The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What type of rodents do you have?

Rats
27%
Hamsters
17%
Gerbils
5%
Mice
11%
Guinea Pigs
15%
Chinchillas
2%
Degus
1%
None :(
15%
None, but getting some soon!
7%

Total votes : 339

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Postby pizzas and scream » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 pm

nervousdog wrote:
faffy the fauxfox wrote:how do you rodent fans deal with feelings when and if you have mice ruining your house and pooping in your food?

Humane traps to remove pests . I loved my rats more than anything, but a wild animal is a bit different- especially when they become a pest problem .
Glue traps are inhumane and sad . They will also trap other animals to die a sad fate and not just the mice you are looking to trap .
A live trap is something that would work, and then you could relocate the caught mice to a different area, far away from your home . But that only leads to it's own moralities of tossing the mice into a place where they wont thrive or sometimes survive .
I personally dont mind snap traps as they provide a quick end so the animal does not suffer long .

Wild rodents can carry many things that you dont want; fleas, illnesses, etc . They breed super fast too, and feeding off of the food in your home can allow them to explode in population . Its just an unhygienic situation and when it happens you just have to push your feelings for domesticated rodents aside and take care of it .

the house I live in is partly "summer cabin" winterized. so the 'ol "just plug up everything duh!" is extreamly hard. after putting screen up in the pantry, they found their way back in. and I have no way to catch, tag, and then beepboop see where they go.(we also get bats btw)

I wanted to see how people here are, as it seems like on facebook, some animal lovers either won't care, or think it's easy to glue up every hole, catch every rodent, drive 9 miles and set them free in the wilderness(or be "just keep food tigher even in barns) or of course my favorite "rodents are cleaner than people"
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:03 pm

So Milo, my Fancy Mouse, turns two on the first of October.
    He has been 'looking old' for 6 months and I'm starting to see him getting stiff and struggling to move around his cage.
    Sometimes he will still climb to the top and hang out in his hammocks and sit on his ropes, but he's slowed down and doesn't use his spinning saucer anymore.
    What suggestions do you guys have to help make him more comfortable?
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby la .balrynoltrus. » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:31 pm

I had two lovely guinea pigs who died in 2017 at the age of 5. RIP Vids and Cece...miss ya.

Also, rodents are the most fun animals to draw as anthros. Their lil teeth and whiskers are so cuuuuute...and they kinda already have fingers so they can grab stuff all anthro-like.
Pronounced /(ʔ)balrə'noltrus(ʔ)/ ~ bahl-ruh-NOHL-troos
she/her
I like to BUILD THA WORLDS.
la .balrynoltrus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bury » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Username: Magi
      Favorite type of rodent: hamsters, but i really love rats and capybaras too
      Tell us about your pets: i currently have one roborovski hamster named hamlet! hes a cute little fluffball
      Other: in the past ive had two syrian hams, aptly named mabel and mabel jr
      im waiting for the day where im allowed to get rats!!
lain hehim
bury

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caisha » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 am

Hi everyone c:

Username: Caisha
      Favorite type of rodent: Guinea Pigs
      Tell us about your pets: I have two guinea pigs called Michi and Sushi. They are both young boys and I love them so much!!
      Other: I write a blog about guinea pigs in Finnish because I want to share my knowledge of how to care for them. I'm really passionate about piggies <3 I have had more piggies in the past and I also had 3 hamsters when I was a kid.
Caisha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucipher » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:23 am

Username: lucipher
      Favorite type of rodent: ratties <3
      Tell us about your pets: I have five beautiful rat boys - Raisin is a top eared weak silvermane, Pigeon is a dumbo strong silvermane, Porridge is a rex cinnamon dumbo, Bramble is a rex agouti dumbo and Radish is a rex agouti top eared. They're all such different characters - and Radish is my heart rat. There's something so special about him - he will give me kisses endlessly, and always leap towards me after trotting to get near me. He uses his hands a lot more than my other gorgeous ratties too and it makes my heart melt. They're all AMAZING though.
      Other: I used to have two rabbits - Sarah and Alice. They were the only pets I had in my childhood and they were glorious to know and look after. They didn't like to be held but they'd come and eat grass as close to where I would sit in the garden as possible. I also taught them to stand up on their hind legs for food so they'd do that when they were begging for food :lol:
lucipher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FunFace » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:39 am

Username: Funface
      Favorite type of rodent: Rats!
      Tell us about your pets: I have two great rat bois! Their names are Jigsaw and Scrabble and are so very cute! Both of them are a little mean, but that's kinda my fault for not training them when they were young :[. Scrabble is a sweet big boy who is very gentle and would eat out of your hand! Jigsaw however is a small boy whonis quite feisty, I think its because he was a runt. I love both my boys very dearly and I love showing them off!
      Other: These are the first rats I've ever had! They are in a decent sized 4 story dat cage and I think they are happy. These boys adore attention and i cant wait to get more rats!

(Scrabble left, Jigsaw right)
This is one of the early pics I've taken if them!
Attachments
20201107_173733.jpg
20201107_173733.jpg (262.15 KiB) Viewed 82 times

please oh please click my eggs
Image Image Image Image
FunFace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyabeille » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:48 am

Username: waterlily
      Favorite type of rodent: chinchillas or hamsters!
      Tell us about your pets: i have two chinchillas, both two and a half years old. they're brothers :3c their names are Mozzarella and Monterey, and at home my parents have two as well, Muenster and Swiss !! I also have a cat :>

Other: once i find the time to post pictures of my boys i will, theyre my pride and joy and i love them to bits !!
nyabeille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:03 pm

I love to see all the new members and I cannot wait for the cuties to be posted @waterlily <3
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well.

Username: bunny fluff
      Favorite type of rodent: guinea pigs
      Tell us about your pets: I have two guinea pigs and a pet mouse.
      Other: I moved to a different state about a month ago and my guinea pigs are still back home im waiting until I move into a larger apartment before taking them with me.

I just adopted a pet mouse from the humane society this week and im so in love with him! He's the sweetest little guy.

Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me