Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby cswolf. » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:18 am

Dongle Cochin wrote:Image

my breeding pair. they're in a 40 gallon tote!

left is the male, his name is quetzalcoatl. right is the female, her name is val and i've had her the longest

i try to provide enrichment in my tubs

They are gorgeous babies <3

Also, I enjoy watching snakes and their little snoots which I will respectfully boop if they so desire me to boop.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 pm

nano. wrote:hello peopleee, nano here. i have four snakes - a blind rescue ball python called gaia, an ex-show snake albino western hognose called athena and two corn snakes called eurydice and odysseus (i got the myth wrong lol). my first reptile was a corn snake called bob, he was v sweet but not great with food and died at around 7 years old in march.
i'm looking at getting a tortoise at some point. i live in the uk. does anyone have any advice whatsoever? i don't know much so i'm open to all info ^^

What are you looking for size wise? If you're looking for smaller, I would suggest a Russian tortoise (that's what I want). If you want something bigger, I would suggest a Sulcata tortoise. There are other breeds as well, like the red-footed tortoise (medium size breed), a Greek tortoise, or a Herman's tortoise (smaller breeds), so you are spoiled for choice. Care is breed specific as well (some require more humidity, they have different heat requirements, etc...), so when you decide which one you want, make sure you are researching the specific breed. Make sure you get it from a breeder if you are not rescuing. If you just buy it from someone on craigs list or something like that, it could be wild caught, which could mean the tortoise could have all kinds of parasites or illnesses (tortoises are one of the most imported reptiles). I hope this helped a little bit ^-^
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:05 am

I'm almost done with my varanus exanthematicus enclosure!! Just gotta install the lighting and then add literal tons of dirt, and it'll be ready to slap a lizard in there lol
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TyrannosaurusWreck » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:58 pm

My bearded dragon absolutely LOVES to burrow in his substrate. I used to have him on tile and he would scratch on the corners, but now he doesn't. The substrate provides him tons of enrichment!
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhi, im red. im an idiot
xxxxwhos just trying their best.
xxxi like video games, drawing,
xxxxxxxand gifting people.
xxxinsects deserve more love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx
x i want to be a paleontologist
x when i grow up! my dreamies
xxx are: UR flower, UR bee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TyrannosaurusWreck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 am

TyrannosaurusWreck wrote:My bearded dragon absolutely LOVES to burrow in his substrate. I used to have him on tile and he would scratch on the corners, but now he doesn't. The substrate provides him tons of enrichment!

Cool! What substrate are you using? I've thought for a while about going bioactive for my beardie, but I'm not quite ready to commit yet.
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Heleanna12 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:19 am

I own two bearded dragons! They both seem incredibly lazy though... anyone know if that is that normal? My female just woke up from brumation after 4 months and she's still SO lazy 😂
ωнσєνєя ѕαι∂ тнαт ∂ιαмσи∂ѕ ωєяє α gιяℓѕ вєѕт fяιєи∂.... иєνєя σωиє∂ α ∂σg.

Owner of four crested geckos, two bearded dragons, one ball python + one corn snake ♡

📍 e n g l a n d

↓ our journey ↓

Please be patient with me, I am

Heleanna12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saffrons » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:17 am

How serious would you say smoking around a snake would be. My roommate's boyfriend stays over on the weekends and he smokes both cigarettes and weed (I live in Canada where it is legal). I have asked my roommate not to let him smoke inside because my snake's health is my first priority. However sometimes it smells like smoke inside and my snake's tank shares a wall with my roommate's room. I have a sensitive nose (and my roommate can't smell) so I'm not sure he is smoking inside and I don't really want to confront my roommate if it's not a problem. I am just a very concerned snake dad.
█▓▒░xxxxxxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░○
█▓▒░
█▓▒░xxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░He/him
█▓▒░Snake dad
█▓▒░Bi
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
♦Worms come out of the woodwork♦
♢Leeches crawl from out of the dirt♢
♦Rats come out of the holes they call home♦
♢I fall apart and the snakes start to sing♢
saffrons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 pm

saffrons wrote:How serious would you say smoking around a snake would be. My roommate's boyfriend stays over on the weekends and he smokes both cigarettes and weed (I live in Canada where it is legal). I have asked my roommate not to let him smoke inside because my snake's health is my first priority. However sometimes it smells like smoke inside and my snake's tank shares a wall with my roommate's room. I have a sensitive nose (and my roommate can't smell) so I'm not sure he is smoking inside and I don't really want to confront my roommate if it's not a problem. I am just a very concerned snake dad.

Smoking around any animal is not a good thing to do, but reptiles in general tend to have more sensitive respiratory system. As long as he is not smoking in the same room as your snake, particularly close to your snakes tank, it's not too much of an issue, but I would still make sure your snake has access to fresh air as much as possible
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:32 pm

saffrons wrote:How serious would you say smoking around a snake would be. My roommate's boyfriend stays over on the weekends and he smokes both cigarettes and weed (I live in Canada where it is legal). I have asked my roommate not to let him smoke inside because my snake's health is my first priority. However sometimes it smells like smoke inside and my snake's tank shares a wall with my roommate's room. I have a sensitive nose (and my roommate can't smell) so I'm not sure he is smoking inside and I don't really want to confront my roommate if it's not a problem. I am just a very concerned snake dad.

It should be fine. If you're worried about it, I would just leave the door to your room shut. Smoking on a daily basis in the same room would be concerning and could lead to a ri, but as is, the exposure is pretty low.

--

Gonna be moving in a few months, and we're going to have a nice backyard for the first time in years! My family has wanted tortoises for ages, but never had the right yard to keep them outdoors - first we had a pool, then we were in an apartment, and now our backyard is just way too small. But there's a good chance we'll look into doing an outdoor setup for em once we're settled in at the new place! The climate is perfect for them here and we'll probably adopt from our local herpetological society, since they usually have plenty of adults available there.

--

Also upgraded one of my many tanks today, moving my blood python into something that should hold humidity a little better + be easier to clean. Linked because of massive pic. Still got a long way to go with this guy but I'm excited for when he gets bigger! The leaves in that tank are a garland from the dollar tree, btw - best way I've found so far to add some inexpensive clutter/ground cover to my tanks.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby psiionics » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:43 am

hello fellow reptile owners :D

im psii! i have 8 reptiles/amphibians currently, and some invertebrates like isopods and millipedes!

my pets

milo - 3 yrs old - amel corn snake

nessie - 2 yrs old - normal ball python

soap - 1 yr old - ghost bloodred corn snake

jabba - 4 yrs old - bell albino leopard gecko

bambi - 1.5 yrs old - HY leopard gecko

jinjo - 2 yrs old - yellow brindle crested gecko

bingo & bongo - 1 yr old - american green tree frogs

nice to meet all of you! ⭐️
⭐️ hi i’m psii! ⭐️
always feel free to send me trades!
i LOVE pps pets!