Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby SeriousBusiness » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:31 am

so ive already searched for stuff but i wanted to post here too just in case someone has the same experience?

so we don't have a litterbox and my cat used to do it under this one furniture and it was fine at first but after my mom cleaned that spot properly with soap and all, he changed spots and started doing it ON THE SOFA
well thankfully it's leather so it doesn't absorb pee but WHY??? the first 4 times it was just urine but now he just pooped there as well. we dont really use that couch anyway its just right there so yeah but still. I saw it was either he was stressed or just behavioural issues but does anyone know how to make him stop doing it on that spot and change spots??

edit: if we do buy a litterbox though do you think he'll learn to use it easily? he's only 5 months old
Image Image Image
•─────────────♢˖°˖˖°˖♢─────────────•
♤♡♢ 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♢♡♤
SeriousBusiness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:39 pm

SheriøusBusineshh wrote:so ive already searched for stuff but i wanted to post here too just in case someone has the same experience?

so we don't have a litterbox and my cat used to do it under this one furniture and it was fine at first but after my mom cleaned that spot properly with soap and all, he changed spots and started doing it ON THE SOFA
well thankfully it's leather so it doesn't absorb pee but WHY??? the first 4 times it was just urine but now he just pooped there as well. we dont really use that couch anyway its just right there so yeah but still. I saw it was either he was stressed or just behavioural issues but does anyone know how to make him stop doing it on that spot and change spots??

edit: if we do buy a litterbox though do you think he'll learn to use it easily? he's only 5 months old

You definitely need to get a litterbox
if he's an indoor cat, or indoor/outdoor, he has to have a litterbox unless you want messes stinking up your house.
Cats are very smart and learn things quickly, and litterbox training is probably one of the easiest things to do. Just put a paper towel with his mess on it in the litterbox, and put him in it right away if you catch him in the middle of doing his business(it probably won't work if you put him in it after he's done).
It's a very bad habit for cats to do their business wherever they want in the house, so definitely go get a litterbox as soon as possible ^^
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 am

SheriøusBusineshh wrote:so ive already searched for stuff but i wanted to post here too just in case someone has the same experience?

There is one very simple answer to ALL the problems you are expressing. Buy.a.cat.box.
Cat box training is easy. All you really have to do is buy one, and the cat will train it's self for the most part.

Why would you not have a littler box?
The cat has to go some where - while yes there have been instances where cats have been taught to use a certain spot, that takes a LOT of training, and near constant surveillance, would it not be 10x easier (On you & the cat) just to buy a cat box?
I am genuinely curious as to why you would not have one. ....?
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeriousBusiness » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Araphen. wrote:

There is one very simple answer to ALL the problems you are expressing. Buy.a.cat.box.
Cat box training is easy. All you really have to do is buy one, and the cat will train it's self for the most part.

The cat has to go some where - while yes there have been instances where cats have been taught to use a certain spot, that takes a LOT of training, and near constant surveillance, would it not be 10x easier (On you & the cat) just to buy a cat box?

we don't have one because in where i live litter boxes aren't really common. the cats i had in the past usually just poops in the bathroom for easy cleaning so my dad said we didn't have to have one but i guess i'll just have to tell them that we really need a litterbox
Image Image Image
•─────────────♢˖°˖˖°˖♢─────────────•
♤♡♢ 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 ♢♡♤
SeriousBusiness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 am

SheriøusBusineshh wrote:
Araphen. wrote:

we don't have one because in where i live litter boxes aren't really common. the cats i had in the past usually just poops in the bathroom for easy cleaning so my dad said we didn't have to have one but i guess i'll just have to tell them that we really need a litterbox

what if there is some kind of training potty ment for human children, that you can convert to a cat toilet? seeing as how you can train a cat to use a human toilet (not sure how many find that degrading to the feline kind)

there is even a cat toilet "our pets" makes you can buy

------------
besides yesterday's news. i need a litter recomendation, one that won't get stuck in their forpaws. I made a mistake of buying some fine tidy cat litter. and let me tell you, it's not so tidy. I have a mat and all but there are small litter flakes in Gary's remaining hand. and he is laying on my bed now. and he likes to lay on us.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dustox » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:47 am

yeet your Pepelogoo wrote:besides yesterday's news. i need a litter recomendation, one that won't get stuck in their forpaws. I made a mistake of buying some fine tidy cat litter. and let me tell you, it's not so tidy. I have a mat and all but there are small litter flakes in Gary's remaining hand. and he is laying on my bed now. and he likes to lay on us.

I've never used clumping litter, if that's what you're using that might be why it gets stuck in their paws. I don't know about the brand, it doesn't seem to matter for our cats as long as it's non-clumping. The only issue is that we have 2 boxes and they kick litter out when they jump out because they like to jump and run out for some reason
Jenna - Adult - PFQ - Goatlings
dustox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:54 am

I recently moved ( less then a week ago ) currently my two cats are in a very large dog crate ( fits a cat tree, large litter box, etc and still has room ) .
There is another cat in the house we moved into, including two dogs that aren't ours ( and a third that our cats are used too ) .

I have been up keeping their cage everyday but since we are still unloading and moving things the front door is open for extended periods of time .

How long does it usually take for cats to get used to being in a new home before the risk of them running away is very low ? I got them kitty collars so people would know they aren't strays on the off chance they somehow get out and book it, but I'm nervous to lose them .

They are both 100% indoor cats but I'm afraid if I start letting them out of their crate and they get out of the house they will be long gone !
If they do get out, what are some ways to try and get them to come back ?
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:29 pm

I dont really post here but this photo is too cute not to share lol. My cat Crow and my dog Octavia have the same face marking just mirrored, and it’s the cutest thing!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 pm

very cute, i have a calico cat and a sable sheltie who do stuff like that , its great to see it

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charmie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:33 pm

so I'm suuuper excited and am having a hard time containing it so I thought maybe posting online would be a good way to release some excitement. after 10+ years of trying to convince my parents of getting a cat/kitten they've finally agreed and I'm going to be getting one this weekend at one of the local animal shelters, I've been looking up stuff and tips all day and everyday for the past week but any help is appreciated. I plan to buy everything before we get the cat and get it set up a day before and then head on over and choose one of my furever friends. anyways, I'm just super excited and will probably post a photo of him/her when I get them on here. c: All tips are appreciated!
charmie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me