Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0

Postby Starfalling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 am

Starfalling wrote:How many gallons is your tank?: I don't know, I think about 20. Please don't tell me to put him in a bigger tank or rehome him, both of those things are impossible.
Number and Type of fish in tank: 1 Goldfish (Common I think)
How long has it been running?: I think about four years but I can't remember.
Did you cycle it?: No, when I started the tank I thought the nitrogen cycle was just a way to make people buy more stuff from pet stores.
If possible what are the ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels?: I don't know and can't get a test kit so please don't ask.
What is the issue or question?: Billy (the Goldfish.) has a white spot directly above his moth.
Any other information?: he had ick a few months ago but I don't think thats what it is.
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:47 am

Starfalling wrote:
Starfalling wrote:How many gallons is your tank?: I don't know, I think about 20. Please don't tell me to put him in a bigger tank or rehome him, both of those things are impossible.
Number and Type of fish in tank: 1 Goldfish (Common I think)
How long has it been running?: I think about four years but I can't remember.
Did you cycle it?: No, when I started the tank I thought the nitrogen cycle was just a way to make people buy more stuff from pet stores.
If possible what are the ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels?: I don't know and can't get a test kit so please don't ask.
What is the issue or question?: Billy (the Goldfish.) has a white spot directly above his moth.
Any other information?: he had ick a few months ago but I don't think thats what it is.

A picture would be very helpful. ^^
Also, look up goldfish breeding stars to make sure that's not it. Because people often mistake them for ick or whatever else when they are harmless. :3
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:54 am

jellybaloo wrote:Username: Jellybaloo
How many fish tanks do you have: 2
Types of fish that you have: goldfish and betta
Your fishs' names: Matilda, Bagheera and Baloo unnamed Betta
How long have you had fish: 10+ years

omg, your betta is gorgeous!!! you haven't named him? how about arokh? i have no idea why but in my opinion, i think it suits him.
      (arokh is just a dragon character in one of my favorite video games. if you aren't sure how it is pronounced, it is just like saying the word air... then rock. like air-rock. cx) i always thought that name only would work for a really dark red betta but, i don't know. i really like that name for him. c:
      he is just so beautiful! and his tail is so huge! i am kind of jealous of him. cx
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:09 am

I can't get any pictures because he hides when I get too close to the tan with my camra.
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 am

Starfalling wrote:I can't get any pictures because he hides when I get too close to the tan with my camra.

A white spot is very vague and could mean anything.
You can also find a picture of what it looks like online.
But we really can't help you unless you get a picture or some other information to show us.

I find that if I just sit by the tank with my camera for a while, my fish will come back out of hiding when they get used to you being there. It just takes patience.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am

Starfalling wrote:I can't get any pictures because he hides when I get too close to the tan with my camra.

dia's right. my bettas used to hate coming out when i had my camera with me. but i sat there and waited for them to come out to check if i was gone. he'd keep hiding everytime he saw it but after awhile, they got used to the camera. now i take pictures of them all the time. cx
      it is worth the wait if you want to make sure he is ok. c:
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WalkerNom » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:41 am

ugh.
    this makes me want to spend all my money on another betta. |D
    /shot.
    don't let me.
WalkerNom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 am

Betta. wrote:New threads smell like rain on dry dirt ~

Gonna quote myself from the old thread as no one has answered this yet and I'm still very worried ;0;'

Betta. wrote:Hey guys, I have an issue.
Recently Blueberry died, he was sort of my pride and joy. But this morning, I found Serpent dead as well. She was fine last night but this morning I found her dead under a plant and she looked like she had been rotting for days. Is there some sort of betta disease that is contiguous and kills in a few hours?
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Check the PO Box » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 am

Username: Check the PO Box
How many fish tanks do you have: 2
Types of fish that you have: 1 Betta and in the other tank I have a few lamp eyed Tetras
Your fishs' names: The betta is named 'Other Betta' (not kidding, and not because I was too lazy to come up with a real name xD) and the Tetras all look the exact same so I just call them 'My Tetras'
How long have you had fish: 6-7 years maybe longer
x
x
x
x
x

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
Are you an artist looking for pets worth your time?
♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
x
x
x
x
Check the PO Box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 am

nm
Last edited by Roadhog on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me