Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Imzadi83 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 am

Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 pm

is it possible to un-do millions of years of instinct, and train a cat to not bury the poop? like I keep mentioning, and yes, after having tests for parasites and what not, and after being recomended an enzyme Gary still has softer stool than I'd like. and missing his forlimb makes burying it harder. otherwise I'd need to repurpose another item to be a larger pan(https://images.homedepot-static.com/pro ... a_1000.jpg) . I'm not good at relaying messages, and I need to look at and touch everything when shopping. and with this pandemic and my weak lil lungs I'm only allowed outside to walk my stepdad's dog, or doctor appointment.

if I'm not right there to to grab the cat, he could wind up tracking poop everywhere. it will be on the flat of his foot and in beween the toes (which I should not shave that fur with one of those battery operated nose hair trimmers) and Gary really dosen't like being on his back, and hindpaws squeezed and rubbed.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:10 am

yeet your Pepelogoo wrote:is it possible to un-do millions of years of instinct, and train a cat to not bury the poop? like I keep mentioning, and yes, after having tests for parasites and what not, and after being recomended an enzyme Gary still has softer stool than I'd like. and missing his forlimb makes burying it harder. otherwise I'd need to repurpose another item to be a larger pan(https://images.homedepot-static.com/pro ... a_1000.jpg) . I'm not good at relaying messages, and I need to look at and touch everything when shopping. and with this pandemic and my weak lil lungs I'm only allowed outside to walk my stepdad's dog, or doctor appointment.

if I'm not right there to to grab the cat, he could wind up tracking poop everywhere. it will be on the flat of his foot and in beween the toes (which I should not shave that fur with one of those battery operated nose hair trimmers) and Gary really dosen't like being on his back, and hindpaws squeezed and rubbed.

My cats usually leave if you come to help them bury it, but in that case you still need to be there to catch them at the right moment.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:13 am

yeet your Pepelogoo wrote:is it possible to un-do millions of years of instinct, and train a cat to not bury the poop? like I keep mentioning, and yes, after having tests for parasites and what not, and after being recomended an enzyme Gary still has softer stool than I'd like. and missing his forlimb makes burying it harder. otherwise I'd need to repurpose another item to be a larger pan(https://images.homedepot-static.com/pro ... a_1000.jpg) . I'm not good at relaying messages, and I need to look at and touch everything when shopping. and with this pandemic and my weak lil lungs I'm only allowed outside to walk my stepdad's dog, or doctor appointment.

stupid response for a relatively dumb problem, but the reason cats bury their poop is because they believe they're not the dominant power in the house. if you let your cat walk all over you and feel confident in their domination of the household, they are less likely to bury their stool.
again, stupid and variable response, but... it might work, haha
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:04 am

i thought it was just the cat thing, so it makes it harder for larger predators to track them. as for him walking on us? he alredy seems a tiny bit spoiled
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:18 am

My seventeen year old cat is probably going to die in a few days. he's been with me for my entire life {we are birthday buddies} and it feels surreal. He's eating and passing less and less food, and I can feel every bone in his body. he's always been an outdoor cat but we've moved him inside during the day. {he sleeps in the garage at night since our indoor cats hate him.

I feel weird. I've been prepared for him to pass for years now, but i'm absolutely terrified for when I walk in and find his dead body. I think I might lose it when that happens.

he's lived the dream life and is super comfortable right now. I'm not going to grieve heavily {I think} but i'm going to miss him.

this is the first time I'm going to be with a dying pet. I was a kid when they put down my dog, so I wasn't there when it happened. and I dont think we'll have to put him down since he isn't really in pain. we're kinda just.... waiting for it now.
Last edited by Rinovo on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saffrons » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Rinovo wrote:
[center][center]My seventeen year old cat is probably going to die in a few days. he's been with me for my entire life {we are birthday buddies} and it feels surreal. He's eating and passing less and less food, and I can feel every bone in his body. he's always been an outdoor cat but we've moved him inside during the day. {he sleeps in the garage at night since our indoor cats hate him.

I feel weird. I've been prepared for him to pass for years now, but i'm absolutely terrified for when I walk in and find his dead body. I think I might lose it when that happens.

he's lived the dream life and is super comfortable right now. I'm not going to grieve heavily {I think} but i'm going to miss him.

this is the first time I'm going to be with a dying pet. I was a kid when they put down my dog, so I wasn't there when it happened. and I dont think we'll have to put him down since he isn't really in pain. we're kinda just.... waiting for it now.
[/center][/center]

I was in a similar situation about a year ago when we had to put our cat down. She was also seventeen, born and raised in our house, and had been with me for most of my life. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye and I still miss her but I know she lived a long and happy life. I dropped everything to be there when my family had to put her down because I needed to be there to say goodbye to her. All you can do right now is love him, take lots of cute photos to reminisce on, and just make the most of the your time together. I know it doesn't make it easier but make sure you make peace with him passing so you can cherish the time you had with him. Whitesox will always be my best friend.
█▓▒░xxxxxxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░○
█▓▒░
█▓▒░xxx
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░He/him
█▓▒░Snake dad
█▓▒░Bi
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
░▒▓█
♦Worms come out of the woodwork♦
♢Leeches crawl from out of the dirt♢
♦Rats come out of the holes they call home♦
♢I fall apart and the snakes start to sing♢
saffrons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 am

I'm in a very unique situation.

My cat, who we've had and kept indoors for 3 years now, is suddenly causing my dad to sneeze and get all stuffy around her. We believe he may be starting to get allergic to her now.

This is very upsetting because, in my mind, if you are allergic to something, you have to get rid of it. I don't want to get rid of Mable just because my dad out of nowhere got allergic to her! I'm not sure what I can do to help make the cat less allergy-inducing besides just reducing exposure. But I don't want to lock her in a room either. The only option I can see is just getting rid of her, and neither me or my dad wants to do that.

I don't know if this counts as seeking medical advice. If it does, I can take it down.
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 am

sugarbird wrote:I'm in a very unique situation.

My cat, who we've had and kept indoors for 3 years now, is suddenly causing my dad to sneeze and get all stuffy around her. We believe he may be starting to get allergic to her now.

This is very upsetting because, in my mind, if you are allergic to something, you have to get rid of it. I don't want to get rid of Mable just because my dad out of nowhere got allergic to her! I'm not sure what I can do to help make the cat less allergy-inducing besides just reducing exposure. But I don't want to lock her in a room either. The only option I can see is just getting rid of her, and neither me or my dad wants to do that.

I don't know if this counts as seeking medical advice. If it does, I can take it down.

Well first you should make sure it really is the cat thats causing this. With spring coming, there's many possible things that could be causing him an allergic reaction, so it could be worth talking to a doctor about that, and while he's at it, ask if there's anything he can take to lessen the allergic effects. I know that my mom used to take something for her seasonal allergies, but you definitely need to talk to a doctor for that.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeriousBusiness » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:26 am

So last night my cat had a fight with a stray. I don't know why but this stray black and white cat has been climbing up at our balcony (we're in 3rd floor) and my cat is always at the balcony. My cat doesn't really like strangers and has trust issues with them. Whenver this b&w cat climbs up he gets tense and warns the stray but the stray never listens we have to scare the stray away. Last night made my cat snapped. The stray probably went too close to him and im not sure who started the fight because we were about to sleep but we suddenly heard cats fighting and there the stray was. He ran away quickly as soon as i opened the door and my cat hid. When i tried coming up to him he growled and hiss which was understandable so i left him for a moment and went up to him again gave him a gentle stroke on the head and he ran inside the house. Fast forward to morning he does NOT like being petted. I mean very gentle pets on the head are okay with him but he gets mad when we pet him like normal petting. He meows very loudly then hisses and im not sure what to do! I never experienced this before since my cats never get into fights in the past. He does not like being carried right now as well. He didn't eat too. He didn't want to. He's probably a bit hurt from the fight probably a scratch here and there but nothing serious. That was his first fight. If anyone experienced this before any tips?

He's fine now :) he got a big (not that big tho) scar on his left side on the ribs though
Last edited by SeriousBusiness on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
•─────────────♢˖°˖˖°˖♢─────────────•
♤♡♢ 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♢♡♤
SeriousBusiness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me