Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Raire » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am

King Kakashi wrote:
      Question for everyone:
      Do any of you have both bunnies and cats? Do they get along? Do you ensure they are separated?

I don't and would be too paranoid to keep them together to be honest. They are predator and prey after all. ^^;
But yeah, I've seen some pictures/videos of cats and bunnies cuddling. It can work.

My smallest bun had a false pregnancy and built a nest during the last days. By now it's almost completely destroyed and forgotten, no baby buns, phew. DX
She also couldn't wait for me to properly fill the hay rack again...

_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicHeaven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 am

I have two cats and one baby bun and my smallest cat who is super energetic and playful loves the bun. They are inseparable they play and cuddle together. At first I kept a good eye on them as she could get a little rough but now she's learner to play with no claws and teeth(aka chasing eachother around mostly). My other cat was a street cat so I kept them separate for a while only having them together small periods of time. Once I was 100% sure he truly didn't see the bunny as food I allowed them to be around eachother longer.

It's about knowing your cats and what they treat as prey then about how you introduce them together.
ToxicHeaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

I have two cats. They have no interest in any of the rabbits. They wisely keep their distance as my rabbits have no fear of them or the dogs.
The rabbits, both the Flemish Giants and the little Lionheads are actually pushy nosy little brats and enjoy the fact that the cats can't get out of their way fast enough when they see them coming lol
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flufferpie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:36 pm

King Kakashi wrote:
      @flufferpie
      Such cute buns!!What kind of setup do you have?

Question for everyone:
      Do any of you have both bunnies and cats? Do they get along? Do you ensure they are separated?

It's messy and temporary so I don't have any pictures atm but it's made out of grid storage cubes! When my mom and I first set it up we had it sectioned into two separated "rooms" (when the buns were not fully bonded yet), but now since they are bonded they get the full roomy space :) (imagine basically a tall dog pen but made out of the storage grid panels).

When we are done fostering the baby (I can post a picture of him too!) we're gonna move Scamper and Kiki back into my room and hopefully give them a two story made from the cubes/storage panels. :)

Also, though I no longer have cats, my first bunny Scamper used to live with my cats, and they got along just fine!
flufferpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have a cat who will be coming with me when I move out. Since I'm getting buns when I move out, I was wondering how it all worked for some people.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:38 am

Well this morning was interesting. Raven I didn’t think was pregnant, but apparently she was. Unfortunately she had them on the wire instead of her nest box, and they ended up falling out to the ground. Luckily I managed to spot one before I stepped on it, and then found the other two. This little one was the only one that made it though.

Hoping it does well and makes it, clearly it’s a little fighter so far! It’s gonna stay for sure, after 3 years of trying to get a litter even bred, the first kit to survive will def be staying for life lol
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 am

Good luck, Middy! I've had the same thing happen.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Defiant Zebra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 am

I have a Mini Rex named Peter. I also have a mystery breed (probably a mutt, we found her as a stray) named Penelope. They also recently had a litter of 3 kits. 2 boys and one girl. Their names are Percy, Porter, and Piper. Percy has a brain disorder though, we are coming up with an idea with the vet about making a wheelchair, so he can walk better.
˜”*°•.˜”*°• Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun! •°*”˜.•°*”˜

────(♥)(♥)(♥)────(♥)(♥)(♥) __ ɪƒ ƴσυ'ʀє αʟσηє,
──(♥)██████(♥)(♥)██████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧα∂σѡ.
─(♥)████████(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт тσ cʀƴ,
─(♥)██████████████████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧσυʟ∂єʀ.
──(♥)████████████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт α ɧυɢ,
────(♥)████████████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ρɪʟʟσѡ.
──────(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ηєє∂ тσ ɓє ɧαρρƴ,
────────(♥)████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɱɪʟє.
─────────(♥)██(♥) ɓυт αηƴтɪɱє ƴσυ ηєє∂ α ƒʀɪєη∂,
───────────(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ʝυѕт ɓє ɱє.

Image Cmon, give this egg some LOVE!!!
Defiant Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:55 pm

So hey everyone. I've been gone for a while but big things are happening in my rabbit barn! Two of our brood females had litters. Cherry sue gave birth to five (four alive) and they are shown pictured above. Rose gave birth to six (not pictured) these are all show prospects as their dad is registered! :) I'm super excited for them to grow up. If you guys have any flower/plant related names for the six new babies I'd love to hear them!
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avantai » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Hey! I have this darling boy, his name is Smudge. He's a darling. Ignore the fact his cage is practically empty in the second image, it was getting a clean out but he's too cute not to stop and photograph.

Avantai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me