Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby Dakonic » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Sorry if it's already been mentioned. But I looooove flirt poles Middy. I just went to the local Tractor Supply and bought a horse lungewhip. Then I got one of those stuffless crazy critter toys and tied it to the end. All of my dogs go crazy for it!

Cardinal, if you could add me I'd appreciate it. :3

Dakota - 5 1/2 year old male German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever cross

Alice - 6 1/2 year old female American Pit Bull Terrier mix

Natsu - 9 week old male German Shepherd
Your friendly neighborhood correctional machine.
Image Dakonic German Shepherds
Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gingertail98 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Do you own a dog?: Yup
Favorite dog breed?: Malinois or a Dutchie or a Border Collie or a Doberman or Chessies or-
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!: I personally own a 21 month old pain in the rear neutered male Chesapeake Bay Retriever named 'Charlie' and since I still live at home I also have my childhood dog, a 6 going on 7 year old spayed female Great Dane named 'Lucy'.
Pictures of your dog(s) ehhhh i'm lazy, here are old ones from FB

If you quote this post please snip out the images, thanks! :)
Throw those hooves right over my shoulders
Cause I seen the way you look at me, doefriend, when you smoulder
Come here, queer deer, and shake that thing around
Cause you get me so high that I gotta go down

gingertail98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

That's a great idea Dakonic! I'll have to see about getting Chew one next time we go to the feed store (which will be soon lol, seems like we are always at either the feed or the pet store with our animals!)

Our yard is so weirdly shaped, that it's kinda hard to use a flirt pole in. We have like 7-8 ft of space between the house and the fence on one side and both sides of that have slight inclines (an incline going under the house, and a incline next to the fence)

And we don't have full use of that since my boat is parked on that side of the yard. (Speaking of, Chew got in the boat for the first time today! Granted it was parked and he was lifted into it, but he didn't do terribly! It's such a weird surface. Hopefully one day he came come out on the boat with us. Well ya know, once we get a new motor and actually have time to take it out on the water ourselves...)

Then the front has banana and palm trees planted, and my goats tried but they didn't manage to eat all of those trees yet. (Just the majority of the smallest banana lol)

The rest of the yard is on the back (concrete) and the other side. But both those areas are weird shaped and have a chicken coop (side) and one goat run by the coop, and the other on the concrete in the back.

All in all, our yard is very weirdly shaped to actually do any good running/playing for Chew. I need to set up some makeshift jumps for him again, but I've been so busy I haven't gotten around to it yet! Maybe tomorrow....
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Serenade~ » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:40 pm

If you wouldn't mind adding me...I'm owner of Pug/Shih tzu mix Bellatrix (Hey that rhymes)

I've not been on much lately since a lot has been going on, but I thought I'd mention Bella and I got into that training class I believe I mentioned on here before, yay!
~Serenade~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Bluebird22 wrote:@ Imzadi, and anyone else interested: Here is a link to a study done about how much movies with a loveable dog impacted population of that breed. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pe ... years.html

The sad truth is that many parents don't know what to educate their children on when it comes to pets, so I feel that movies that show proper care of animals are important to make.

I agree with that, and it would be nice if more movies depicted the proper care of animals. I feel more angry at the BYBs and the ignorant people who buy from them then whatever movie or show made a breed popular though.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Last edited by .muse. on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fantelle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:46 am

Do you smell that smell? It's the smelly smell of a new thread! *takes a deep sniff*

Any other dogs here who get winter noses? Here is Otje, summer vs winter color comparison of his snout. c:

Also, puberty seems to have served him well, he got so handsome ;UU; <3
| she/her | cs+2 | adult |

| instagram | flight rising | toyhouse | commissions |
Fantelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 am

New thread!
Cardinal, Can I be added?
Do you own a dog?: Yes
Favorite dog breed?: The elusive Sporter Collie or Silken Windderps
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!: Blaise is an almost 10 yr old Blue Standard Poodle

I Am Baymax-
I see an agility picture! That's super cool that you do agility with your Dane. I've actually never seen that before.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:23 am

Tawk wrote:
Do you smell that smell? It's the smelly smell of a new thread! *takes a deep sniff*

Any other dogs here who get winter noses? Here is Otje, summer vs winter color comparison of his snout. c:

[snip]

Also, puberty seems to have served him well, he got so handsome ;UU; <3

It's very common and it's called "snow nose" :) Some breeds it's a serious fault (like dobermans) but other breeds it's much more common (like retrievers).

Creed- 9 month old dobe

I also live with my parents' chow x Mocha (6 in February) and my grandparents' miniature schnauzer mix Frankie (2 sometime this summer). He came to live with us about a month and a half ago when my grandfather's health issues became too much for them to take care of on their own.
As you can see, dogs come in three sizes. Small and annoying, medium and perfect, large and bad. Eventually I'll have some better pictures of Frankie. He is very fat and doesn't stop moving, and doesn't get along with Creed, so it's hard to balance all three and still get good shots of them all.
Jazi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orpheus. » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

Shiny new thread. <3

Do you own a dog?: Yes. c:
Favorite dog breed?: Border collies, German shepherds, Greyhounds, Irish setters.
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!: Currently only have one dog, a one year old Border collie x irish setter. She's a very clever pain in the butt with heaps of energy that never appears to dwindle. We've recently come a long way with her training, she had huge issues with recall and would constantly run up to other dogs, and now, after months of training, she completely ignores them unless they approach her.
Pictures of your dog(s): above.
╔═════════════════════╗

𝑊𝐸'𝐿𝐿 𝑁𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝐺𝐸𝑇 𝑇𝑂 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁 𝑂𝑁 𝐴 𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑆.

those nights when your friends are gone,
when you're holding on for someone to leave with

those nights when you crave someone
to be there at dawn, to wake with, 'cause aren't we all just
looking for a little bit of hope these days?

oekaki . art insta . @danti#6119 .

╚═════════════════════╝
orpheus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me