Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:34 pm

@Siddy
Unfortunately, there's not much any of us here can tell you. Even if someone experienced something similar, they would tell you to take her to a vet anyway because we're not allowed to give medical advice. See if any other vets in the area have any experience with reptiles, or maybe check the next town over for another opinion. At this point it sounds like your best option for finding out what's wrong is an x-ray, so maybe see if you can find a vet that would do one for cheaper than what the other vet quoted you. I'm really sorry your gecko is going through this, I really do hope she pulls through.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello all! I'm getting a leopard gecko soon, I have been doing research like crazy.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Maybe talk about reptiles a bit if anyone wants to. Hope everyone is doing alright and having a good day
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 am

I went to NARBC today and came home with a surprise addition to my little reptile family! His name is Drift, and he's a gorgeous little leopard gecko. He's getting settled in right now, and I'm so excited to get the chance to hold him and interact once he's settled. I'll be picking up some stuff to make his vivarium better tomorrow, since it's a little barren right now, and I've had to macgyver a controlled UTH (It's safe, I know what I'm doing, it's only for a day) until I can head out to the pet store tomorrow and grab him a better thermostat, hide, and water dish. I'm just too exhausted from the convention to do it right now ^^'

edit* A photo of little Drift in NAP MODE [instagram filtered]

Edit #2*

Drift's viv is all nice and enriching now! I went for something inspired by his natural habitat, though I still have him on paper towels and not compacted eco-earth & sand. Quite a few rocks, dry moss scattered around, damp moss in the warm hide. Clean water in a small dish. A nice bit of wood for climbing on.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 am

I made a lil photoshop thing for all my reptiles ! Since getting them all in the photo is quite impossible, they’re all photoshopped into place lol.

2 Kenyan sand boas, 2 leopard geckos, 1 Africans fat tailed gecko and a pacman frog.

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Any New Calidonian gecko owners on here? I have a crested gecko, a juvenile chahoua gecko, and my boyfriend and myself are going to embark on the journey of owning a leachianus gecko. Does anyone on here have one? I have heard they can be quite tempermental, for the lack of a better word. Has anyone found this to be true?

Pic of my chahoua for attention
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saorsa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 am

@LunarWolf

I keep and breed Cresties, but have experience will all the above you mentioned. Leachies can be temperamental, but I find if you get a hatchling or smaller juvie and accustom it to handling often as it grows, they won't be as rude :lol: . One of my friends has a famous Leachie who he brings to expos for people to handle since he's sooo chill. They definitely need a little more time and patience to handle but are well worth it in the end for sure.
adoptsbeaumont kennel
senegal zebraswmetoyhouse

adult • dog groomer • horse enthusiast
gamer • bookworm • artist
saorsa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:14 am

skyyfoxx-- wrote:@LunarWolf

I keep and breed Cresties, but have experience will all the above you mentioned. Leachies can be temperamental, but I find if you get a hatchling or smaller juvie and accustom it to handling often as it grows, they won't be as rude :lol: . One of my friends has a famous Leachie who he brings to expos for people to handle since he's sooo chill. They definitely need a little more time and patience to handle but are well worth it in the end for sure.

A juvenile leachie is what I would be getting. I have a custom, bio active tank for when my Chahoua is big enough (image below, but I need to update the pic because I added another mushroom ledge on the other side) and I will be doing the same for my leachie (but a bigger tank).

ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 am

Hello, everyone, my name is peachcandies, I'm saving for a leopard gecko. I want the gecko to have the healthiest happiest life and would love any advice and pointers, I plan on getting a 10-20 gallon tank for the baby and have absolutely everything ready before I buy one!
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:56 pm

peachcandies wrote:Hello, everyone, my name is peachcandies, I'm saving for a leopard gecko. I want the gecko to have the healthiest happiest life and would love any advice and pointers, I plan on getting a 10-20 gallon tank for the baby and have absolutely everything ready before I buy one!

I'd definitely recommend getting a 20-gallon from the get go, so you won't have to worry about buying a bigger one when the gecko grows up.
It would also be a good idea to look into starting a dubia colony before you get the gecko, so you've got a good stock of tasty, healthy food for them when you get them. Dubias are fairly easy to keep, they can just be a bit challenging to find in stores depending on where you live, so you may have to order online. Also be prepared to try other insects, because leos can be very picky eaters (take it from me, my Sobek is the pickiest little dude).
Everything else is fairly self-explanatory, leopard geckos are pretty easy to keep, you just have to give them an under-tank heater, a couple hides including one that you keep humid for when they need to shed, and a substrate that they can't ingest. I'd suggest either repti-carpet or just plain old paper towels to start with.
Oh! And I strongly recommend asking around at your local vet clinics to see if any of them have experience with reptiles, just so you know who you can go to if your gecko gets sick or injured.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:06 pm

hey guys, what are your thoughts on the spider ball python?

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me