoca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me