Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby mierose » Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 am

Can someone please explain what stacking is? I hear the term a lot and I’m just not sure I understand what it is.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon May 27, 2019 5:29 am

stacking is positioning a dog to look at structure. it depends on the breed of dog you are wanting to stack as some stacks are different based on the dog. it’s the position you see the dogs in shows standing in.ill find a stacked picture of my dachshund on his stack box

edit: his rear legs arent completely straight but that’s the only photo i have uploaded. his front is a little off also
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Mon May 27, 2019 5:50 am

eleutheromania wrote:stacking is positioning a dog to look at structure. it depends on the breed of dog you are wanting to stack as some stacks are different based on the dog. it’s the position you see the dogs in shows standing in.ill find a stacked picture of my dachshund on his stack box

edit: his rear legs arent completely straight but that’s the only photo i have uploaded. his front is a little off also

Thank you for the explanation! Your dog is lovely.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 am

Plus Ultra wrote:Anyone know if there is a specific thread about huskies? I recently got a dog from my sister who says she is husky mixed with wolf. She is about a 1/4 wolf. I would like to find info about their care because im not sure on how much to groom them as i live in a hot place and i intend on keeping her indoors

Do you have photos of her? Theres a really good chance theres no wolf in her.

I’d get a good ubdercoat rake and brush her out weekly, especially when shes blowing coat.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanel » Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 am

mierose wrote:Does anyone have any recommended places to get a flirt pole? I've been hearing about them on here and it seems like something Honey would really enjoy.

you can check on etsy, people make some nice ones and sell them on there. but its cheaper to make your own!
you can just search it up on google, i don't have a direct link

Plus Ultra wrote:Anyone know if there is a specific thread about huskies? I recently got a dog from my sister who says she is husky mixed with wolf. She is about a 1/4 wolf. I would like to find info about their care because im not sure on how much to groom them as i live in a hot place and i intend on keeping her indoors

there's no thread for huskies just the dog owner chat. some breeders say there's wolf in them just to get some more money out of you, but as @Cardinal said, maybe share some pictures!

huskies shed a lot, especially when they blow their coat. if you'd want them to shed less, just frequently groom them.
xxxx

┌─────────────────┐

chanel ⏤ she/her ⏤ dog trainer

hi, I'm chanel. I'm generally really nice
to talk to so don't be afraid to shoot me a
pm. I enjoy writing and drawing, talking about
dogs, tv shows, books, etc. have a nice day! c:

└─────────────────┘
chanel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja986 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

I own a pure Sibe husky! And we have to give him a decent groom at least every week sometimes twice. The furminator is one of the best grooming tools imo We own the large and it works super good getting all the lose hair. Only around $25.00 and totally worth it.
Here is the link if you are interested!
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." And He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Silence is our enemy, our voices can end it.
Ja986

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ » Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 am

You can usually tell from behaviour if they're a wolf dog as they tend to be less managable, though pictures would also help. I'm not from the USA and am unsure if you are, but just in case you don't know: wolf hybrids are banned in quite a few states.
      As for grooming, I know they're not the exact same, but I brushed my Mal once a week with an undercoat rake. Apparently, FURminators can cut through guard layers with the blades, so I never used one, but they're highly recommended and probably fine too if you're careful and have one designed for long-coated dogs.
      Generally, grooming tips for Huskies are to brush with a rake and slicker once a week (more if blowing), and to only bathe once to twice a year unless they get considerably dirty/stinky.

-----
      In other news, I had a dream last night that I owned 2 ridgebacks called Scout and Bandit and we patrolled canyons together? Which is weird because I've only ever met 2 ridgies in my entire life and I've never considered owning one???
      Guess they're another breed trying to worm their way into my heart, haha XD
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm

I use a FURminator and it works very nicely, never had a problem with it! They are a little pricey but I definitely recommend it!!!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Olive doesn't love swimming that much, splashing around near shore? Sure. But actual swimming into deep water? No way.

Or so I thought. We were hanging out on a dock and she was looking at the fish in the water and she decided to jump right in.
I thought I would never be able to convince her to jump in the water with all the treats and toys available and here she goes just jumping in by herself. Dogs are weird.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Mon May 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Holy crow.
I love living in Tornado ally.

.... This is the dog park I took my dog to yesterday{first semi-nice day in forever}. I sat under that tree , yesterday.
Tornado damage.

It is never going to end I swear.
My poor dog.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me