Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby WhiteWater ; » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:26 am

endermiss wrote:Anyone else want to become a breeder of herps? I personally want to breed crested geckos

yes, whole-heartedly! Im working on pairing leopard geckos for next season. Ive got these so far:

Hypo tangerine carrot-tail - Male
High contrast reverse stripe - Male
Hypo tangerine carrot-tail - Female
Bold solid Red stripe - Female
Cyclone eclipse - Female
Giant - Female

Im also hoping to someday breed ball pythons!
────────────
bree | female canadian | reptiles | fish | cars
hello there! i'm whitewater, but you can call me white or bree!
i'm simply a weird atlantic canadian who has a fascination with cars,
reptiles, photography, dead things and drawing! feel free to shoot
me a pm if you just simply want to talk,
or if I could help you with anything!
────────────────────
discord: WhiteWater #2061
toyhouse: whitewater
commissions: art shop
art trades: open
────────────
WhiteWater ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maven. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm

@Vencrypt
Thank you, Fire Drake is 5 years old.

@White Water
Thank you, We live on 5 acres of land the snakes have their own room (We call it the snake shed) The Lizards also have their own room (We call it the Lizard Den) My chameleon stays in my room and My monitor has an entire room to himself called the Cave. The satanic leaf Gekos have their own room because of how fragile these lizards are is unbelievable (We call it the Devils room)

@Endermiss
Yes, I also want to breed crested geckos.

-
Just another note my siblings and parents still help me with care such as cage cleaning and feeding which I am very grateful for.

Question how do you all feel about Taylor Nicole Dean? I personally dislike her I use to watch her really old videos when she was first starting out but after the monitor drama, I have no respect for her.

Hello! I'm Maven, I use she/her pronouns!
Don't be afraid to message me or trade with me I don't bite :3
Maven.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endermiss » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 am

ngl I really like her. She's so confident in herself and she seems to truly love all her animals and fans. I agree that the monitor situation was bad but she has (in my opinion) made up for that. I've had several Twitter conversations with her and she seems like a genuine person.
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:34 am

WhiteWater ; wrote:
endermiss wrote:Anyone else want to become a breeder of herps? I personally want to breed crested geckos

yes, whole-heartedly! Im working on pairing leopard geckos for next season. Ive got these so far:

Hypo tangerine carrot-tail - Male
High contrast reverse stripe - Male
Hypo tangerine carrot-tail - Female
Bold solid Red stripe - Female
Cyclone eclipse - Female
Giant - Female

Im also hoping to someday breed ball pythons!

I was planning to breed but realized theres too many animals who need homes sadly );

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:36 am

@Alfred

Taylor made a mistake with the monitor situation, but made up for it with explanations, fixing the problem, etc. I think she's a wonderful person who posts proper content for those that may be learning how to care for animals. Happy Tails is someone I am not fond of and who has made questionable choices. But as for Taylor, I believe she does proper research and does whatever is in the best interest for her animals. People make mistakes, she did, she owed up to it, and found a solution.

It broke me to find out about Cheese, though. Such a shame.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moorray » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:50 am

@Alfred I stopped watching her after the whole kitten fiasco. The papers she held up (when trying to prove she took the female kitten to the vet) were actually for the male kitten’s, and the temperature it showed was way too cold for a kitten (I believe it said 97 or so, a kitten should be around 102.5). I also heard around that time she was smoking near her satanic leaf geckos on a livestream, but I haven’t seen any actual proof of that, just comments from concerned viewers. When looking at her channel recently it seemed as if a lot of her videos were of new snakes/whatever. I still want to think that she’s a genuinely good person, and she obviously loves animals, but I have a feeling she’s more into keeping her image on YouTube than anything else.
Moorray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:17 pm

I took this photo today of my buddy, Jormungandr. I'm kind of obsessed with him.

---

On the topic of Taylor Nicole Dean, I tend to have mixed feelings. Her videos are usually enjoyable to watch and she seems like a nice person, though I did recently see her spreading a bit of false and bias information in the rat video that she posted not too long ago, which (as a rat keeper of 15+ years) kind of irked me. I do feel bad about the passing of her beloved fish, though. Cheese was precious.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby 72027 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:59 pm

shalusky wrote:

hello all!

i got a bearded dragon today, as a joint gift for my boyfriend and i.
    but i was wondering if anyone could give me a few beginner tips? i worry about everything, aha.
    he won’t eat, but maybe that’s because it’s 9:30 pm and they said he had been fed already.
    he also hasn’t exsplored or moved around a lot either, not sure if that’s normal him being so new in all.

-X-

may just be settling in. normally reptiles will be a bit off or stressed and not eat the first day or few that you have 'em.
'

╔══ •❀°•°❀°•°❀• ══╗

emmy | she/her
hi! i am a furry artist,
taxidermist, and zoology'''''''''
student. (´・ω・ `)

╚═════════════╝

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''my socials

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby vencrypt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:41 pm

shalusky wrote:

hello all!

i got a bearded dragon today, as a joint gift for my boyfriend and i.
    but i was wondering if anyone could give me a few beginner tips? i worry about everything, aha.
    he won’t eat, but maybe that’s because it’s 9:30 pm and they said he had been fed already.
    he also hasn’t exsplored or moved around a lot either, not sure if that’s normal him being so new in all.

when did you get him? it's best to leave them alone for about a week to let them settle in first. it's fine if he doesn't eat for a week, be sure to weigh him and see if he loses weight dramatically after a prolong period of time.
if you had him more than a week or two, it may be because it's brumation season (don't think beardies as young as him can or should be in brumation), another reason may be it's too cold. hot spots should be around 100+ degrees F using a basking bulb and a uvb light.

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:25 pm

on the subject of taylor

she has definitely made some mistakes but i full heartedly believe she takes care of her animals. i mean have you ever seen a grown woman cry over a fish? probably not.. she loves her animals but i think sometimes she bites off more than she can chew.
Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me