What is your dream pet?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: What is your dream pet?

Postby Plushbunny » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:26 am

A fjord horse, a cockatiel, a blue-and-gold macaw, a husky, and rats! also a russian blue cat or a siamese cat, and an english spot rabbit.
Of course not all of them at once, but I'd love any of them!
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Croft » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:45 am

I actually got a lovely great dane a few months ago and I have a hamster, so I don't feel like I need more animals right now haha

Every now and then I think about getting a lizard, but I never really had that "I have to get it really soon" phase. I think the fact that I would have to keep live bugs makes me lose interest. Not because I'm scared of bugs, but the person I live with wouldn't really like to have them around and I'm totally ok with this.

I also really love horses! I wish I could get one somewhere in the future. I used to ride for a few years but sadly I don't have time to do so again. I kinda miss it :( My favs are friesians, but I love all horses.

And if we're talking about "fake" dream pets... I want a cheetah :lol: A cheetah like Shedu Cats (You know, horse sized cheetah xD), that used to be popular some time ago (maybe they are still popular? I'm not sure) Imagine riding on a big BIG cat, it would be sooooo cool!
Croft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brim » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:55 pm

I've loved the idea of having a border collie for well over a decade ^^ Their intelligence and energy very much fascinates me! Once I have enough time and space to properly care and train one, I very much plan to fulfill that dream :]

Another critter I'd love to have is a Chinese cave gecko! I've cared for similar reptiles in the past and absolutely adored them; I'd love to take on one of those gorgeous lads!
Brim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bingus » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:00 am

pet frog
hi :)
─────────────────────────────────────

─────────── coding credit x ───────────────────────────────
Bingus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerSnek » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:23 pm

I've always, always wanted a pet ball python!! Specifically a predominantly white morph - like a Blue Eyed Lucy or something along those lines! Hopefully with my new living situation I'll be able to achieve this dream pet goal soon <3 I've been doing loads of research on the lil doots for so long, I can't wait for the moment I get to own one!
Icon by Relicarn!
DangerSnek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXFoxfaceToastXx » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:53 pm

I would love to one day be able to raise and breed snakes, especially hognoses and sunbeams. Also would be on the moon to be able to accommodate any bichir type fish but they need ideally 55 or so gallons and that needs special consideration for weight on building structures and stands.

Also unrealistic for my wallet but BOA shrimp or some other cool shrimp breed by Skyfish would be amazing, shame they're like a solid grand PER shrimp.
"I am merely ancient beast
wanting only for my time to rest
and though dragons may envy my size
I am jealous of the beetle's eyes."
xXFoxfaceToastXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainAltenor » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:24 pm

I would love a peregrine falcon, though they're pretty expensive...
Last edited by CaptainAltenor on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering..."

Welcome! My name's Captain, and I'm a performing arts virtuoso with a soft spot for decades past. Feel free to send trades of any sort- I'm always up for it.

And, of course, have a great day/night!
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby malligator » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:26 pm

i've gotta say either a border collie, a tegu, or a belgian malinois. they've been in my heart for as long as i can remember <3
malligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hieroglyph » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 am

When I have my own place, I’d love to care for:

• A couple of pigeons/doves!
    • A snake. I’ve begged my mom for a snake since I was like 6 years old but I still haven’t gotten anywhere with it lol. Ball pythons seem cool, but since I’m a beginner, I think I’d like to get a Kenyan sand boa instead.
Ferrets also seem really fun, but I have to continue to do more research into them and their care.

More suitable to my current living situation, I’d like to have an amblypygid (AKA a tailless whip scorpion)! I’m on the lookout for supplies to make an enclosure. :)

And finally, on the more unrealistic side of things: peafowl and a borzoi. They’re gorgeous animals but I don’t see myself having the money or space for them anytime soon.
They/them or he/him || Veterinary assistant || Pacific Northwest (UTC-8)
Ich lerne Deutsch! (Aber ich bin noch ein Anfänger)

Image Image
Hieroglyph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sk3tchy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm

giant isopod