Overated Animals?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Quick Vote: Most Overated Animal?

Cats
12%
Dogs
18%
Lions
7%
Wolves
35%
Bears
2%
Dolphins
7%
Foxes
9%
Deer
2%
Other
8%

Total votes : 797

Re: Overated Animals?

Postby oakhearted » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 pm

snowy47 wrote:
i dont think any animals are overrated! theyre all cute and should be all treated the same (:

same with humans, like if a human says "humans are overracting, i hate people, i hate all single humankind" to me it's them saying
"i hate myself, yet i'm a human but i hate humans, i hate everything" rip
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Truth to be told, It's either the majority of humans and animals that is overrating, or it's that neither of them are overrated, and are treated equally and fair.
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zamatsenga » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm

I think wolves have been overused and overrated for a long time. Literally almost every furry is a wolf, most therians are wolves, wolf ocs are as common as anything. After all, aren't wolves meant to alone, or in a close-knit pack? I think the online society needs people with unique characters, not just the same old wolf. I'm not saying wolves are bad, I just think they could be a little less overused. ^_^!

xxxxxx.x[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠] [♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

xzama|| she/xe || sapphic
    xx.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬•••▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    xxxxi draw n write n play games yay
    xxxxx..bit bonkers ?!
xxx.xxxx[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠] [♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]
.xx
Image.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zamatsenga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:28 am

oakhearted wrote:
I don't know what to pick, but I kinda think snakes are overrated, I do like them and all, but it's sad how people discriminate a fox and rather have a snake as a pet instead of a fox.

Foxes are far, far harder to care for than a fox. I wouldn't recommend a fox to anyone other than the most prepared handler with years of research, as well as a ton of time and money. Snakes can be fairly easy, like corns and ball pythons.

I really don't see foxes discriminated against though. Round here it's snakes, especially water snakes because they look like cottonmouths which don't even exist in my area but I digress

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri May 11, 2018 10:42 am

Edgehog.jpg wrote:dogs.
i'm a cat person, and the only dogs i really appreciate are corgis because omg they are adorable!!!
but they are soooo overrated. People think that dogs are an angel sent down from heaven and cats are satan, but i disagree.
and shitzus, overrated breed of dog. i HATE shitzus. everyone thinks there sooooooo great, but really, most aren't cute. the only cute ones i've seen are my grandmas new dog and my aunts dog that died a few months ago.
minor rant that will probably be deleted r.i.p

That is kinda mean, my granny has a shitzu and he is actually very cute but I do agree that cats are great
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:32 am

Hollyleafcat121 wrote:
i'm a cat person, and the only dogs i really appreciate are corgis because omg they are adorable!!!
but they are soooo overrated. People think that dogs are an angel sent down from heaven and cats are satan, but i disagree.
and shitzus, overrated breed of dog. i HATE shitzus. everyone thinks there sooooooo great, but really, most aren't cute. the only cute ones i've seen are my grandmas new dog and my aunts dog that died a few months ago.

That is kinda mean, my granny has a shitzu and he is actually very cute but I do agree that cats are great

how is saying most are ugly mean??

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre mackerel » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Hollyleafcat121 wrote:

You shouldn't judge a certain breed just because of how they look or what level of personal connection you have with them. They don't mean to look that way and humans bred them to look like that

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby korok » Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 am

Pandas.
    They are cute, you can't deny it, and I love them! However, they are very overrated. They are endangered because of habitat destruction, and people have payed a ton of money to charities to help them survive. But the thing is- pandas don't really do much for our ecosystem. Pandas going extinct wouldn't affect Earth's ecosystem as much as other animals would. They don't really do much other than be cute and eat bamboo. All the money going towards them could go towards other animals, such as endangered insects, which really do affect ecosystems.
    So yea, pandas are overrated because they are cute.

quinn » ⅹⅷ » she/her
────────────────
here for nostalgia
navigation

korok

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oddball1234 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 am

Ponies. a certain show and some of the fandom just has me not liking them :/ I do love all other animals though

╔═════════════════════════╗

“All I can see is my life
flashing before my eyes.
But that’s okay: I always skip
the boring bits.”

╚═════════════════════════╝

oddball1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkbay » Sun May 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Wolfs. They are just big dogs and really not exceptionally loyal or anything.
Lions too. They just sleep all day, the males hardly even hunt
darkbay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me