Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Crossflare » Sun May 26, 2019 8:31 pm

Molly is that size now she's like 17 pounds o.o. I wish they'd stay small forever I like carrying her around and holding her. I have feeling she's going to enjoy my lap when she gets older and fluffier.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon May 27, 2019 12:15 am

Lol, my aussie pup, Mazie, is also around 15 pounds, I carry her everywhere! I know I shouldn't because I won't be able to when she's an adult but I want to enjoy it while I can!

Just a suggestion but, I think a herding dog chat would be helpful!! There are a lot of questions about how to where your active dog out and I don't think all of the questions are being answered in this chat.. I don't know maybe it's a dumb idea!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am

there are a plethora of ways to tire out an active dog, a lot of them can be found on any google search or youtube videos.
any dog breed, puppy and adult, will need both mental and physical training and games to help tire them out. with puppies, metal training could be simply working on basic commands and the works ie; sit, down, stay, leave it, heel, etc. As for physical, flirt poles, fetch, jogs/running [ depending on age of dog and health, person included ], swimming, puzzle toys, biking/rollerblading etc. with puppies you don't want to do too much running etc but you can do a little to help tire them out, just not excessive amounts.

as for the carrying, i've never done that xD, even though i have dogs that are that size as adults.

for the whole cone thing, yeah, vets only carry the soft and hard cones, still pay for it though. and kasper kept taking it off at the vet's so i'm glad we already had the onesie.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon May 27, 2019 2:15 am

Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:I will not be buying those as this is the family pet and I do not pay for the vey care myself.

This also means no fun photoshoots with the cone.

fun photoshoots...really :?: :what:
you know....there is nothing fun in this cones....nothing at all for the dog....(sure when photoshoots is with you or some other human wearing this cone why not, then make fun and play around all you want...but not with your poor dog, that is in possible in some pain and scarred....with a medical aid that is no fun for an hurting animal....! you only make it more distressing for the animal, just let the poor thing be and heal well and in calm way....so please dont make fun with the cone)
They need it when they had surgery, or are hurt badly or need to be stoped from Scratching, biting ears or eyes, belly or leg or such...so it is not fun at all for them....in no way!!!!
(only fear, possible scarred animal, maybe more hurt animal as they cant keep the head up well with the cone and run into things or even step into the cone...and so on....and silly human who make fun and laugh there behind off because of there poor hurting pet friend.... :( ...so funny ..not..... :thumbdown: )

.....maybe try them on and go on the ground and try to see it like a dog ...for some h...try to eat or drink, clean your skin, crawl around table and what ever is in the room they are in, try to sleep,.....

for some surgery wounds like those who have to stay part open for some time, they may be needed or when a dog is real bad with licking, biting...and at the vets(some use hard cones or soft blow up collar),
...but when owner watches there dog and takes care of the hurt part, that it stays clean, Keep the home and dog bed clean ,they will heal more fast with the round collar and onesies...
my dog was scarred by this thing...she hurt more with it on, we got her an onesie and collar even bevor she did come home a day after surgery...she looked way more calm as soon as we did take of the stupid cone of shame....
--> she did wear Protective Inflatable Collar, Blow Up Dog Collar, Pet Recovery Collar for Dogs, soft...for the first days when we could not watch her, like at night or did need to go for a moment together with a Recovery Suit (onesie)

...an other female did need two weeks more time to heal and was strange for weeks after and she only had the cone from what i did hear form this one dog owner... but every dog can react an other way....

the protective inflatable blow up dog collar for pet recovery is real nice thing, and the Recovery Suit (onesies) make the recovery process more pleasant for everyone and the comfort and happiness and protection of surgery wound of the dog too, sit comfortable and soft around neck, Keep dog from biting or scratching the surgery wound or hurt...can walk and sleep eat and drink without problem, they can see where they walk.... so they may heal more calmly and without hurting there neck or back from running into things with the cone of shame

So yes, i even would buy it for an other family pet or ask my parents to look into it, as the recovery suit are really nice and blow up collar helps when there is need like when dog stays one or so h alone at home, when i did see it right there are even some for rabbit now.....was the best decision we made to buy it then^_^.

But you know best what is good or right for your animal so i dont want to say anyything aginst it, only dont make fun of the dog in pain

@ mierose
yes you will have to buy them, you are right with this, often you only get the hard or soft cones.... vet will often not give you one of this blow up collars, but they do it to protect themself too, they dont have the time to look after one dog 24h when it is not really needed....so when the dog is hurt while staying with them they have to pay medical care, so they use the cone as more easy (hard cone or blow up collar/ or soft cone with some vet)....if it is at the owners they are not at fault as it is there own dog.

but they did not mean real e-collar ;)
but something like:
E-KOMG Dog Cone After Surgery, Protective Inflatable Collar, Blow Up Dog Collar, Pet Recovery Collar for Dogs and Cats Soft

i think we used a recovery suit like this : Suitical Recovery Suit for Dogs - Blue Camo, who a vet and some breeder did say are good, and it really was nice for her :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Mon May 27, 2019 2:27 am

Does anyone have any recommended places to get a flirt pole? I've been hearing about them on here and it seems like something Honey would really enjoy.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon May 27, 2019 2:46 am

Could possibly find them in a pet store but i haven’t. found a few on amazon and other dog supply sites like chewy.

also this is the recovery suit
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 am

I think my dog is immortal, she somehow has eaten like 500g or more of chocolate and shes fine :D
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 am

happy59188 wrote:I think my dog is immortal, she somehow has eaten like 500g or more of chocolate and shes fine :D

Your dog is lucky, dogs die from eating chocolate. It depends on the type of chocolate and the weight of the dog. Please do everything so this never happens again. Dog aren't immortal.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Mon May 27, 2019 4:38 am

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Olive had a pretty good day, although she kinda looks disappointed with her presents Haha

Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plus Ultra » Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 am

Anyone know if there is a specific thread about huskies? I recently got a dog from my sister who says she is husky mixed with wolf. She is about a 1/4 wolf. I would like to find info about their care because im not sure on how much to groom them as i live in a hot place and i intend on keeping her indoors
Plus Ultra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me