Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby miskit » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:35 pm

Lemon Coyote wrote:Hello everyone.
Today, my cat Bubbles passed away. She lived for 8 years. She had heart issues, so I knew she wasn’t going to live for as long as other cats, but I wasn’t ready. She died peacefully in her sleep. I miss her. This is the first time I’ve dealt with a sudden pet death. Does anyone have advice?

my last childhood cat passed away at the end of last year at home as well, she lived to be 13 and had heart and weight issues. it wasn't a pleasant home death unfortunately, I wish I had brought her in to be put to sleep but it all happened so fast I didn't know. I hope that you remember all of the good times you spent together and just how happy and lucky you both were to have each other. It's going to be cold nights and sadness for a while, but it gets better over time. I've had 3 cats in my life pass away as I've grown, it never gets easier and I've cried rivers each time but all life eventually passes and I have learned to accept it while still being sad about it

just last month I got a tattoo of one of the oldest cats I had, Ginger. she was my best friend and I wanted to remember her in the form of art so I feel like having this helps me since I miss her so much still. I remember when she died I told myself I was never going to get another cat again because of how heart broken I was but a few months later I found a kitten at a flower shop so I brought her home and she made me feel so much better after the death of Ginger, so once you're healed from this heartache the only good advice I can offer is to use that love by helping another animal who needs it
miskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:30 am

Thank you ♥️
We have 4 other cats. Her brother seems to be very upset and confused but he’s been trying his best to comfort all of us.
We are going to be getting her ashes next week as well as her whiskers and her paw print. I love the idea of a tattoo! I’ve seen a few ideas for cat loss that I like, so I’ll definitely be looking into it in a few months.

Once me and my family have healed, I hope we are able to start fostering cats again. I love helping animals. She was the sweetest cat ive ever had, and I truly feel like she would’ve loved it if we continued to help more cats.

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:47 am

Lemon Coyote wrote:Thank you ♥️
We have 4 other cats. Her brother seems to be very upset and confused but he’s been trying his best to comfort all of us.
We are going to be getting her ashes next week as well as her whiskers and her paw print. I love the idea of a tattoo! I’ve seen a few ideas for cat loss that I like, so I’ll definitely be looking into it in a few months.

Once me and my family have healed, I hope we are able to start fostering cats again. I love helping animals. She was the sweetest cat ive ever had, and I truly feel like she would’ve loved it if we continued to help more cats.

I'm glad you're able to have something of her to keep <3 I've lost more cats over the years than I care to remember, and it is never easy. Remember the good and think about what she looked like when she was younger! Your heart will need time to heal, but I'm sure she will be so happy when you choose to take on a new furry friend <3 it will be hard, but you can make it, I believe in you!
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:41 pm

urghhhhhhhhh just browsed the "people who prefer dogs over cats, why?" thread and now i need to be cleansed by my fellow cat lovers ... it really bothers me how so much of the cat hate is simply misinformation 😔 my cats are my friends!
i like chickensmoothie :^)

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:21 pm

your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:05 am

^^ beautiful. my soul is healed

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saiun » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:05 pm

@Ziggy - Here's some more eye bleach. This is my kitten (OK, he prefers my mom, but he still loves me). His name is Oliver and he got trapped behind a guitar case today and I had to rescue him.

Saiun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:51 am

Here’s the baby I’m deciding to keep. I’ve named her Roo.

They’re two weeks old today.
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:51 am

^^ ohh my godddddddddddddd they are so cute!!!!!! Oliver & Roo ... sounds like a children's book duo 🥰

silly little storage
Ziggy Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:25 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:^^ ohh my godddddddddddddd they are so cute!!!!!! Oliver & Roo ... sounds like a children's book duo 🥰

I had a cat named tigger

I stuck with the theme and Roo was all I thought of at the time so Roo it was! 😂
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist