Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:54 am

So I have decided to re home 2 of my snakes, my hypo and my pied. I just don't feel like I am the best home for them anymore. It makes me sad but I want to do right by them. Hopefully I can find a good home for them.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 am

The Last Raven wrote:So I have decided to re home 2 of my snakes, my hypo and my pied. I just don't feel like I am the best home for them anymore. It makes me sad but I want to do right by them. Hopefully I can find a good home for them.

oof that must be a very difficult decision to make, I wish you the best of luck to find them good homes!

also, what do you guys think about a small waterfall in a corn snake enclosure? I have trouble keeping his humidity up so a waterfall (it really is very small) might do the trick. It is completely snake proof so there's no way for him to actually get inside the waterfall. I guess corn snakes don't really have any waterfalls in the wild, but would that actually be an issue? I just don't know if there's anything special to pay attention to. like, how many times would I have to clean it? I guess it'd be every day or so? any opinions would be highly appreciated! also, what wood is the best wood to use for corn snakes? my local pet market doesn't sell the reptile wood that I used anymore and because of my snake's bacterial infection I have to get rid of the old wood.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *MamaBear* » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 am

PhotoEditor_20190325_183023750.jpg
PhotoEditor_20190325_183023750.jpg (236.71 KiB) Viewed 181 times

This is my ball python, Shiva! I got her a little over a month ago from my younger sister's friend. She has a great temperament, sooo sweet and never tries to bite. I can't wait to eventually get more pet snakes ❤️
*MamaBear*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 am

She's cute, mamasaurus! I don't know if the picture shows it well, but she looks like she might be a bit dehydrated with stuck shed? If that's the case, I'd look into increasing her humidity. :)
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GaleganohPeryton » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:27 am

I don't have any pictures of my snake on my computer, but I have a corn snake named Reginald. I'll post again if I ever actually upload pictures of him onto my computer.
GaleganohPeryton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qibliquips » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:26 pm

I love snakes I want a garder snake as my first snake. What about you?
Qibliquips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dozer puppy » Wed May 01, 2019 2:43 pm

I love my baby corn snake girl she’s so chill
Im always looking to adopt pets
Dozer puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *MamaBear* » Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 pm

winter & fireflii wrote:She's cute, mamasaurus! I don't know if the picture shows it well, but she looks like she might be a bit dehydrated with stuck shed? If that's the case, I'd look into increasing her humidity. :)
-fireflii

Thanks for the advice :)
This picture was taken the day I got her and she was shedding at the time. Had to soak her a few times in warm water to get the stuck shed off. She has clean water all the time with me so I know she's not dehydrated, but she might have been when I got her. The only issue I'm having now is that she has retained eye caps. I soaked her yesterday and was able to rub one off of her left eye... And there was another underneath that one so I'm guessing she hasn't shed right in awhile :( I didn't want to upset her too much so I stopped trying to get them off yesterday but will soak her again tomorrow. I really want her to be able to see good again..
*MamaBear*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 pm

*MamaBear* wrote:
winter & fireflii wrote:She's cute, mamasaurus! I don't know if the picture shows it well, but she looks like she might be a bit dehydrated with stuck shed? If that's the case, I'd look into increasing her humidity. :)
-fireflii

This picture was taken the day I got her and she was shedding at the time. Had to soak her a few times in warm water to get the stuck shed off. She has clean water all the time with me so I know she's not dehydrated, but she might have been when I got her. The only issue I'm having now is that she has retained eye caps. I soaked her yesterday and was able to rub one off of her left eye... And there was another underneath that one so I'm guessing she hasn't shed right in awhile :( I didn't want to upset her too much so I stopped trying to get them off yesterday but will soak her again tomorrow. I really want her to be able to see good again..

Oh no, poor snake. :( Do you mind if I ask what kind of substrate you have or your set up in general? Soaking can wash off natural oils that help them shed, so doing that too often can actually make shedding harder.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *MamaBear* » Fri May 03, 2019 4:20 pm

winter & fireflii wrote:
*MamaBear* wrote:
-fireflii

Oh no, poor snake. :( Do you mind if I ask what kind of substrate you have or your set up in general? Soaking can wash off natural oils that help them shed, so doing that too often can actually make shedding harder.
-fireflii

I guess I soaked her on the perfect day cause the next day when I went to take her out of her enclosure the had shed during the night and did it almost in one piece. I could tell her eye caps shed off too on the head portion and her eyes are clear now. The only issue is that her eyes are slightly dented.. not really sure if it will go away, but I'm hoping so. I've only had her a couple months and I'm not exactly sure how old she is. Her enclosure was given to me with her. It's a pretty big tank, has the aspen shavings covering the bottom, a heat pad under her hide, a heat lamp on top of the cage, a big water bowl, a rock to help with shedding, and two branch things for her to slither on. I'm not sure it holds much humidity. Any recommendations on keeping it more humid?
*MamaBear*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me