Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby Sage The Dragon » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:18 am

Cute! I have a bearded dragon named Sage!
i hate all of you

scorpio
Sage The Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endermiss » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:29 am

Y'all! Any advice for crestie growth? Domino has hit a plateau of 7 g for the past 2 months
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello! I just got my new Leopard Gecko buddy two days ago. He(or she not sure yet) is my first reptile, and I love them so far! I’m thinking about naming them Sage~

Anyway, I was hoping to get a few beginner’s tips on feeding. I’ve fed them 3 crickets and 3 mealworms, dusted in calcium(I intend to switch from calcium without d3 and with d3). They’re about 4 months old, so I think that’s enough food? I also wasn’t sure if feeding both crickets and mealworms each night was a good idea, I was just thinking it would preserve my crickets a little longer. Any thoughts?

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATTY !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 pm

aloe~ wrote:
Hello! I just got my new Leopard Gecko buddy two days ago. He(or she not sure yet) is my first reptile, and I love them so far! I’m thinking about naming them Sage~

Anyway, I was hoping to get a few beginner’s tips on feeding. I’ve fed them 3 crickets and 3 mealworms, dusted in calcium(I intend to switch from calcium without d3 and with d3). They’re about 4 months old, so I think that’s enough food? I also wasn’t sure if feeding both crickets and mealworms each night was a good idea, I was just thinking it would preserve my crickets a little longer. Any thoughts?

ah that's so cute !! I would suggest putting the calcium (I presume it's without D3) into a small bottle cap rather than a whole dish. And yes feeding both crickets and mealworms is ok, I tend to switch for my geckos to give them a variety. it's perfectly fine.

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly bear » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:30 pm

does anybody here have experience with keeping a bioactive vivarium? i’d love to set one up for my bp! <3
sarah - infp - jw.org
grizzly bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby blueh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:41 pm

grizzly bear wrote:
      does anybody here have experience with keeping a bioactive vivarium? i’d love to set one up for my bp! <3

ive done bioactive vivs from bps & cresteds and im working on setting up an arid one for my uromastyx :^)

my reptiles (aka my personal pets)
1.1 Uromastyx geyri, 3.1 Uromastyx ornata, 1.0 Uromastyx acanthinurus nigriventris, 2.0 piebald ball pythons, 1.0 puma ball python

i study lizards & bugs and like animals

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
blueh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunflower, » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:50 pm

hi! so, i've had my crestie for a little under 6 months. he's so happy with his current home, and he's doing great!
      anyways, for the past two months, i've been interested in getting a leopard gecko as well. i've finally convinced my parents to let me get one! i have some questions for leopard gecko owners.

1. do you prefer reptile-carpet or eco-earth for flooring?
      2. how big should their terrariums be? i've heard 20 galloons, but i'd like a second opinion.
      3. i plan on getting mine from a reptile expo coming up in january. what kind of questions should i ask the seller?
      4. how many crickets do you feed a full-grown gecko? how often?

it'll be about a month until the expo, so i plan on doing tons of research, but i figured i'd start here.

any help is appreciated! thank you!
my dream pets are the mini huskies from christmas 2008 :)
sunflower,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the golden god » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:53 pm

helloo ^^ i haven't any reptiles, but i love snakes vv much, in the future i will be getting one. (in a couple years) any recommendations? i already have rosy boas and ball pythons on my list. a small one would be preferable, not like a red tailed boa or anything!

she
super nice
the golden god

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 pm

the golden god wrote:helloo ^^ i haven't any reptiles, but i love snakes vv much, in the future i will be getting one. (in a couple years) any recommendations? i already have rosy boas and ball pythons on my list. a small one would be preferable, not like a red tailed boa or anything!

rosy boas and sand boas are on my list of manageable small snakes c: I have a Kenyan sand boa of my own (today's feeding day aye) and I love her

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the golden god » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 pm

vencrypt wrote:
the golden god wrote:helloo ^^ i haven't any reptiles, but i love snakes vv much, in the future i will be getting one. (in a couple years) any recommendations? i already have rosy boas and ball pythons on my list. a small one would be preferable, not like a red tailed boa or anything!

rosy boas and sand boas are on my list of manageable small snakes c: I have a Kenyan sand boa of my own (today's feeding day aye) and I love her

aw, i love kenyans, they are adorable! i meant to add to my post, does anyone know anything on rubber boas? they seem to be small and apparently "gentle".. sooooooooooooooo i'd assume those are nice. i might be looking too far ahead into the future though, my mother is VERY scared of snakes and i'm not getting into college very soon aha

she
super nice
the golden god

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me