LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Bluebird22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 am

I have not posted on here for a long time. So let me interduce my self again. I'm Blue and I have a year old (going to be 2 next month) gray dutch buck who I show in my local 4-h and county shows. He normally places 1st or 2nd. I got him from a breeder at six week old. He has kinda an ironic name-Waffles ( he is named after Belgium waffles because in Belgium they speak Dutch). I have some pretty cute pictures of him that I will have to put up when I am on the computer they they are on.

This spring I am thinking of adding on to his cage so it can be bigger. (I will put up a picture of it too so you can see how big it is) He is only about four pounds but I feel like the cage should be roomer. I have a puppy pen that I put him outside when it it nice out, but it being February that's not too often. My mom brought up the idea of trying to connecting the cage and pun, I just am not too sure how that will work. I could try galvanized chicken wire and using plywood to reinforce the walls. And connect it with zip ties. Again, I am not sure how this will hold up. Any ideas on how to help me out?
Last edited by Bluebird22 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebird22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 am

Swiftfox_14 wrote:
Snowytoshi wrote:
Swiftfox_14 wrote:I don't suppose anyone has a rabbit that is (or was) litterbox trained that suddenly decided to stop using their litterbox? Because my rabbit use to do her business in her litterbox but suddenly stopped and I don't know why, nor do I know how to get her to go back to using it.

Did you change its position or the litter you use?

Nope, same spot, same litter.

Has she acted any different? Any behavioral change at all? If so, you may want to take your rabbit to a vet. Suddenly not using her litter box can mean a bad thing.

Is your rabbit spayed? If not, there may be some sort of territorial/hormonal thing. If you changed her environment, got another pet, etc. she may feel the need to "mark" around her area.
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:59 am

E.urka wrote:
Awh, my little girl is becoming best buds with my dog, [Shes a 5 year old pug] i let Jasper,(the bunny) into the kitchen with Zoe (the dog) and they both started drinking from the same water bowl <3 i'll post a picture! Also, ive caught them both before lying in the same bed cuddled with eachother, and the rabbit chases the dog around the living room xP

How big is your bun? He's very pretty :thumbup:
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffmuffler » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Onew~ wrote:
Swiftfox_14 wrote:
Snowytoshi wrote:
Did you change its position or the litter you use?

Nope, same spot, same litter.

Has she acted any different? Any behavioral change at all? If so, you may want to take your rabbit to a vet. Suddenly not using her litter box can mean a bad thing.

Is your rabbit spayed? If not, there may be some sort of territorial/hormonal thing. If you changed her environment, got another pet, etc. she may feel the need to "mark" around her area.

Hm... Well she's still doing her business, just not in her box, she hasn't really been hopping around as much and the other day (day before yesterday I think... Or yesterday itself) her poo looked a bit runny (no strange color though) but she seemed a bit perkier after that. She isn't spayed and we haven't got any new pets, I have been thinking of a visit to a vet, but unfortunately I don't know where a rabbit savvy vet is around here (Well, there's a website that shows one but I'm not sure where the location it listed is, and even if I did, I fear my mom would just brush the whole thing off ._.)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Fluffmuffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 am

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f21/

Perhaps this link will help? It has rabbit savvy vets listed by state, and if you aren't in the US, even other countries.
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E.urka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Snowytoshi wrote:
E.urka wrote:
Awh, my little girl is becoming best buds with my dog, [Shes a 5 year old pug] i let Jasper,(the bunny) into the kitchen with Zoe (the dog) and they both started drinking from the same water bowl <3 i'll post a picture! Also, ive caught them both before lying in the same bed cuddled with eachother, and the rabbit chases the dog around the living room xP

How big is your bun? He's very pretty :thumbup:

About 4-5 pounds, She's a dutch (:
She looks large next to my dog, but my dog in reality is kinda short lol and thank you (:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

} } } ACCEPTING TRADE OFFERS! { { {

Owner of the CS Atheist Club(18+): viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1139238
E.urka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .: pop 101 :. » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 am

My bunny is shedding SO bad. What do i do?... :c
.: pop 101 :.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 am

Munchie123 wrote:My bunny is shedding SO bad. What do i do?... :c

brush, brush, and brush some more. Aaaand just wait it out. It's a seasonal thing. They tend to have about 2 really big sheds a year, then they shed a little throughout the year. If he looks "patchy" (not down to the skin just some shorter fur and some longer) don't be alarmed, it's just where the old and new fur are coming in/out. My guy looks awful when he sheds but once it's done he's back to being shiny, silky and soft again. :3
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art lines by: SpindleSpice
Colour/Edits by Me ~
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dallakota Dark » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 am

Asking all rabbit owners for help with adopting/buying a new rabbit!

Hello everyone, my name is Dallakota and like my username, I am the rodent queen.
I have mice, rats, hamsters and a 2 year old hotot rabbit. He's a neutered male and I've had him since he was 4 months old.
I adopted him from the pound and he was about 60$.

Recently I've decided I want to get him a female companion. She will be spayed, as he is neutered. I don't mind people who breed rabbits and I myself would love to see a litter of baby rabbits, but Bunnicula ( My current rabbit ) was fixed.

My question is, where did you get your rabbit(s)?

I'm having trouble finding a dwarf rabbit ( Of either white&blonde coloration or pure black ) in my area. There are no rabbitrys in my area nor are there many stores that sell them. The shelter never has dwarfs because they get sold very fast.

The new rabbit must be a dwarf, not too picky about breed but it must be shorthair with either a white coat with brown/blonde markings or a pure black dwarf. and It must be female.

Please message me if you have an idea of where I can buy another dwarf rabbit. I can go into more detail about his living and any questions you may have.

Hello!~
• Role-Player
• Animal Addict
• Student Veterinary Technician
Still a work in progress.
Please don't steal my RL pet's pictures, if you want to use them, just ask C;

My BEST FRIEND<3

.: Goals :.

♥ Red Cerberus ♥
♥ Eat Me Dog ♥
♥ UR Bee ♥
Dallakota Dark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Well guys as much as I hate to do this...I am retiring from rabbit breeding. :cry: I have over 20 rabbits and soon to have more as I have 2 does expecting at the end of this month. No one is forcing me to give up rabbit breeding but my family is going through hard times so I need to spend my money on more important things. Breeding rabbits is just a hobby for me I don't do it for the money and I know for a fact I shove out more money then I make on my bunnies but I enjoy them. However I must sell them all and I will make sure they go to good homes many of them will go as breeders. But there is one thing good coming out of it my mother says that when all the rabbits are gone I can get another cat and I do love cats :clap: and plus 1 cat cost A LOT less then taking care of 20 plus rabbits. :roll:

But I will still be on here to give out rabbit advice to fellow rabbit owners and breeders :thumbup:
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me