Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby plecostomus enjoyer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm

What Breed(s) of dog(s) do you have?

three mutts, they're all the loves of my life.

a boxer/walker coonhound mix who's a sweet boy who loves to follow me around and rub his stinky hound face on me and everything i own(he also loves to eat anything he can get his mouth on)

a golden retriever/german shepherd mix who's got developmental issues and is why im super vocal about getting people to spay/neuter their dogs. he was from an accidental litter and the owner of his mother had no idea who the father was. he was taken away from his mom too early and therefore isnt a very bright dog. but what he lacks in intelligence he makes up for in being such an unconditional lover. he's the most gentle dog i've ever met and would never hurt a fly.

and a heinz 57 mutt. no idea what breed she is. she's small and fluffy with black fur, a cream color on her butt and gold splashes on her feet. she has a very poofy tail and the cutest flippity ears like a border collie has.(i love watching her walk fast because they flip up and down) actually, if anyone has experience with doggie dna testing i'd love to hear about it, since i'm considering getting her dna tested because i'm so curious to know what breeds make up my fluffy lil girlie! we dont know anything about her background or even how old she is for sure. plus if i knew what breeds she is i could get a heads-up about any potential breed-specific health issues she may get later on down the line.
hi im luce! im a disabled adult player. my pronouns are it/it/itself and hy/hym/hyr.
i love fish and i have two dogs, a border collie mix named rosie and a hound named chance!
all my pets, items and c$ can be traded in exchange for lorwolf and flight rising currency
plecostomus enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fysha » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Maya, a 5 year old Border Collie,
River, a 9 month old Border Collie, and
Kane, a 2 year old German Shepard cross.
Fysha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Sentry, 1, some kind of Feist/terriery mix
Sardonyx, 2, a super mutt. Best we can guess is a hunty/shepherdy mix. Mom was called all kinds of things from ridgeback x shepherd to lab x rottie, theres probably truth somewhere in the middle of it. Dad was a called a pure bred german shepherd.. lolno. Lots of shepherd, sure, but no where near pure bred.
Lucky, 15...? 16?, Rottie (x) or just absurdly poorly bred.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:17 pm

1. an 11 year old Australian cattle dog (cinnamon)
2. a 4 year old papillon (levi)
3. a 5 year old weimaraner (skylar)
4. a 1 year old weimaraner (willow) who is skylars daughter!
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mintu1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:21 pm

I have a 1 year old Pug, she is turning 2 in march. Her name is Chibi. I plan on getting two more dogs once I move out (obviously one at a time) as I am not allowed to get another one until I do so. So for now I only have my happy lil piglet.
Slowly getting back into CS after being on a 2 year hiatus, nice to meet you all again!
Mintu1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Lmarani wrote:
awakening souls. wrote:
Lmarani wrote:i just took skylar on her first walk, she was great! i didnt have to correct her much. she didnt really pay any attention to any people walking, the only thing that caught her attention was any cars that came by.

Congrats! I don't think I quite remember what breed(s) she is. My deepest apologies!

thanks! she is a weimaraner!

Cute! Love weimies. <3
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. :)

If we go with a breeder I actually already know what I'd want, a Pomeranian. I have the most experience with them; I have multiple family members with them who are so sweet and I had one growing up who was my favorite dog ever, she treated me like I was her puppy (yes I'm a bit biased since she was my first dog). Yes I know they are yappy, sassy, energetic, shed, require grooming etc. and are little devils if they don't get exersize/training. I just love their personality and how they are velcro dogs plus the size is perfect for a small apartment which we will have for probably 2+ years.

My SO doesn't want to wait a year for a breeder though which is why he wants to try adopting a dog again. I will try looking for one in a foster home at the very least but I actually tried that before we got Aika and the ones I found were only wanting to give to people with a yard (aka owns or rents a house). I didn't know about fostering them before adopting though.. I'll ask our local shelters if they do that.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:57 pm

halogen. wrote:
@rose.bloom
That's not how it works. How about stating some reasons why you think she is a good breeder? And just like CKC means nothing AKC can mean nothing too because while the AKC does try to stop BYB within their registry (like limiting how many puppies can be fully registered with full breeding rights a year and how many litters a female can have), that doesn't always stop it.

I could restate literally everything I've said and every point I've made that shows she is a good breeder but I'm gonna be the mature one in this situation and drop the topic.
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 pm

1. Biggest mutt I've ever seen, Possibly bluetick coonhound/pit/lab/and like a million and one other breeds :lol:
2. Lab/GSD
3. Jack Russel Terrier
4. Rat Terrier
5. Teacup Chihuahua
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 pm

- An idek Mutt of some sort? Maybe some labrador?
- Great dane ?? mix
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me